Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 6:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Q: for LEO conserning tailgating

So was ruthlessly tailgated for no apparent reason yesterday, buy a woman (use the term loosely here) in a pickup truck. my speed 38m/hr in 45 approaching side street with vehicle entering roadway.

Truck zooms up behind me (no exaggeration here) now only 2ft from me, I slow down to not crowed merging vehicle, an slow to 32 & allow time for said vehicle to make speed (next stop sign only 50yds away now).

Woman for some reason thinks climbing up to less than 10" now is a good idea, I think she's an idiot ( my perception here) she continues this poor behavior & close's the gap even more.

( Thanks to Calguns I know now that small car hate is real, as those that do it have admitted to it) Thanks guys, could of lived my whole life not knowing this.

When reaching stop sign she pulls on me to the point of zero inch's now. I'm taking this as a sign of aggression at this point. She obviously has a stick up her butt, IMO. Just not sure why.

Now my vehicle is 2nd in line at stop, she's trying to push me (without actually making contact)

I make her pause at stop (I'm second car back) for an extra 12-14 seconds (well just because, some will know what I mean) approach sign then after stopping at sign added another 8 second pause because she won't get off my *****.

Now turn right head down to pick up wife from work, this lame excuse for human a life now follows me like I just side swiped her truck.

Follows me all the way in (dead end road), I stop short of where I park to let her pass thinking she works there, No that's not it she's not finished with this.

At this point I'm thinking I should confront her, but unwilling to exit vehicle to do so, as I believe she will likely run me over.

I turn around to come along side to tell her what a POS she is, she backs up turns her truck around & stops at other parking across from the small street (25yds away) that comes in to this place. I flash my lights at her as to say u-suck, she pulls her phone out an begins to (I think record).

Now it gets more fun, security guard is walking around, she pulls next to him (I guessing to tell her fable to him) I don't think the guard needed a one sided story, (as we all know how men will believe any woman, even with pictures of her killing someone) so I yell out the window what a rotten & dangerous driver she is, & to learn how to drive !.

Now I go back to pick up wife from work. game over.

1. At what point does the act of tailgating become Dangerous or Reckless ?

2. An when does the dangerous driving become Reckless vehicle use for Intimidation ?

3. Is she in her right to drive like this, is this even a driving offence, I say this only because I've never heard or seen anyone anywhere be sited for such driving skills.

I drive a small car, & this is not the very 1st episode with trucks throwing the weight around to be the hateful driver. But this is definitely one of the bolder people I've run across, who (would seem) would risk everything to be That Tard.

Yeah I know cool story bra !

Thanks LEO for thoughts & insight on this worrisome & down right dangerous situation.
Old 10-21-2017, 6:32 AM

You were looking for trouble
Pull over, let her pass. Move on with life

I'm not an leo, but I'm pretty sure that's what they'll say.

You weren't helping the situation.

Quote:
I make her pause at stop (I'm second car back) for an extra 12-14 seconds (well just because, some will know what I mean) approach sign then after stopping at sign added another 8 second pause because she won't get off my *****.
Old 10-21-2017, 6:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Now that was stupid, or maybe I should of stated there was NO WHERE to pull over.

Thanks for chiming in with that lameness. god help us
Old 10-21-2017, 7:52 AM

It takes two to tango...and you obviously were up for it. You made her sit needlessly at a stop sign for 14 seconds? Then another 8?

Yeah, you're not so innocent either.

Call dousan's suggestion lame all you want, I'm sure everyone will agree that you helped fuel this fire.

Next time call the police immediately to make a report. You can also pull out your camera and record or pretend to record, that de-escalates a lot of situations, too.
Old 10-21-2017, 8:21 AM
Calguns Addict

So your driving below the speed limit, you slow down even more to allow a car to turn onto the road in front of you and complain about the car wanting to drive the speed limit behind you? Perhaps you should read this,

22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.
No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
and this,
21802. (a) The driver of any vehicle approaching a stop sign at the entrance to, or within, an intersection shall stop as required by Section 22450. The driver shall then yield the right-of-way to any vehicles which have approached from another highway, or which are approaching so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to those vehicles until he or she can proceed with reasonable safety.

There is nothing in the law that requires you to allow a car to enter onto the highway you are driving on from a different highway, the exact opposite is true they can not enter the highway if your vehicle is close enough to cause a hazard. People slowing down or stopping to allow someone off a side street or private driveway have cause collisions, where I have written them as driver 1 at fault for the collision.

