Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Blades, Bows and Tools
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blades, Bows and Tools Discussion of non-firearm weapons and camping/survival tools.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member

Default getting in to Knives, any one else a knife person?

I recently got into knives. Bought a cheap chinese metal Kershaw at Big 5 on a whim, my fishing knife was pretty banged up. realized I missed the days of having a knife for fishing and every day carry.

Then a calgunner posted a sale on a Kershaw Leek ($27 on amazon) and that was my first american made blade. I was surprised the detail compared to the chinese blades.

Picked a couple Zero tolerances and then recently bought a lambert/reate. Man what a difference in fit and finish. Much like guns I can see you get what you pay for in upper tiers. Of course there is always a plateau where you start getting less for the money. and that's where I'm at.

What's the next step? A full custom blade like a Chris Reeve's Sebenza or Liong mah? Are they really worth the extra cost? These knives often go for over $1k and I fell like I'd rather just buy another gun at that cost haha.

My logic is the same as with guns, I'm sure there is a huge market for custom blades and I'm sure I'm not going to lose money. it's better than wasting my money on beer and food that has no value after it's done.

either way, here's a pic of my small collection for now.....Thanks for looking and any input. Sorry the lighting isn't better.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-20-2019 at 5:29 PM..
Old 01-19-2019, 3:31 PM

my EDC
Lion-steel titanium with M390 supersteel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2019, 3:51 PM

More of a fixed blade guy.
Check out my IG account. —-> @FLDWRX
I live down the road from CrK and yes, Seb21 is a tank!
Old 01-19-2019, 4:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorts View Post
my EDC
Lion-steel titanium with M390 supersteel.

Wow that is nice. I looked at lionsteel Damascus blade. What model is that?

My Lambert crossroads has M390, the two carbon fiber ZT's are S35n and my ZT0920 is CPM20cv.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-20-2019 at 9:15 AM..
Old 01-19-2019, 4:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIELDWORKS360 View Post
More of a fixed blade guy.
Check out my IG account. —-> @FLDWRX
I live down the road from CrK and yes, Seb21 is a tank!
I like fixed blades but with the carry laws in CA it's a bit sketchy, and for me I'm not too big on carrying owb. I did pick up a Kabar tanto that's a beast. But I have only used it for hunting and camping so far.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-20-2019 at 9:15 AM..
Old 01-19-2019, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwinam View Post
Wow that is nice. I looked at lionsteel Damascus blade. What model is that?

My Lambert crossroads has M390, the two ZTs are S35n and my ZT0920 is CPM20cv.

TRE
https://www.lionsteel.it/n/en/product/1725/tre

as for fixed i use my friend knifes, worth every penny:
Camper

Skinner:

skinner is CPM154if im not mistaken, Camper is spectrumwear steel, keeping super sharp edge for really long time.
his blades review by Aus blogger
https://youtu.be/-egjtaBw11o

Old 01-19-2019, 5:37 PM

Rmor_knives check out my instagram
Old 01-19-2019, 5:38 PM

I can also make you a custom knife for much less than 1k.
Old 01-19-2019, 6:17 PM

who is paying over 1k for a knife?

Old 01-19-2019, 8:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Anyone who wants a Loveless, an original Randall or a Mad Dog
Old 01-19-2019, 8:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/...ert-kirby.html

I know there's lots of options but most custom knives are over $1k.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-20-2019 at 9:16 AM..
Old 01-19-2019, 9:54 PM

nuts , would not take some of those for free.
but its a free country spend your money your way (:-

Old 01-19-2019, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

I'm a big fan of Cold Steel and Spyderco.

I used to EDC SOG, Kershaw and CRKT and either didn't like the blade edge retention or features on the models I tried.

I personally can't see spending new gun/case of ammo money amounts on a knife.

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
"Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze
Old 01-19-2019, 10:31 PM

I like Benchmade and Spyderco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 7:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Quote:
TRE
https://www.lionsteel.it/n/en/product/1725/tre

as for fixed i use my friend knifes, worth every penny:
Camper

Skinner:

skinner is CPM154if im not mistaken, Camper is spectrumwear steel, keeping super sharp edge for really long time.
his blades review by Aus blogger
https://youtu.be/-egjtaBw11o

Thanks, cool knife. The blade is pretty small under 3" but I assume it's super light then. Kind of like the leek but better metal.
Old 01-20-2019, 7:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanze View Post
I'm a big fan of Cold Steel and Spyderco.

