Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 10:51 PM

Default Another newbie

Hey all,

Just joined but been lurking a bit. I was going out to Barstow to shoot until I heard about a local place near me (Lake Elsinore). Was already planning on heading out toward the area I've heard about with some bags and rakes just to clean and verify and heard there was a clean up scheduled for this weekend. This prompted me to sign up and add calguns on fb. I've got a lifted 4x4 Jeep WJ and will be out in the area to support. I'll try finding the place and if I do won't post anything about it's location. Unfortunately I work M-F so weekends are my only choice at this point. We'll try checking it out this weekend, but if things are as unsafe/hectic as I've read, I might just drive on.

A little background: Tough to admit, but we are novices. I shoot an AR and my wife has a Springfield XD9 I got her for Mother's day 2 years ago. We're very careful, obey the laws and keep our firearms safe. Planning on just doing clean up and getting us familiar with the area this weekend. Will plan on shooting later.

Enough BS..hope to meet some of you guy/gals in the near future.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron H. View Post
Hey all,

Just joined but been lurking a bit. I was going out to Barstow to shoot until I heard about a local place near me (Lake Elsinore). Was already planning on heading out toward the area I've heard about with some bags and rakes just to clean and verify and heard there was a clean up scheduled for this weekend. This prompted me to sign up and add calguns on fb. I've got a lifted 4x4 Jeep WJ and will be out in the area to support. I'll try finding the place and if I do won't post anything about it's location. Unfortunately I work M-F so weekends are my only choice at this point. We'll try checking it out this weekend, but if things are as unsafe/hectic as I've read, I might just drive on.

A little background: Tough to admit, but we are novices. I shoot an AR and my wife has a Springfield XD9 I got her for Mother's day 2 years ago. We're very careful, obey the laws and keep our firearms safe. Planning on just doing clean up and getting us familiar with the area this weekend. Will plan on shooting later.

Enough BS..hope to meet some of you guy/gals in the near future.
Nothing wrong with being a novice. Welcome to the community. You should definitely consider coming out to our monthly shoot for the IE. You will find the info in a sticky at the top of this forum. It's a great way to meet fellow Calgunners and have some fun shooting.

And props to you for getting involved in the cleanup. We always need more people willing to volunteer and do their part.

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Welcome

IBFP
IBDE
IBSL7

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 11-25-2013, 2:31 PM

You got your wife an XD for Mother's day ?

My kind of family !
Old 11-25-2013, 2:38 PM

Welcome. Nothing wrong with being a novice. I am one myself i think lol