Based solely on your story, yes she was driving aggressively, but you sure weren't helping the situation any, and were just as much to blame as she was. You can't play the victim when you initially caused the problem by driving under the speed limit, and then holding her up at the stop sign for no reason other than you felt like it.
Old 10-21-2017, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Cameras going in next month for these hateful situations,

NO it doesn't take two to tango, when one of them is NUTS ! & I assure you was not I.

It's saddening to be subject to this behavior from (would be) adults, to think one's life is so worthless & they would pull this kind of stunt.

I've had it & will post Video's to LEO FB page when these lame excuse for human beings that would pull the tard card.

Will also post up to any an all Auto Insurance sites I can find or FB page I can locate, with lic plate included.

Maybe when these peoples Ins. rates increase (or comes to court for another death defying interaction), this will slow, I doubt it though, as the old saying go's "YOU CAN"T FIX STUPID !" but will try none the less.

FYI:
those pauses were after the fact of total escalation (what ever the he** she was thinking was in motion before she got to me) , she was already at Defcon 1 she was already ballistic, a couple seconds either way were not going to change a thing from this female/shemale.

I see this situation as not unlike Democrats, they do what they want, no matter who it hurts or how illegal it is or who it may kill or injure. & they seem to get a pass, not unlike here.

But thanks anyway.
Old 10-21-2017, 9:07 AM
Calguns Addict

First off, post was a Q: that means answers to the question 1,2,3. at hand, but instead, we get interjection from peanut gallery.

I gave my take, & that's all you ran with, nice Democratic move there.

P5Ret: you clearly read & interpreted as you like, nice going, remind me not to have you on jury.

Just what kind of truck do you drive ? & was that your daughter yesterday diving it ? cause it's sounding like your protecting someone !

Thanks for the insight

Now if someone with brains could please step up an give answer to these Q: if it's not to much trouble.

Trying to say something to CG on this forum seems just like working with the LEFT at times, many here will run it to ground before you give an inch in any positive manner, real nice !

It's no wonder we can't win or get anything done to protect our rights, we are easy pickings IMHO.
Old 10-21-2017, 9:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
So was ruthlessly tailgated for no apparent reason yesterday, buy a woman (use the term loosely here) in a pickup truck. my speed 38m/hr in 45 approaching side street with vehicle entering roadway.

Truck zooms up behind me (no exaggeration here) now only 2ft from me, I slow down to not crowed merging vehicle, an slow to 32 & allow time for said vehicle to make speed (next stop sign only 50yds away now).

Woman for some reason thinks climbing up to less than 10" now is a good idea, I think she's an idiot ( my perception here) she continues this poor behavior & close's the gap even more.

( Thanks to Calguns I know now that small car hate is real, as those that do it have admitted to it) Thanks guys, could of lived my whole life not knowing this.

When reaching stop sign she pulls on me to the point of zero inch's now. I'm taking this as a sign of aggression at this point. She obviously has a stick up her butt, IMO. Just not sure why.

Now my vehicle is 2nd in line at stop, she's trying to push me (without actually making contact)

Now turn right head down to pick up wife from work, this lame excuse for human a life now follows me like I just side swiped her truck.

Follows me all the way in (dead end road), I stop short of where I park to let her pass thinking she works there, No that's not it she's not finished with this.

At this point I'm thinking I should confront her, but unwilling to exit vehicle to do so, as I believe she will likely run me over.

I turn around to come along side to tell her what a POS she is, she backs up turns her truck around & stops at other parking across from the small street (25yds away) that comes in to this place. I flash my lights at her as to say u-suck, she pulls her phone out an begins to (I think record).

Now it gets more fun, security guard is walking around, she pulls next to him (I guessing to tell her fable to him) I don't think the guard needed a one sided story, (as we all know how men will believe any woman, even with pictures of her killing someone) so I yell out the window what a rotten & dangerous driver she is, & to learn how to drive !.

Now I go back to pick up wife from work. game over.

1. At what point does the act of tailgating become Dangerous or Reckless ?

2. An when does the dangerous driving become Reckless vehicle use for Intimidation ?

3. Is she in her right to drive like this, is this even a driving offence, I say this only because I've never heard or seen anyone anywhere be sited for such driving skills.

I drive a small car, & this is not the very 1st episode with trucks throwing the weight around to be the hateful driver. But this is definitely one of the bolder people I've run across, who (would seem) would risk everything to be That Tard.

