Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius38 View Post
Ok so it looks like I got a little egg all over my face.
The important point is you are man enough to admit it!!! Thanks for the info! I'll place my order shortly.
Old 08-16-2011, 1:13 PM
Veteran Member

Give you fair market used price for it!
Old 08-16-2011, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius38 View Post
Hell! I got one I got from Botach sitting on my desk. I was going to RMA it back to them. Hell I'll sell it to you and save me the shipping to them! : )
Having buyer's remorse already or do you not like the reduced warranty period? I already got a shipment confirmation so I can't cancel the order now.
Old 08-16-2011, 1:38 PM

Hey guys,

We've been an Aimpoint vendor for years and this is the first time we've heard about a discrepancy in warrantys because of professional vs. commercial products. We have never been given any indication that there was a difference in all the years we've worked with Aimpoint. The fact that we're no longer authorized shouldn't affect all of the Aimpoint items that we had already purchased while authorized. We've sent them a message to clarify so we're waiting to hear back.

Just to let you know, the only reason we were cut off from Aimpoint is because they didn't like us selling these items (M4, T1, PRO) at the prices we're selling them at. We're not breaking MAP, but between Aimpoint and our competitors, they felt as if our prices were way too low and eating into their business.

In over 15 years of being in business, our shipping and customer service has been criticized a lot... some warranted, some not. As said on other threads on this forum, we have worked very hard to improve our areas that are lacking. Sometimes problems still happen, however we are a far different company than we were, even 6 months ago. The one thing that has never been an issue is the authenticity and quality of the items that we sell.

Once Aimpoint lets us know about the warranty issue, I'll follow up.

As always, if you have an issue and need assistance, email me directly at mike@botach.com and I'm happy to assist.

Regards,
Mike
mike@botach.com
Old 08-16-2011, 3:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Ah yes... price back up to the normal $700+

Anyone want to buy an unused aimpoint m4 with 2 year warranty for $600?
Old 08-16-2011, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Dave View Post
Ah yes... price back up to the normal $700+

Anyone want to buy an unused aimpoint m4 with 2 year warranty for $600?
$625 for one in an unopened boxed

Last edited by Kestryll; 08-25-2011 at 5:32 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 4:46 PM
Veteran Member

Are the warranties valid from date of the sale in the states or when the jordanians bought them?
Old 08-16-2011, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

My guess would be date of sale in the states since we get receipts that show proof of purchase to Aimpoint.
Old 08-16-2011, 7:47 PM
Veteran Member

My concern is when aimpoint knows these were sold previously already, then we are not the original purchasers and it wouldn't be like we bought them new. Botach is reselling military surplus great which might not be considered new for warranty purposes.
Old 08-17-2011, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
My concern is when aimpoint knows these were sold previously already, then we are not the original purchasers and it wouldn't be like we bought them new. Botach is reselling military surplus great which might not be considered new for warranty purposes.
Notorious, this is our concern too. We haven't heard back from Aimpoint yet but I'll report back once we do.

Mike
Old 08-19-2011, 8:53 AM

This is just my 2 cents on this matter. I have 2 comp m4 sights one which was bought using this deal from Botach, one which I bought about 2 years ago from a Aimpoint factory rep. I will be the first to tell you that they are Identical! I also think that the info previously stated from most partys is true negitive and positive. That being said I think these were never mounted to a rifle they most likly sat in a storage facility and were never used. I due think that this info should have been declared by Botach, for warranty isues ect. It is my personal opion with these type of sighs (Higher end) If it works for the first weeks/ shooting sessions that optic will not fail unless droped or other wise damaged! I have went out shooting twice with this sight, I have it monted on a 7.62x39 m4 out of the box it was hitting the 100 yard steel target and after about 10 rounds I had it sighted in at 100 yards. I still Think this was a good deal for a quality optic, If I was unhappy with the product I beleave I could still sell it for a profit! I think people take bigger chances buying certain products from a gun show. This is all just my 2 cents so take it for what you like.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@botach View Post
Notorious, this is our concern too. We haven't heard back from Aimpoint yet but I'll report back once we do.

Mike
Thanks, Mike!

Btw, I just took advantage of your GoPro sale and threw in everything else I needed. One item was out of stock in the color I want. I got an immediate email notifying me and asked if I wanted another color. I said no, just send the order without. I got the order in two days.

Before that, I just drove down and picked up all the stuff in person before you did the shipping.
Old 08-20-2011, 3:45 PM

What happened to this deal? I went on their site to see it the next day and you can't even add it to the cart anymore.
Old 08-20-2011, 7:39 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm confused... so basically they sold used products as new and misrepresented the warranty? Does the same apply with their deal on the Aimpoint 3x for $350?
Old 08-22-2011, 9:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Ok I got a PM from mike at botach. The warranty is a 2 year warranty honored by aimpoint. That's it. It is not a "used" sight being sold as new.