I used to EDC SOG, Kershaw and CRKT and either didn't like the blade edge retention or features on the models I tried.

I personally can't see spending new gun/case of ammo money amounts on a knife.
Ya that's kind of where I'm at, $1k is allot of money. I could have a nice shotgun or an M1a for a little bit more. But the one thing about knives is you don't need to buy ammo to use them and they're pretty common for use on a daily basis. I'm not sure I'd want to use $1k on daily chores though haha. So I guess it's kind of a waste.

I was just curious if anyone had any is those nicer custom knovrs and could give some input. Kind of like a Ed Brown, Nighthawk or Les Baer, are they really worth the money for the extra fit & finish? I've shot a couple Nighthawks and they're impressive but I'm not sure. I'm ready to drop $3k+ for one.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-21-2019 at 10:21 AM..
Old 01-20-2019, 7:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cip View Post
I like Benchmade and Spyderco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great knives, the Benchmade lock up is superb.
Old 01-20-2019, 8:40 AM

Join the UsualSuspects knife forum and learn all you can about knives. Plenty of custom makers and reps from production knife companies are on the board. I used to collect custom knives with some being on the thousands. I sold most of them off but held on to my sentimental pieces. It's an expensive hobby to be in so try not to get caught up with the guys who always have the expensive pieces.
Old 01-20-2019, 8:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Wink

ONLY when my steak comes off the grill.
Old 01-20-2019, 9:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
Join the UsualSuspects knife forum and learn all you can about knives. Plenty of custom makers and reps from production knife companies are on the board. I used to collect custom knives with some being on the thousands. I sold most of them off but held on to my sentimental pieces. It's an expensive hobby to be in so try not to get caught up with the guys who always have the expensive pieces.
Thank you good info. I've got my eye on a liong mah warrior 2v2 and that lionsteel Tre looks pretty nice too. Not sure I'll jump into the $1k mark anytime soon though. After reading up on it those pieces seem more like art than an actual usable knife. I don't own guns I don't shoot and I don't intend to buy a knife I don't use. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-20-2019, 9:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
ONLY when my steak comes off the grill.
Ribeye black and blue with salt & pepper !
Old 01-20-2019, 8:04 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I bought my first nice knife about 2 years ago (ZT 0350CF). I got out of control and bought 30 + more knives over the course of the next year or so.. I've since sold many of them after realizing they did nothing for me sitting in my safe.

I still have my original ZT, a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza with Damascus blade and some type of wood inlay, a Darrel Ralph Dominator (one of my favorites, it is soo smooth), a few more ZT's, Spyderco w/ M4 blade, Fox Phoenix Tashi 531 (another very smooth flipper) and I'm sure I have a few more I forgot about. I just recently bought a RMJ Tactical tomahawk.. Trying to resist the urge to get into that hobby!

I personally don't see the point to spend the money on a full on custom since most of the mid-techs are "just about" as nice. I've never owned a full custom so can't say for sure, just what I've heard.

Last edited by cgseanp1; 01-20-2019 at 8:06 PM..
Old 01-20-2019, 8:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgseanp1 View Post
I bought my first nice knife about 2 years ago (ZT 0350CF). I got out of control and bought 30 + more knives over the course of the next year or so.. I've since sold many of them after realizing they did nothing for me sitting in my safe.

I still have my original ZT, a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza with Damascus blade and some type of wood inlay, a Darrel Ralph Dominator (one of my favorites, it is soo smooth), a few more ZT's, Spyderco w/ M4 blade, Fox Phoenix Tashi 531 (another very smooth flipper) and I'm sure I have a few more I forgot about. I just recently bought a RMJ Tactical tomahawk.. Trying to resist the urge to get into that hobby!