Yeah I know cool story bra !

Thanks LEO for thoughts & insight on this worrisome & down right dangerous situation.
You have the wrong small car. Drive a Porsche (or similar) take her into a freeway 270 degree turn on ramp at track speed and watch the pickup slide into the weeds. Problem solved.
Old 10-21-2017, 9:40 AM

Once I spotted a car late at night coming up fast behind me, I didnt know who they were but pulled over to let them pass me. He pulled in behind me and turned on his pretty lights.
When the LEO came to window he said " I thought you might be someone I was looking for but before I could see you were not, you pulled over for me"
OP if I were you pull over let her pass, if that doesnt work drive to the PO PO and let them start a three way group therapy session
Old 10-21-2017, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
First off, post was a Q: that means answers to the question 1,2,3. at hand, but instead, we get interjection from peanut gallery.

I gave my take, & that's all you ran with, nice Democratic move there.

P5Ret: you clearly read & interpreted as you like, nice going, remind me not to have you on jury.

Just what kind of truck do you drive ? & was that your daughter yesterday diving it ? cause it's sounding like your protecting someone !

Thanks for the insight

Now if someone with brains could please step up an give answer to these Q: if it's not to much trouble.

Trying to say something to CG on this forum seems just like working with the LEFT at times, many here will run it to ground before you give an inch in any positive manner, real nice !

It's no wonder we can't win or get anything done to protect our rights, we are easy pickings IMHO.
Your story based on 20+ years of LE experience showed me that you were probably in violation of at least one of the sections of the vehicle code I quoted.

You just can't admit that you didn't escalate the problem once it came to you. Your poor decision to slow even further below the speed limit, for no lawful reason, and then to hold at the stop sign for no lawful reason, demonstrates poor decision making ability. The smart move would have been to extricate yourself from it and let her go.

Following too closely or tailgating isn't going to reach the level of reckless driving without some other violation to go along with it. Nor can you make up laws to see if it fits. There is no such law as using a vehicle for intimidation. As already stated she was in violation of 21703 CVC. But that doesn't get you out of the 22400(a) you admit to.

Sorry I'm not taking the bait, you want to make it personal and accuse me or my family of something knock yourself out, sounds like something a 12 year old would do. Just for the record my daughter was on her way home from the Napa fire's yesterday after their strike team was released, so the truck she was driving yesterday was a big red International wildland rig.

Last edited by P5Ret; 10-21-2017 at 9:55 AM..
Old 10-21-2017, 9:53 AM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Pull over - let tailgater pass - Continue your normal existence - Wall of text on CGN avoided as well - All is good in a normal world.
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 10-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Once again: where does one pull over when there is no place to pull over ? into oncoming traffic ? as that is all that's left.

Once again vehicle merged in front of me, do I
1. keep speed to satisfy the tailgater an plow vehicle that merged ? that's smart
2. Apply brake to slow to avoid colliding with said merger an avoid accident ? but doing so decrease collision speed with tailgater if it comes to that ?

With CG brain trust, just like Sacramento, there is no win.

Maybe I could of handled the stop sign differently, but this bit** was off her Meds, & screwed in the head, not unlike some here.

Maybe very soon you'll experience something very similar, & no one will believe a word you say, & you eat Shat for it, on that day you'll come to the realization that your know it all attitude will bit you in the rear HARD.

Thanks again for the back up, this is why we lose our rights, we take each other apart & throw conjecture out, to look good to fellow CGners of same mined set.

You guys are AWESOME !
Old 10-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Still too much text - not reading - pulling over to let you pass ... see-ya
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 10-21-2017, 10:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

OP is super passive aggressive. Retaliates and escalates situation....

When that is pointed out to him he gets angry and starts with personal attacks and talks trash about people's families.

Take a deep breath OP.....a retired cop just gave you his professional opinion and then you decided to talk crap about his daughter....way out of line.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Calguns Addict

^^^uses firearms should be jailed, gun are dangerous !^^^
Old 10-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Calguns Addict

P5Ret: no disrespect to you or your daughter, but you reading leans way left of center. (& your daughter is awesome for fighting fires !)

That said it's almost like you take the other side of the equation, sorry but that's how it looks.

Q: for all, if someone is being aggressive towards you or you family, is your fist reaction one of passiveness, do you curl you tail between your legs & run, or is you 1st reaction to be let say not un-aggressive but something else ?

