Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 05-20-2018, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
I am with Glick 17 9mm since 1994. Gen2/3/4/5 . Carry G19 off duty. In the last few days I got to shoot M&P 2.0 compact 9mm. Like it very much. Very easy to shoot fast and accurately. Fired about 600 rounds through it last week. ZERO problems . Will be getting one for sure. What common problems did people experience with M&P 2.0 9mm? I would like to know before I buy one.
M&P is a great gun, most of the teething problems were worked out and the 2.0 models are a very refined system. I was training at wayside last week and the training Deputies were running 9mm 2.0 models and noted no complaints when asked.
Old 05-20-2018, 6:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde View Post
M&P is a great gun, most of the teething problems were worked out and the 2.0 models are a very refined system. I was training at wayside last week and the training Deputies were running 9mm 2.0 models and noted no complaints when asked.
I will be getting a 2.0 Compact 9mm. Like that gun a lot.
Old 05-23-2018, 8:28 AM

Anyone see the M2.0 5 inch no thumb safety no chamber loaded indicator? Looks like a sweet shooter... anyone shoot one compared to a full size
Old 05-23-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacopsDep417 View Post
Anyone see the M2.0 5 inch no thumb safety no chamber loaded indicator? Looks like a sweet shooter... anyone shoot one compared to a full size
Shot the 5" with the thumb safety and the recoil is very minimal. I still like my issued Glock 17 but thats only because I have the most trigger time with it compared to the m&p series.

My CZ75B shoots flatter than my Glock 17 though
Old 06-02-2018, 7:24 AM

SocalDep is very spot on with what he is saying. I would agree with him and would say that all the M&Ps that I have owned have ran like a champ. The only times I had a a malfunction was due to Dirty magazine which I ran it through hell during training and practice. I ran easily several thousand rounds dropping empty my magazines in mud, dirt, rocks, puddles during reloading or tactical reloading. So the M&P was not the problem rather than I never cleaned my magazines or the fact that at that time when frog lube was the new hotness I over lubed and it gunked up my firing pin. SocalDep has a lot of training knowledge and experience. I think the M&P is a awesome weapon especially the M2.0. The issues I’m hearing about the M&Ps were not due to the gun rather than user error of the individuals or mishandling of the M&P by the individual.
Old 06-03-2018, 9:08 AM

Default BC open???

I thought BC range was closed?! That's what I was told by one of our officers who is a tac up there.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
--Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899
Old 06-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
CHP now issues the M&P40.
Chippies and their 40 cals.....
Old 06-03-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde View Post
I agree the 2.0 is a great gun. I would still hesitate giving up my glock gen3 21sf though. Its never failed me
Old 06-03-2018, 10:52 AM

The G21 is a great gun. I have a 21SF (Gen3) and it’s milder to shoot than my 19s and very accurate. It’s big boned, but a fantastic gun!
Old 06-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
The G21 is a great gun. I have a 21SF (Gen3) and it’s milder to shoot than my 19s and very accurate. It’s big boned, but a fantastic gun!
Agreed. And since I just changed out all the springs, its got plenty of life left in it. They've offered me a new gen 4 several times, but I don't like the way the gen 4 21 fits my hand. I know glocks are not the end all be all of firearms, but mine goes bang every time and I trust it with my life.
Old 06-03-2018, 5:16 PM

Quote:
I offered to talk to you face to face - or on the phone, or via email. You’d rather have an anonymous and public internet battle. You’re an idiot and quite frankly a wimp. You think it’s cool to have this battle here but refuse to talk face to face or in official correspondence to discuss the issue. Anyone else who wants an explanation or to talk or whatever is welcome to PM me and I’m more than willing to talk about it, which is more than I can say for our friend here... I’m always available, unlike those who always seem to be down “due to weather”.
Again, I have no desire to talk to you. I’ve already gave you my opinion about the POS M&P and so have you. Again, I point out that you claim to like the gun itself, yet you carry something else.

Second, you and I have already PM’d each other about this subject and I already gave you a name of a fellow co worker of ours that I take his expertise and opinion on the subject matter to be iron clad. Personally, I don’t think you would even come close to his level of experience, training and real life encounters with weapons handling, nor even combat. I’ll take his opinion on the subject matter over yours any day. ‘Nuff said there.