Thanks Mike, really appreciate the pm. Ordered an Aimpoint 3x to go with the red dot today.
Old 08-22-2011, 1:50 PM
Calguns Addict

I just sent aimpoint an email with my serial number and asked if it had a warranty. Will update soon as I get a reponse.
Old 08-23-2011, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Ok I got a PM from mike at botach. The warranty is a 2 year warranty honored by aimpoint. That's it. It is not a "used" sight being sold as new.

Thanks Mike, really appreciate the pm. Ordered an Aimpoint 3x to go with the red dot today.

I spoke with Aimpoint by phone 2 days ago and yes these are covered by a 2 year warranty. The 2 year period starts from the date they were sold to the country of Jordan.
Old 08-23-2011, 6:33 PM
Calguns Addict

And when were they sold to the country of Jordan?
Old 08-23-2011, 7:18 PM
Veteran Member

Never saw anything on them adds saying prodcut was not nib... /shrug shady bra......

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 08-24-2011, 2:30 AM

Just ordered a couple of the Aimpoint 3X Mag's from them... I'd like to get an M4 or two also... That is a $499 one!
Old 08-24-2011, 7:49 AM

Does this fall under false advertising....
Old 08-24-2011, 9:26 AM

Quote:
And when were they sold to the country of Jordan?
The rep did not know. According to him these m4 s were ordered directly from aimpoint sweden and never went thru the US distributor. Maybe botach can answer this? These may be unopened products but the rep explained to me that since they were sold to an initial user and then resold, Aimpoint would consider these used items.
Old 08-24-2011, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

The products are factually nib. Legally, and under business convention, they are second hand by virtue of havin been sold to an ultimate end user.
Old 08-24-2011, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

The original assertion was that these were bought by the jordanians and then stored away without using them. If they took some out to test and play with, then those would not be factually new.

However, if you bought it and stored it in the box then sold it later, that is nib, at least the same way we use it here, even on this forum, no?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member

Well, a gun and a car in that same situation certainly would not be sold the same way. Right?

The car would be listed as showroom condition, like new, etc.

The gun would be listed as nib.

Conventions for their respective markets dictate what you do when you are the seller.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Hey guys -

Aimpoint has yet to respond to our numerous inquiries about the warranty issue. While it could be disconcerning how long the Jordanians had these for, keep in mind that we don't even know how long these sit in Aimpoint's warehouse prior to initial shipment. It's not like a carton of milk where there's an expiration date. One thing is for certain, if these were used in any way then we would not have purchased them. None of these sights are preused and if yours shows up with a dead battery, just let us know and we'll replace the battery.

At the end of the day, you need to spend your hard earned money where you feel most comfortable. It's unfortunate that this situation has happened. Just keep in mind that while there may be discussions and questions surrounding the way we operate, the one thing that has never been questioned is the integrity of our items. We only sell top quality, brand new merchandise and we like any company with any item they sell, if they're defective we'll take care of it, per our return policy.

Best Regards,
Mike
mike@botach.com
Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32blownhemi View Post
Just ordered a couple of the Aimpoint 3X Mag's from them... I'd like to get an M4 or two also... That is a $499 one!
I ordered two of the 3X Mag's @ 3 am on Wed. morning the 24th. of Aug... I got them on the afternoon of the Aug. 25th! I got 'em 36 hours after I ordered them! I think they personally drove them up to me & put 'em on my porch!!! Bill
Old 08-26-2011, 12:42 PM

FYI:

Just got a follow up email from AP on the warranty question on the $499 M4 s. They are not covered under warranty. Text of email:

Aimpoint policy is as follows:

Aimpoint guarantees its products to be free from original manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years for professional or competition use and 10 years for personal use from the date of purchase.

Personal use shall mean: use of the sight in a way that implies less exposure than professional use.

Professional or frequent competition use shall mean: daily or highly frequent use of the sight in professional activities (military or law enforcement) or under conditions that could be compared to as professional.

The warranty is valid provided that the sight has not been misused,disassembled or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to disassemble or repair the product will void the warranty.

The warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.

Any warranty claim must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt showing date of purchase.

Botach Tactical used to be an Aimpoint dealer but no longer is. The Comp M4 optic they are selling was not purchased directly from Aimpoint and therefore would not be covered under Aimpoint warranty.
Old 08-26-2011, 4:25 PM
Veteran Member

That sux. Anyone heard of an aimpoint breaking though?
Old 08-30-2011, 4:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Sure I've heard of aimpoints breaking... but I've only broken an Eotech myself.

Last edited by HK Dave; 02-22-2012 at 1:47 PM..