Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 08-30-2018, 9:20 AM

Smile It's time for another BELLY BAND thread!

I found some older threads (but you get yelled at for bringing up old ones)... plus maybe there are new products?

What's the best belly band for a female?

I have tier 1's for 2 of my guns... but I'm a HUGE fan of yoga pants... which means I need a belly band vs the kind that attach to a belt.

(I don't want the yoga pants that already have a built in holster... I have a ton of yoga pants already that I want to continue to wear once the weather cools off.)
Old 08-30-2018, 9:32 AM

Not female but I use a Smart Carry everyday. https://www.smartcarry.com/
Old 08-30-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoRob View Post
That is interesting. Although I wonder how it will look on a female since it appears to wear lower on the body.... I don't want to look like I'm a guy in drag.....

(But then, on the other hand, I wonder about true belly bands riding up and out of my pants.....)

The 60 day trial is a nice feature.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_toaster View Post
That is interesting. Although I wonder how it will look on a female since it appears to wear lower on the body.... I don't want to look like I'm a guy in drag.....

(But then, on the other hand, I wonder about true belly bands riding up and out of my pants.....)

It depends on gun since Smart Carry is more fitted than it's copies but still looks wrong in yoga pants which are tight by design. Get's lumpy. With yoga pants the woman's build around the hips and tummy as well as the type of blouse most often worn impact the type of weapon and position in both key axis that can be used.

Smart carry can work with a skirt.
Old 03-28-2019, 8:53 AM

Quote:

I haven't been able to master the belly band for waist carry, but I can use it up a bit higher. I've been practicing drawing from that position though, and it's still really awkward. What i like about the crossbreed modular bellyband, is that I can velcro that holster in at any cant I like. So I have a lot more experimenting to do.
Old 03-28-2019, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoRob View Post
It doesn't matter what I put in my smart carry holster, it looks like I suddenly grew a penis. Women aren't supposed to have that bulge up front.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Disappointed.....I was expecting videos of fat old guys slapping out rhythms on their bellies.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur
Old 08-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I found some older threads (but you get yelled at for bringing up old ones)... plus maybe there are new products?

What's the best belly band for a female?

I have tier 1's for 2 of my guns... but I'm a HUGE fan of yoga pants... which means I need a belly band vs the kind that attach to a belt.

(I don't want the yoga pants that already have a built in holster... I have a ton of yoga pants already that I want to continue to wear once the weather cools off.)
That depends on if you want a standard belly band, have experience and want custom layout, gun, spare mags, phone holder etc. Depends on if you have a specific width that works best for you 4" vs 6"? Do you want moisture wicking lining, do you want lace or no lace, black, white, or some other color? What is your price point. A basic black belly band that works well will cost your $18.99 plus shipping, a custom band can set you back as much as $85 plus shipping. Typically we recommend the basic for most civilians. For professionals, Gang Task force, FBI, VIP security we build out to suit mission and taste.
Indication is you have experience with a belly band, the question then is what do you like about your current belly band, what don't you like about your current belly band, and what do you want different from what you currently have? All features can be customized it's a function of cost and really knowing what you want because personalized units take time and are non returnable.

Of course if you regularly workout do you need more than one to allow for laundering.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:11 PM

No experience with a belly band. Just been looking at them.

I would rarely wear a dress/skirt, that I can think of while carrying. It would mostly be casual/leisure... YOGA PANTS in cooler weather. I'm all about casual and COMFORTABLE!

I've looked at the can can, but haven't pulled the proverbial trigger because they are expensive for trying out.

I've also looked at a couple of inexpensive ones on amazon, but worry I won't get the true idea since they are cheaper (that whole you get what you pay for syndrome).
Old 08-30-2018, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No experience with a belly band. Just been looking at them.

I would rarely wear a dress/skirt, that I can think of while carrying. It would mostly be casual/leisure... YOGA PANTS in cooler weather. I'm all about casual and COMFORTABLE!

I've looked at the can can, but haven't pulled the proverbial trigger because they are expensive for trying out.