The judgement here is stellar that there is no doubt, but what if YOU were me, what if you felt threatened ? is your 1st reaction to puss out the very 1st reaction now !

The honesty here is lacking big time, some of you act like your some kind of saint, & can not be push into anything. I say BS. you all would of likely done very much like I did, or worse.

If you can't admit that, you can't admit anything, an as being human you fool your self saying different IMHO.

Perfect Human beings do not exist, there was only one who was, an God was well pleased with him. Us on the other hand suck at even the basic human works.

I suppose this is wrong also RIGHT !, an should of pulled over !
Old 10-21-2017, 11:47 AM

You were below speed limit, she decided to show you and push you along. You decided you wou kd get the last laugh by holding her at the stop sign. Sounds like you were both playing who's the bigger jack ***. Btw i drive a honda accord in rush hour monday through Friday. People drive like idiots don't take it personally and it's not your job to punish them. Just my peanuts for the gallery.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
P5Ret: no disrespect to you or your daughter, but you reading leans way left of center. (& your daughter is awesome for fighting fires !)

That said it's almost like you take the other side of the equation, sorry but that's how it looks.

Q: for all, if someone is being aggressive towards you or you family, is your fist reaction one of passiveness, do you curl you tail between your legs & run, or is you 1st reaction to be let say not un-aggressive but something else ?

The judgement here is stellar that there is no doubt, but what if YOU were me, what if you felt threatened ? is your 1st reaction to puss out the very 1st reaction now !

The honesty here is lacking big time, some of you act like your some kind of saint, & can not be push into anything. I say BS. you all would of likely done very much like I did, or worse.

If you can't admit that, you can't admit anything, an as being human you fool your self saying different IMHO.

Perfect Human beings do not exist, there was only one who was, an God was well pleased with him. Us on the other hand suck at even the basic human works.

I suppose this is wrong also RIGHT !, an should of pulled over !
Sorry not buying your apology, you meant it exactly how you wrote it.

Nor do I see how pointing out the simple fact that your own words show a probable violation of 22400(a) CVC is a left leaning interpretation.

As previously mentioned neither or you were right in your actions, but it isn't a question of who was more wrong or who was more right. At this point it's done nothing is going to change what happened, so why not use it as question of how to avoid future conflicts and options for doing so. Is knowing that law a or b was violated going to change anything or make anyone feel any better?

I got faults and admit it, and if being brutally honest is one of them so be it.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes I did, I thought your post was bias at the very least.

For your daughter, I meant no disrespect & I apologized, you can take it how ever you want, & looks like you have, so that's on you now.

When people are bias then we've all lost something, but I now view your LEO credentials as somewhat flawed/skewed, & leaning a hard left, thanks for the clarity.

I will likely never view LEO the same again, so thanks for that also.

I hope you sleep good at night knowing how far left you have become.

Enjoy your day.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:21 PM

Lolol
So anyone who doesn't take your side is a lefty

You are a joke.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Bias because you fail to see how your own actions contributed to the event, or because I can quote a section of the vehicle code that relates to your description of the event showing what you did?

Maybe you can show me where I showed any bias or absolved the other driver of anything? I simply pointed out that both of you can share some of the blame. Yeah she may have started it, but you sure didn't do anything to to avoid it or minimize it, now did you?

Either way your lame attempts at insults toward me don't mean a damn thing, I've survived this long in my life without speaking a word to you or giving a damn of your opinion of me, I think I'll get by just fine. Enjoy life in your ivory tower where you do no wrong.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Did you read ?

The honesty here is lacking big time, some of you act like your some kind of saint, & can not be pushed into anything. I say BS. you all would of likely done very much like I did, or worse.

Sorry dousan but I call them as I see um. & NO your a joke, you fool yourself to thinking you are superior as this statement would suggest. One day you'll too be in a situation, & I personally hope you are treated just like you like deserve. This is not a complement.

You sir need to be schooled that real life isn't all roses, maybe you've been lucky, or silver spooned Idk, but clearly you are bias, & just like schmoozing to gain some notoriety from you fellow CG's, so nice going there.

Now your a hero !
Old 10-21-2017, 12:46 PM

I'm in Orange County.
Nearly in similar situations on a weekly basis. with and without the kids in the back seat of the car. baited by people who tailgate me in the carpool lane, cut over double double yellow lanes and dip in and out of traffic like they have the cure for cancer in the trunk.