I personally don't see the point to spend the money on a full on custom since most of the mid-techs are "just about" as nice. I've never owned a full custom so can't say for sure, just what I've heard.
Exactly they info I was looking for.... Thank you sir
Old 01-20-2019, 8:56 PM

Nice collection! The biggest problem with Knife's is they ship them to your door. I've purchased many I really shouldn't have.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:13 PM

I recently got into knives. Bought a cheap chinese metal Kershaw at Big 5 on a whim, my fishing knife was pretty banged up. realized I missed the days of having a knife for fishing and every day carry. Welcome to the sickness! Kershaw makes solid knife for the money, not a bad way to start

Picked a couple Zero tolerances and then recently bought a lambert/reate. Man what a difference in fit and finish. ZT's makes a great knife, almost all of them are on ceramic bearings and have steel lockbar inserts, their action on the flippers is super smooth and the detent is almost always perfect. I carry my ZT 0452 quite a bit (even more than my expensive blades. Lately Reate has really stepped up their game

Much like guns I can see you get what you pay for in upper tiers. Of course there is always a plateau where you start getting less for the money. and that's where I'm at. Absolutely true, it's gonna boil down to your curiosity. It's not so much about getting less or more for the money but actually buying from a maker you admire and getting a product that you are truly exited about. You're still going to get exactly what you want but it's especially made for you. IMO the allure of a custom is knowing that all of the work was done by hand. The fit and finish on the scales, the satin hand rub on the blade, the detent. No production knife can come close. Custom knives can get very expensive because of all of the time that goes into making that little chunk of steel and carbon fiber that goes in your pocket lol.
Differnt knives have different actions, degrees of fit and finish, ergonomics, steel, weight etc etc. Once you spend $300 on a knife, it's not that much harder to spend $500 and then $600 and so on.
I have zero regrets about what I've spent on my knives.

What's the next step? A full custom blade like a Chris Reeve's Sebenza or Liong mah? Chris Reeve knives are midtech not custom but they are one hell of a workhorse. I would stick to the midtech versions of any Liong Mah, they are absolutely amazing and about $300 - $350 on the secondary market (originally brand new about $450)

Are they really worth the extra cost? These knives often go for over $1k and I fell like I'd rather just buy another gun at that cost haha. Yes (IMHO) they are absolutely worth the cost but the real question would be... Are they worth the cost to you? I would liken it to buying a Springfield Armory 1911 Mil Spec... Great gun by any standards, shoots straight, dependable and it'll probably last quite a long time. For many, it's all they could need or want. Others may find a particular affinity for a Dan Wesson or even a Wilson Combat. I guess it's what calls to you. Most people don't jump right in to a 2k custom knife (similar to guns) Work your way up until your curiosity is satisfied You can get some pretty amazing midtech knives and some customs for well under 1K on the secondary market. Stick to Bladeforums and USN (Usual Suspects Network)

I would stay away from buying / selling on facebook or instagram unless it's someone you know and trust.. way too many scammers (also never ever use paypal friends and family only use goods and services. Way too many people get burnt with zero recourse)

My logic is the same as with guns, I'm sure there is a huge market for custom blades and I'm sure I'm not going to lose money. it's better than wasting my money on beer and food that has no value after it's done. Most midtech and customs.. You won't loose money on if you search for a deal (same as buying a gun) It's like buying a TRP for 1K, you're still spending $1000 but your chances of recouping funds on resale are much better.

either way, here's a pic of my small collection for now.....Thanks for looking and any input. Really digging that Lambert! Congrats!

Check out some of these makers (just a few to start)
Rick Hinderer
Jake Hoback
Ferrum Forge
Les George
Todd Begg
DDR Knives
Giant Mouse knives
ADV knives

These guys all make customs but they have awesome midtech versions for much less.

Also check out Curtiss knives (they make incredible custom knives around $1000 but they sell for about $400 to $600 on Blade Forums.

I've got a few others to add, go on the knifecenter website or the bladehq website and you can see what they look like. Also, check out YouTube for reviews on anything you are considering buying. Jim Skelton does great reviews, check out his channel.
Best of Luck!
Old 01-20-2019, 11:22 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

I've been collecting knives for about 40 years. I must say this is a pretty deep rabbit hole. Proceed with caution.

