Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 01-30-2019, 10:01 AM

Default PF940c AlphaWolf tolerance stacking trigger bar firing pin safety

Did a P80 build with an RMR cut Lone Wolf AlphaWolf slide and the nub on the trigger bar that depresses the firing pin safety plunger was rubbing on the slide in front of the plunger when cycling with the trigger pressed.

This caused the pistol to occasionally fail to return to battery when cycled.

Seems like a simple fix, just remove a tiny bit of material from the nub on the trigger bar (sorry, don't know if that bit that sticks up has a name). I went at it with a diamond file, then a sharpening stone, and finally hit it with some Flitzô and a polishing wheel on the rotary tool.

Now cycles snap caps very reliably, and I can't get it to fail to reenter battery even if I ride the slide all the way back to just before lockup. Still appears to be plenty there to move the firing pin safety out of the way, launches pencils clear across the room.

Question for the armorers, am I overlooking anything that could lead to a safety issue?
Old 01-30-2019, 11:12 AM

I have this exact issue with my most recent lone wolf slide. Pisses me off. I liked their slides until this one.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:18 AM

The bird head of the trigger bar drags so much that it put a bur in the slide where the safety plunger rides.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:52 AM

Yeah, it's annoying but what are ya gonna do? I had all the files and whatnot for the build anyway. Overall I'm reasonably happy with the slide for the price. Wish I got one with front serrations but easy enough to use the RMR for my operator style press checks.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:53 AM

Filing down the bird head (thanks for the name btw) did the trick.
Old 01-30-2019, 4:53 PM

I donít know if itís actually called a birds head. I think I heard Lenny say it once.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 AM

Try it with factory glock parts and see if you still have the issue. Also mark with a sharpie so you can see where it rubs and remove material til it no longer rubs.