So, it is what it is. Name calling because you are frustrated....Ha, you made my day. Now that’s class.

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 06-03-2018, 5:47 PM

I love my M&P 2.0, it's easily my favorite gun I own. P10c is a close 2nd but the 2.0 is the one Ii grab every range trip no matter what.

OC Swat has Agency Arms M&P 2.0's issued now too. I would love a chance to shoot one of those.

WTB
Browning BLR 30-06**
P10F**
P10S**

Last edited by etwinam; 06-03-2018 at 7:34 PM..
Old 06-03-2018, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
Again, I have no desire to talk to you. I’ve already gave you my opinion about the POS M&P and so have you. Again, I point out that you claim to like the gun itself, yet you carry something else.

Second, you and I have already PM’d each other about this subject and I already gave you a name of a fellow co worker of ours that I take his expertise and opinion on the subject matter to be iron clad. Personally, I don’t think you would even come close to his level of experience, training and real life encounters with weapons handling, nor even combat. I’ll take his opinion on the subject matter over yours any day. ‘Nuff said there.

So, it is what it is. Name calling because you are frustrated....Ha, you made my day. Now that’s class.
Yet you respond to my post two weeks later... Still won't talk in person. Still won't talk through department channels. Still basing your entire opinion on another person. I could discuss why that person's opinion is very...very... far from iron clad, but if you or he would like you can do that in person through department channels. You know where I am.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Yet you respond to my post two weeks later... Still won't talk in person. Still won't talk through department channels. Still basing your entire opinion on another person. I could discuss why that person's opinion is very...very... far from iron clad, but if you or he would like you can do that in person through department channels. You know where I am.
Was it only “two weeks?” Wow, I’m surprised I responded back so quickly.

“Talk” to you? Lol, why???

I have no interest in things I have no interest in.

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 06-07-2018, 12:33 PM

Mom and dad are fighting...mom and dad are fighting!
Old 06-07-2018, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post
Mom and dad are fighting...mom and dad are fighting!
Indeed. Point taken.
Old 06-07-2018, 7:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Boys, play nice.....

LASD Retired
1978-2011

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Old 06-08-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
M&P is a horrible weapon, but Weapons Trainng swears by it. Now we have to have the guns “tested” by means of a trigger pull with a “finger” at the tip of the trigger itself. Numerous M&P’s have failed out of the box with LASD, by not going BANG when they are supposed to.

No thanks. I’ll stick with an old Beretta or a Glock. They can keep the boat anchor. S&W has never made any reliable semi autos from day one. Remember the POS “Sigma” series? Those are where nightmares come from. Then they had their “3rd gen” series which were either “acceptable” for some, yet a complete failure for a large amount of owners. No wonder they don’t make those guns anymore. Now, S&W doesn’t even make replacement parts for those 3rd gen models.

Just my opinion. You get what you pay for.
Well, I would have to disagree! I started in 1974 in a medium sized department (200 personnel) retired in 2011. when I started I was issued a Model 59 carried that for 14 years and never had a problem, nor did any of the officers, I would know this as I was part of the range staff. Then we went to the 659 (low point in S&W history - if I recall a British company owned them for awhile) - we cracked over a dozen frames, which Smith did replace.
Moved on to the 3rd gen with the 5906,5903, 4566, 4563, 4006, 4003, 3913, and 4013. all performed really. Would have stayed with the Smith except for their ending of production. We moved on to the Glock, very - very efficient weapon - but they have no soul! Could be I am old and don't really like plastic (oh i'm sorry polymer) guns.........
Old 06-08-2018, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterp7 View Post
Well, I would have to disagree! I started in 1974 in a medium sized department (200 personnel) retired in 2011. when I started I was issued a Model 59 carried that for 14 years and never had a problem, nor did any of the officers, I would know this as I was part of the range staff. Then we went to the 659 (low point in S&W history - if I recall a British company owned them for awhile) - we cracked over a dozen frames, which Smith did replace.
Moved on to the 3rd gen with the 5906,5903, 4566, 4563, 4006, 4003, 3913, and 4013. all performed really. Would have stayed with the Smith except for their ending of production. We moved on to the Glock, very - very efficient weapon - but they have no soul! Could be I am old and don't really like plastic (oh i'm sorry polymer) guns.........
I've always liked the S&W 3rd gen guns. I've had several and they've all worked really well. I did have one 3913TSW that needed some factory warranty attention but that fixed things right up. I sold my last three in 2017 because it's impractical and not department approved to convert them to decock-only since S&W no longer supports them. If they still did I never would have sold that 3914. Having owned a 39, 645, 4506, 4566, 3913TSW, 6906, 915, CS45, CS9, 4513TSW, and 3914, I feel pretty confident saying they're quality guns. It's too bad they're going away.