I have way too many knives.
Old 01-21-2019, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmartin View Post
I recently got into knives. Bought a cheap chinese metal Kershaw at Big 5 on a whim, my fishing knife was pretty banged up. realized I missed the days of having a knife for fishing and every day carry. Welcome to the sickness! Kershaw makes solid knife for the money, not a bad way to start

Picked a couple Zero tolerances and then recently bought a lambert/reate. Man what a difference in fit and finish. ZT's makes a great knife, almost all of them are on ceramic bearings and have steel lockbar inserts, their action on the flippers is super smooth and the detent is almost always perfect. I carry my ZT 0452 quite a bit (even more than my expensive blades. Lately Reate has really stepped up their game

Much like guns I can see you get what you pay for in upper tiers. Of course there is always a plateau where you start getting less for the money. and that's where I'm at. Absolutely true, it's gonna boil down to your curiosity. It's not so much about getting less or more for the money but actually buying from a maker you admire and getting a product that you are truly exited about. You're still going to get exactly what you want but it's especially made for you. IMO the allure of a custom is knowing that all of the work was done by hand. The fit and finish on the scales, the satin hand rub on the blade, the detent. No production knife can come close. Custom knives can get very expensive because of all of the time that goes into making that little chunk of steel and carbon fiber that goes in your pocket lol.
Differnt knives have different actions, degrees of fit and finish, ergonomics, steel, weight etc etc. Once you spend $300 on a knife, it's not that much harder to spend $500 and then $600 and so on.
I have zero regrets about what I've spent on my knives.

What's the next step? A full custom blade like a Chris Reeve's Sebenza or Liong mah? Chris Reeve knives are midtech not custom but they are one hell of a workhorse. I would stick to the midtech versions of any Liong Mah, they are absolutely amazing and about $300 - $350 on the secondary market (originally brand new about $450)

Are they really worth the extra cost? These knives often go for over $1k and I fell like I'd rather just buy another gun at that cost haha. Yes (IMHO) they are absolutely worth the cost but the real question would be... Are they worth the cost to you? I would liken it to buying a Springfield Armory 1911 Mil Spec... Great gun by any standards, shoots straight, dependable and it'll probably last quite a long time. For many, it's all they could need or want. Others may find a particular affinity for a Dan Wesson or even a Wilson Combat. I guess it's what calls to you. Most people don't jump right in to a 2k custom knife (similar to guns) Work your way up until your curiosity is satisfied You can get some pretty amazing midtech knives and some customs for well under 1K on the secondary market. Stick to Bladeforums and USN (Usual Suspects Network)

I would stay away from buying / selling on facebook or instagram unless it's someone you know and trust.. way too many scammers (also never ever use paypal friends and family only use goods and services. Way too many people get burnt with zero recourse)

My logic is the same as with guns, I'm sure there is a huge market for custom blades and I'm sure I'm not going to lose money. it's better than wasting my money on beer and food that has no value after it's done. Most midtech and customs.. You won't loose money on if you search for a deal (same as buying a gun) It's like buying a TRP for 1K, you're still spending $1000 but your chances of recouping funds on resale are much better.

either way, here's a pic of my small collection for now.....Thanks for looking and any input. Really digging that Lambert! Congrats!

Check out some of these makers (just a few to start)
Rick Hinderer
Jake Hoback
Ferrum Forge
Les George
Todd Begg
DDR Knives
Giant Mouse knives
ADV knives

These guys all make customs but they have awesome midtech versions for much less.

Also check out Curtiss knives (they make incredible custom knives around $1000 but they sell for about $400 to $600 on Blade Forums.

I've got a few others to add, go on the knifecenter website or the bladehq website and you can see what they look like. Also, check out YouTube for reviews on anything you are considering buying. Jim Skelton does great reviews, check out his channel.
Best of Luck!
Thank you, all great info. I have reviewed Knife center and BladeHQ, some really nice knives on there.

I'm looking at the Liong mah warrior 2 V2 but the Lanny looks nice too. Lots of great options out there. I'm digging grimso as well.

https://grimsmoknives.com/collection...305-2364852375

I'll check out the names you gave me, once again thanks for all the info.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-21-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiFORNIA View Post
I can also make you a custom knife for much less than 1k.
Nice knives on your Instagram. I'd be interested in a custom knife. Pm me some details please.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
I've been collecting knives for about 40 years. I must say this is a pretty deep rabbit hole. Proceed with caution.