Let it go.
I've pulled over to let poeple pass, im not risking my life and fall into their trap. i'll go farther down the road to do a protected left turn (signal) instead of the unprotected one when i got the kids in the back seat to avoid incident. I take a second or tw longer to cross an intersection to wait for the red light runners (which happens with out exaggeration daily when i was driving to aliso viejo on a regular basis). Why put myself in a situation when it could avoided by using my head and maybe cost me an extra 2 mins to arrive alive than a lifetime of regret.

you're a hot head who doesn't listen. its proven in this thread. you don't like the replies you're getting and so everyone is a lefty liberal.

your next step should be picking out grammatical problems of the replies.

im 38 (licensed since 17 y/o). 1 accident in my life (my fault, small fender bender). sure its not a record for no accidents, but i do my best to avoid situations would could have been avoided by keeping my cool and maybe taking a bit longer to arrive somewhere.

best of luck. get that temper under control.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, OP....take a chill pill. In these kind of situations, avoidance is the best policy. Pull over as far as you can, let her go around. If you have to, drive to a street where you can pull over, so be it. It's better than the situation escalating into hit and run or worse.

You were given advice that you asked for and you don't like it?

What did you want?
Old 10-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Calguns Addict

^^^Something down the middle

You all blind sided me with the left attitude. not expected on a Right leaning forum to such an extreme.

Have a new disrespect for many now, thanks.

In case you missed it NO DAMN PLACE TO DO THIS MYSTICAL PULL OVER.
Old 10-21-2017, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

It is inappropriate to come to the LEO forum requesting a review and response only to attack the specific people who gave you their review because it's not what you wanted to hear.

If you were issued a CCW, this behavior (incident and response here) is a good indicator for your IA to revoke your permit.

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 10-21-2017, 1:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
^^^Something down the middle

You all blind sided me with the left attitude. not expected on a Right leaning forum to such an extreme.

Have a new disrespect for many now, thanks.

In case you missed it NO DAMN PLACE TO DO THIS MYSTICAL PULL OVER.
My point is if you can't pull over and you felt that threatened, go to to a street that is larger where you can pull over.

You want to deescalate the situation. Not allow it to continue. Even if it means YOU have to go out of your way to do so.

Also, how does any of the answers you got, determine if we are to the left or the right?

Last edited by ARDude; 10-21-2017 at 1:12 PM..
Old 10-21-2017, 1:07 PM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

OP you are wrong not all of us would have done the same. Not driving like a jerk does not mean we are acting like saints. It means we are acting like mature adults.

OP please do not consider a CCW. This was the complete opposite of descalation. Just because an action is passive aggressive doesnt mean it is de escalation.

Based on your response to everyone so far I think it is safe to say there were two people with hot tempers on the road that day.

Last edited by creampuff; 10-21-2017 at 1:10 PM..
Old 10-21-2017, 1:36 PM
Calguns Addict

^^^So what your saying is slowing down to avoid hitting a merged vehicle is driving like a jerk ? well ok then that's what I was if this is your reasoning.

If you think hitting a merging vehicle is more important that slowing a lose cannon crazy tailgater then, then maybe your on to something.

There will be no winners only losers today on this topic.

As far a CCW I'am a permitted carrier, & this was the last thing on my mind, so again kutos to you fro that stellar insight.
Old 10-21-2017, 2:00 PM

Quote:
^^^So what your saying is slowing down to avoid hitting a merged vehicle is driving like a jerk ? well ok then that's what I was if this is your reasoning.

If you think hitting a merging vehicle is more important that slowing a lose cannon crazy tailgater then, then maybe your on to something.

There will be no winners only losers today on this topic.

As far a CCW I'am a permitted carrier, & this was the last thing on my mind, so again kutos to you fro that stellar insight.
Let me getvthe straight, you have a CCW and practice passive aggressive escalation instead of deescalation. Man I hope you IA is on here reading this.
Old 10-21-2017, 2:15 PM
Calguns Addict

An I'll say one more time.

We lose in CA because we see only one way, the way that's in our own head, this will never change (obviously), some of you think you know the facts, but closed your mind to any possibility that you MAY BE WRONG or a little off base because you really don't know shat ! but believe you do. your answers don't all exactly line up with what happened, but tell yourself this is so. black N white you have NO color.

I see Sacramento likely knows all to well how easily we are divided, as proven here today.

Kind of like shooting ducks in a barrel.

So thank you one an all, you sirs are awesome !

See you at the CA firearm turn in, in the not too distant future, as would seem to be inevitable by the open mindedness of the crowd on a forum to bring those together, but for some reason, can't really seem to quite do that.

But on the plus side, you got your digs, closed you mind, and set to motion your view, and made brownie points with others to come together only to fall apart. Real nice going there.

Not one here said maybe I'm wrong ? as I wasn't there, & could be just as you said, this was not the case, you introduced conjecture and personal bias to this, the one sided view, an on a roll you went, no second guessing yourself, nothing, just a blowhard know it all attitude. I guess it was to be expected, but for some reason I hold out hope for the CG crowd, won't make that mistake again.

FYI: you could (likely) be wrong, but you'll likely never admit it to your friends & maybe not even yourself, but you will know !

Have a great day.
Old 10-21-2017, 2:19 PM

Quote:
An I'll say one more time.

We lose in CA because we see only one way, the way that's in our own head, this will never change (obviously), some of you think you know the facts, but closed your mind to any possibility that you MAY BE WRONG or a little off base because you really don't know shat ! but believe you do. your answers don't all exactly line up with what happened, but tell yourself this is so. black N white you have NO color.

I see Sacramento likely knows all to well how easily we are divided, as proven here today.

Kind of like shooting ducks in a barrel.

So thank you one an all, you sirs are awesome !

See you at the CA firearm turn in, in the not too distant future, as would seem to be inevitable by the open mindedness of the crowd on a forum to bring those together, but for some reason, can't really seem to quite do that.

But on the plus side, you got your digs, closed you mind, and set to motion your view, and made brownie points with others to come together only to fall apart. Real nice going there.

Not one here said maybe I'm wrong ? as I wasn't there, & could be just as you said, this was not the case, you introduced conjecture and personal bias to this, the one sided view, an on a roll you went, no second guessing yourself, nothing, just a blowhard know it all attitude. I guess it was to be expected, but for some reason I hold out hope for the CG crowd, won't make that mistake again.

FYI: you could (likely) be wrong, but you'll likely never admit it to your friends & maybe not even yourself, but you will know !

Have a great day.
All the same goes right back to you as well congrats.
Old 10-21-2017, 2:22 PM
Veteran Member

Wow Dano, calm down. Most people here are making reasonable observations, and you're attacking them because it's not the confirmation you wanted.

#1 - you were being passive aggressive. There are a lot of unhinged people out there, why goad them for no reason. Put the Ego aside, let them rage somewhere else at someone else.

#2 - there is always somewhere to pull over; shoulder, bike lane, driveway, right roadway edge and wave the driver past you, etc. It's not your place to teach a lesson. See #1.

#3 - Thats a whole lot of drama for an infraction, and tailgating is nothing more than an infraction. And if a LEO saw what you described, the other driver would get a ticket, or a stern warning, and not your choice which.

#4 - there's is always another side to the story, so a smart man would take every tale with a grain of salt. Don't get offended when others aren't outraged by your tale of offended dignity
Old 10-21-2017, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

C'mon guys he came here looking for a safe space and you're not cutting him any slack.
Old 10-21-2017, 2:31 PM
Calguns Addict

1. Slowing down = passive aggressive

2. if there were someplace that I would not start a chain reaction don't you think i would of done it ?

3. this is about all I wanted to know, (nothing more than infraction) but folk slipped it sideways.

4. There was no two sides with this crowd, just a mind set.

Wish it could of turned out different, but I guess some see this as as an opportunity to show true colors, & poke the bear.

Have a nice day !
Old 10-21-2017, 2:38 PM
Love God Love People
CGN Contributor

P5Ret nailed it, agree 100% and Mr Dano youse gots a lots to learns bout life eh buddy?
Old 10-21-2017, 2:41 PM

Sounds to me like you got into a d|ck measuring contest and lost. To a woman. Better luck next time.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
― Isaac Asimov

Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has.
~Martin Luther
Old 10-21-2017, 2:45 PM

You made a bad situation worse, on the road and here in this thread. Keep it up, maybe someday you will learn the error of your ways.
Old 10-21-2017, 2:53 PM

dammit, I can't find the Ignore button?!
Old 10-21-2017, 2:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Oh I did, I learned to not share any stories with the CG members unless it is.

1. firearms related

2. firearms related

3. ditto

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Closed Thread