Of course, Glocks are great guns and they do have a soul... it's hidden behind that hard, tenifer coated (except recent production... they're a bit softer...lol) exterior. At they're core, they're big teddy bears just wanting someone to love them and replace their factory sights... and that's about all they need.
Old 06-08-2018, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterp7 View Post
Cool.

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 06-25-2018, 5:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
M&P is a horrible weapon, but Weapons Trainng swears by it. Now we have to have the guns “tested” by means of a trigger pull with a “finger” at the tip of the trigger itself. Numerous M&P’s have failed out of the box with LASD, by not going BANG when they are supposed to.

No thanks. I’ll stick with an old Beretta or a Glock. They can keep the boat anchor. S&W has never made any reliable semi autos from day one. Remember the POS “Sigma” series? Those are where nightmares come from. Then they had their “3rd gen” series which were either “acceptable” for some, yet a complete failure for a large amount of owners. No wonder they don’t make those guns anymore. Now, S&W doesn’t even make replacement parts for those 3rd gen models.

Just my opinion. You get what you pay for.
Cool Story Bro.......I had eggs and yogurt for breakfast.

I remember several departments sending their Gen4 Glocks back to replace exploding recoil springs....mine included..All in service guns had the recoil springs replaced the rest went back to Glock.

Last edited by mjmagee67; 06-25-2018 at 6:00 PM..
Old 07-11-2018, 1:24 AM

No pistol ever made, is expected to be 100% reliable under every condition. Every single pistol manufacturer ever has had issues. Each one of us knows somebody, who knows somebody, who heard something or had personal a bad experience with a certain manufacturer.

With my own personal experience from shooting thousands of rounds through the most common duty pistols made by Glock, Sig, Ruger, Springfield and S&W, Glock's are the least reliable. I've had multiple malfunctions (3 different models) in 3,000 rounds or less or poor quality control. I own one Glock that malfunctioned the first round I tried to chamber, and still malfunctions every 20 rounds or so. Many people have also never had a single malfunction with a Glock pistol. This is not my experience. I still own several Glock's but I will no longer carry the ones that malfunction.

Most importantly, pick the pistol you shoot best, from a manufacturer that has a respectable reputation. The pistol is useless if you can't shoot it well. Maintain the pistol, get some range time, confirm the pistol you own is built well, and you'll be just fine. No manufacturer is immune from the occasional lemon.

The end.

Last edited by 5.56; 07-11-2018 at 1:29 AM..
Old 07-15-2018, 11:06 PM

My chief has her old school Beretta FS.
Old 07-20-2018, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
No pistol ever made, is expected to be 100% reliable under every condition. Every single pistol manufacturer ever has had issues. Each one of us knows somebody, who knows somebody, who heard something or had personal a bad experience with a certain manufacturer.

With my own personal experience from shooting thousands of rounds through the most common duty pistols made by Glock, Sig, Ruger, Springfield and S&W, Glock's are the least reliable. I've had multiple malfunctions (3 different models) in 3,000 rounds or less or poor quality control. I own one Glock that malfunctioned the first round I tried to chamber, and still malfunctions every 20 rounds or so. Many people have also never had a single malfunction with a Glock pistol. This is not my experience. I still own several Glock's but I will no longer carry the ones that malfunction.

Most importantly, pick the pistol you shoot best, from a manufacturer that has a respectable reputation. The pistol is useless if you can't shoot it well. Maintain the pistol, get some range time, confirm the pistol you own is built well, and you'll be just fine. No manufacturer is immune from the occasional lemon.

The end.

Exactly. The make/model is almost immaterial if your skills and maintenance are solid. I’m a decent shot and am issued a mid-90’s Sig P226. Are there newer, cooler guns? You betcha. I know mine well and we take care of one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk