Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Exclamation 10 years ago, today...

I was a junior enlisted US Marine infantry scout, serving in a reconnaissance unit. My fellow Marines and I were part of 1st Marine Division's Regimental Combat Team 5.

I can remember crossing the "line of departure" as the invasion of Iraq began. Roughly 3 weeks later, we were fighting for Baghdad. Little did any of us know what we were getting into at that time...

There are likely many here on CalGuns that were also there, and who also can clearly remember where they were and what they were doing when the invasion of Iraq had begun.

Thankfully though, 10 years later, the conflict is over and done with. But, sadly, now there are many service members, and their families, who are still living with the aftermath of their service in that particular combat theater. So, for the 10th anniversay of the invasion of Iraq, I want to commemorate today and make sure we remember those that were killed in action or were wounded in action during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Fair winds and following seas. Semper Fi! --1911ShooterPhil

Last edited by 1911ShooterPhil; 03-19-2013 at 1:05 PM.. Reason: Better artwork...