I've also looked at a couple of inexpensive ones on amazon, but worry I won't get the true idea since they are cheaper (that whole you get what you pay for syndrome).
Well your welcome to call and discuss (949) 528-7385, your don't have to buy from me to get a consultation. On Friday I will be on the golf course much of the day so wont answer the phone aft 12pm

If you want to PM me a pant's size I can recommend a fit form our basic line.

Were around your waist do you plan to carry the gun? What type of gun? Spare mags?

Can Can is a well made product, but remember lace is high maintenance. Regardless if a belly band says machine wash or not, you will get much more life out of it if you hand wash air dry. If you machine wash the industrial Velcro you depend on for good fit will find every sock you have ever lost, and all the lint from your towels for good measure.

I recommend starting with a basic belly band first, see if you like the fit and features before investing in a more expensive and perhaps high maintenance version. if you are going to wear it daily it's a garment that will need to be washed, and you will need three on average. (My nurse customers, usually have five) The beginner can become one for the multiples in the rotation. https://packinfurdefense.com/t/belly...olster-systems Use Calguns10 for a 10% discount.

Last edited by grantar2; 08-30-2018 at 11:15 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Well your welcome to call and discuss (949) 528-7385, your don't have to buy from me to get a consultation. On Friday I will be on the golf course much of the day so wont answer the phone aft 12pm

If you want to PM me a pant's size I can recommend a fit form our basic line.

Were around your waist do you plan to carry the gun? What type of gun? Spare mags?

Can Can is a well made product, but remember lace is high maintenance. Regardless if a belly band says machine wash or not, you will get much more life out of it if you hand wash air dry. If you machine wash the industrial Velcro you depend on for good fit will find every sock you have ever lost, and all the lint from your towels for good measure.

I recommend starting with a basic belly band first, see if you like the fit and features before investing in a more expensive and perhaps high maintenance version. if you are going to wear it daily it's a garment that will need to be washed, and you will need three on average. (My nurse customers, usually have five) The beginner can become one for the multiples in the rotation. https://packinfurdefense.com/t/belly...olster-systems Use Calguns10 for a 10% discount.
I'm goin to have to give you a call and talk to you about the ones you offer or can get. I ordered one off amazon before I saw your post and it's not very good. I tried it a couple of times at the range and it's comfortable... so that's good! It is hot but doable. (I assume it won't be so bad when it's not a 100 degrees outside)

However, it has a piece of elastic that comes over the gun to hold it in... GREAT... uhm.... except you can't draw it fast. Bad guy's gonna be on me before I can get the gun out of that thing... pull shirt, push down pants enough to get to the clip, unclip the piece of elastic, pull gun out... NO... just no! ugh!

I need something that is comfy but secure but that also allows quick access like a kydex type clip in holster!
Old 08-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Crossbreed makes a decent product. Their version of the belly band comes with a kydex insert that offers much greater trigger protection than most regular belly bands.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/h...d-package.html

Fighter Pilot
Old 09-17-2018, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
Crossbreed makes a decent product. Their version of the belly band comes with a kydex insert that offers much greater trigger protection than most regular belly bands.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/h...d-package.html
They don't make one for one of my main guns.

(CZ P-01)

Last edited by pink_toaster; 09-17-2018 at 8:01 AM..
Old 09-17-2018, 1:37 PM

Have you heard of the Flashbang holster? Might be worth taking a look at, but I think you would want a fairly light pistol. Not sure of the weight on your CZ but they show you in their product video how to 'test' if it would be a good option for your firearm. It's looks like a great carry method for something like a small .380 or pocket revolver

https://www.flashbangstore.com/produ...shbang-holster
Old 09-17-2018, 2:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Wife and sister both like this one, which I originally bought because the price was right. Neither my wife or sister would be called Petite.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 09-17-2018, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Wife and sister both like this one, which I originally bought because the price was right. Neither my wife or sister would be called Petite.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That one has the same elastic snap thing... maybe I just wear mine lower so it won't work for me? I have it low in my hips so that the band is covered by my shorts/yoga pants. so the snap that is holding the gun secure is actually down inside my pants. Makes it too much to get the gun out (lift shirt, push down pants enough to get to snap, unsnap, pull gun....)
Old 09-17-2018, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSideburns View Post
Have you heard of the Flashbang holster? Might be worth taking a look at, but I think you would want a fairly light pistol. Not sure of the weight on your CZ but they show you in their product video how to 'test' if it would be a good option for your firearm. It's looks like a great carry method for something like a small .380 or pocket revolver