I have way too many knives.
I'm guessing you have one knife with rhinestones and some bling, pimp knife....I feel like some pics of the pimp knife would be better

Last edited by etwinam; 01-21-2019 at 10:31 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you, all great info. I have reviewed Knife center and BladeHQ, some really nice knives on there.

I'm looking at the Liong mah warrior 2 V2 but the Lanny looks nice too. Lots of great options out there. I'm digging grimso as well.

https://grimsmoknives.com/collection...305-2364852375

I'll check out the names you gave me, once again thanks for all the info.
You are very welcome! I am on the hunt for a Warrior V2 myself, Liong Mah's knives are so well executed it's really hard to buy better (similar blade) at any price. The Grimsmo Norseman is my fav from their lineup. Hey, did you know there is a huge Blade show in October? It's called the California Custom Knife show, it's in Orange County. It's a great place to go rubber necking and fondle some great knives. I usually never buy there because they are still expensive but I can talk to the makers and get a feel for different knives. http://californiacustomknifeshow.com/ There may be one in Pasadena but I'm not sure

Take a peek here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/categori...dividuals.681/
Old 01-21-2019, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmartin View Post
You are very welcome! I am on the hunt for a Warrior V2 myself, Liong Mah's knives are so well executed it's really hard to buy better (similar blade) at any price. The Grimsmo Norseman is my fav from their lineup. Hey, did you know there is a huge Blade show in October? It's called the California Custom Knife show, it's in Orange County. It's a great place to go rubber necking and fondle some great knives. I usually never buy there because they are still expensive but I can talk to the makers and get a feel for different knives. http://californiacustomknifeshow.com/ There may be one in Pasadena but I'm not sure

Take a peek here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/categori...dividuals.681/
Good lookin out, sounds like a fun time.

Ya, The Lambert is really growing on me. I got it because it looks like Lambert's don't stay in stock and he did a limited run with Reate. I didn't realize how much I would like it until I first held it. Now I can't put the thing down...... it really feels so flush and the tolerances are so perfectly executed.

In fact I was lucky to get one. I originally ordered it through Knifecenter and they said it was backordered so I quickly scrambled to get one again and I got the last one on Blade HQ, well the last carbon fiber one... I think they still have the green left but I didn't like the green.

Last edited by etwinam; 01-21-2019 at 1:31 PM..
Old 01-21-2019, 6:03 PM
Banned

While I am a knife guy I don't bother with custom stuff. Knives are disposable and all have a shelf life. For me the joy in a good knife is in using it, and that eventually dulls it and sharpening eventually makes it useless after long enough.

I enjoy carving and whittling. I'm not great, but it's super fun to take a piece of wood and turn it into something useful. I've carved doorstops, clothespins, forks, spoons, shot glasses, bookmarks, feather sticks, and more. A good knife makes all the difference in enjoying this activity.

I suggest giving it a try.
Old 01-21-2019, 6:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
While I am a knife guy I don't bother with custom stuff. Knives are disposable and all have a shelf life. For me the joy in a good knife is in using it, and that eventually dulls it and sharpening eventually makes it useless after long enough.

I enjoy carving and whittling. I'm not great, but it's super fun to take a piece of wood and turn it into something useful. I've carved doorstops, clothespins, forks, spoons, shot glasses, bookmarks, feather sticks, and more. A good knife makes all the difference in enjoying this activity.

Cool idea, I'll have to check it out. I definitely use my knives and guns so I see what you mean.
Old 01-22-2019, 5:25 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post

Are you saying a knife will eventually become useless, even after resharpening?

I do agree though, buying expensive knives just to leave sitting in your safe does seem like a waste though. Kind of like safe queen guns.
Old 01-22-2019, 7:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Are you saying a knife will eventually become useless, even after resharpening?

I do agree though, buying expensive knives just to leave sitting in your safe does seem like a waste though. Kind of like safe queen guns.
Yep, and if you love a sharp knife, and who doesn't right? You'll wear it down that much faster. That's what sharpening is, removing material from the blade. Fortunately there are some amazing blades for the money that retain their edge very well. But all knives will eventually wither away to nothing.
Old 01-22-2019, 8:01 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

I have found that, like a fine scotch or a good cigar, a beautifully made knife is something to be pondered, manipulated & enjoyed. My wife knows I’m in “deep thought” mode when I’ve removed myself to a quiet corner & all that can be heard is the “click-snick” of one of my folding knives.

