Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Default "Fix it" question, googled and not found.

Hello LEO's and thank you for your service.
A few weeks ago i was given 2 fix it tickets. One for the "modified" exhaust system on my car, and the second was for not having proof of insurance on me (stupid yes i know, but i was and am insured). The officer was nice and both were marked correctable. I have since printed my current proof of insurance, and returned my exhaust to factory and signed off by an officer at the local police station. The officer told me that when i had these things fixed all i would have to do is show the court clerk my proof of insurance and signed ticket, then pay a nominal fee for processing.

My question/concern:
Today i got my official letter from the court and its telling me that i have to pay at minimum $218 or without proof of insurance $1013. It says nothing specific to my citation, and offer traffic school which isnt even applicable. Is this letter wrong?or am i royally bonned for $218? This doest seem right being that they were both correctable. This really has me upset. Regardless i will handle this, this coming week. I was just wondering if anyone knows so i can stop worrying about it.

Thanks in advance,
Skkppy
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Have you been cited for the modified exhaust before? Some courts are getting tired of the swapping back and forth between illegal and legal just to get the ticket signed off and are catching on. Just an idea.
There is no way to really know whats going on without contacting the court and asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 PM

never been cited for anything before
Old 02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Calguns Addict

It varies by jurisdiction. Contact the court of jurisdiction for the most accurate info.

Good luck

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM

That could be the administrative fee. Some counties are moving to $100 or more per violation for corrected violations. Used to be $15 or so but times have changed.
Old 02-06-2011, 1:33 PM
Veteran Member

Yep, used to be &10 for the court to sign off on your fix it tickets but prices have gone up quite a bit. Best bet? Don't modify your exhaust.
Old 02-06-2011, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

It's 25 for correctable around here, find any LEO and have or rather request they sign off your ticket then take it to the court traffic division or even call the number in your cite, tell them it was corrected and signed, they should just have you send in the check for the 25 per correctable violation, and your signed off proof, that's about the way it goes around here at least
Good luck

Tripper