I've heard of them, but never really considered them.... i've been more interested in appendix... just wanted something for yoga pants! can't live without my yoga pants in the winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i mean... comeon... it's socal... it's yoga pants and Uggs! and in the summer it's shorts tank tops and sandals!)
Old 09-17-2018, 2:34 PM

OK.... so I went back to look at the pictures on Amazon... maybe i'm wearing it too low? it looks like most all the pictures have the snap of the retention strap above their waistband.... i'll have to try it on and see if it annoys me having it that high.... i don't like stuff on my actual waist.... all my shorts sit low (but i have my Tier 1 for anything i can wear a belt with) but even my yoga pants all ride lower... below my waist... Not sure if they are low enough to have the snap above the waistband so that i'd actually wear one.
Old 09-17-2018, 5:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for posting this! Some of those look like they might actually work for me. I’ve been disappointed by every single “one size fits most” product I’ve ever tried. I generally advise against them; it usually ends up being a waste of $20-40.
Old 09-17-2018, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSideburns View Post

Bought a Flashbang Holster (not bellyband) and returned it immediately.
The Kydex was separating from the leather right out of the package. Never even put my gun in it.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 09-17-2018, 6:22 PM

I use a belly band from Daltech. Pretty happy with it for my Glock 19.
DALTECH

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 09-18-2018, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Bought a Flashbang Holster (not bellyband) and returned it immediately.
The Kydex was separating from the leather right out of the package. Never even put my gun in it.
That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy (and neither do a lot of the reviews I've found about other issues with the gun falling out, etc!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
I use a belly band from Daltech. Pretty happy with it for my Glock 19.
DALTECH
well dangnabit... that one has an elastic strip, too (although it velcros rather than snaps. the guy in the pic has his WAY higher than I would be comfortable wearing one! I'm beginning to think either (a) no bellyband for me or (2) maybe the crossbreed one for at least one of my guns since they don't have it for choice #2.
Old 11-20-2018, 1:04 PM

I use the cancan classic hiphugger and like it. It is comfortable and does protect the trigger. Retention is good. You will need some dry fire practice to get used to the draw. It will be generally slower than kydex since it will be against your skin. I put a spare mag and asp palm defender in the left appendix pocket. I prefer the appensix position over kidney because I find that, in the kidney position, the muzzle digs in to my butt. I still use this position occasionally as needed. I am able to run and bike ride while carrying without trouble.
I do like the idea of the crossbreed with the kydex. I saw that that isn't an option for yoyr firearm. Even though I have had some interest in that product, I am willing to bet that the cancan product is much nicer. The hiphugger is shaped for a female, has silicone strips at top and bottom, will conceal better, and is less bulky.
Old 01-16-2019, 4:01 PM

You might try this website. They sell several bellybands as well as other holsters, etc. https://thewellarmedwoman.com/shop/
Old 02-21-2019, 6:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a crossbreed bellyband. Mostly like that it has the kydex trigger guard coverage. They seem to keep adding to their inventory so it may be worth checking back every so often. They are also very responsive and helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 9:11 AM

This is what I'm using now, and it's going well. It's ComfortTac.

I can wear it low or high, sometimes under my breast, other times low on my hips. I wear it so that the snap is just above the waist of my pants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52448002_583115698829860_7882485377347354624_n.jpg (94.1 KB, 53 views)
Old 02-22-2019, 9:12 AM

I also have a crossbreed, but it's such a pain in the butt to put on that I don't use it much.
Old 03-28-2019, 8:55 AM

Notice, as the weather changes and my clothing options change I seem to be changing my opinions, lol.