The key is to have them available without being TOO available. I store all of my nicer folders & EDC’s in this vintage locking oak tool chest on my dresser. I will select the day’s carry as I dress, depending on mood & expected need, then secure the rest. It’s pocket jewelry for sure, but also a handy tool that can slice, pry or kill depending on need.

My Liong Mah Warrior2 & Kizer Shoal are beatiful works that are pure flippers. I have carried both on special occasions but would never use either for anything more than light slicing. They’re some of my favorite “click-snick” ponderers.

These Boker Kwaikens are the fastest flippers I’ve ever fondled. The blades fly out at mach 4 and snap securely in position. Excellent fit & finish.

I also own several ZT’s and a growing number of Spydercos. I love them both for different reasons, but the Spydies are superb, and my collection is expanding. It’s an enjoyable hobby that can get REALLY expensive, but if you have the means I highly recommend it.

~Pope John Paul II
Old 01-22-2019, 9:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStiCK View Post
I have found that, like a fine scotch or a good cigar, a beautifully made knife is something to be pondered, manipulated & enjoyed. My wife knows I’m in “deep thought” mode when I’ve removed myself to a quiet corner & all that can be heard is the “click-snick” of one of my folding knives.

The key is to have them available without being TOO available. I store all of my nicer folders & EDC’s in this vintage locking oak tool chest on my dresser. I will select the day’s carry as I dress, depending on mood & expected need, then secure the rest. It’s pocket jewelry for sure, but also a handy tool that can slice, pry or kill depending on need.

My Liong Mah Warrior2 & Kizer Shoal are beatiful works that are pure flippers. I have carried both on special occasions but would never use either for anything more than light slicing. They’re some of my favorite “click-snick” ponderers.

These Boker Kwaikens are the fastest flippers I’ve ever fondled. The blades fly out at mach 4 and snap securely in position. Excellent fit & finish.

I also own several ZT’s and a growing number of Spydercos. I love them both for different reasons, but the Spydies are superb, and my collection is expanding. It’s an enjoyable hobby that can get REALLY expensive, but if you have the means I highly recommend it.
Wow that Warrior is awesome. I've looked at the Kwaiken too. It seems like a good knife as well. I have my eye on the new WE 819 as well. At this point it's a matter of resources haha.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I recently got into knives. Bought a cheap chinese metal Kershaw at Big 5 on a whim, my fishing knife was pretty banged up. realized I missed the days of having a knife for fishing and every day carry.

here's a pic of my small collection for now.....Thanks for looking and any input. Sorry the lighting isn't better.
Great collection. I love the 0452CF and 0450... love ZT. Two I'll recommend are the 0456BW and the 0804CF... those are right up there at the top of the ZT's IMHO. I carry the 0456BW most lately - well balanced and I just love the action and feel. 0804CF is hard to beat for a relatively big folder that is also light.
Old 01-22-2019, 1:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Great collection. I love the 0452CF and 0450... love ZT. Two I'll recommend are the 0456BW and the 0804CF... those are right up there at the top of the ZT's IMHO. I carry the 0456BW most lately - well balanced and I just love the action and feel. 0804CF is hard to beat for a relatively big folder that is also light.
I looked at 0804cf and I was impressed. It's discontinued so the only places I could find it were a bit sketchy or used. They were still asking $300+. It looks like a beautiful knife, sturdy yet light with clean lines.
Old 01-22-2019, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I looked at 0804cf and I was impressed. It's discontinued so the only places I could find it were a bit sketchy or used. They were still asking $300+. It looks like a beautiful knife, sturdy yet light with clean lines.
Yeah, you can get anything if you just keep your eyes peeled on ebay and Blade Forums.

I thought the 0456 was uncool when I saw it but I liked the way the BW version looked and am pretty shocked I love it so much. Not exactly the sleek Sinkevich lines I am used to. Great tank-like but refined knife when you get your hands on it.

First auction says you can save 15% with "jumpstart19" code which makes it cheaper than #2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Tolera...frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Tolera...frcectupt=true