Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 05-16-2015, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

Default Blue Jean Baby

Based on comments from the forum, we took another shot at the Blue Jean Baby - Hybrid Holster, for Colt Pocketlite. Let us know what you think. Were at Del Mar so this is just a quickie photo, but wanted feedback.

Old 05-18-2015, 4:07 PM
Veteran Member

Copper thread didn't work any better than the white, I guess.
Old 05-18-2015, 8:09 PM

I think it looks nice. Though, you already know the black and red is my gig; so, I'm not really the right person to comment on the blue/copper combo.
Old 05-18-2015, 8:55 PM

I LOVE the copper thread. Sign me up!
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:40 AM

I am still confused as to why these holsters need to be "named" - is this a chick thing? Base color/thread color like cars (ext/int) feels more professional to me and gives you more leniency in color deviations, but if it helps you sell more then name away!
Old 05-19-2015, 5:56 PM
Veteran Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Roster View Post
I am still confused as to why these holsters need to be "named" - is this a chick thing? Base color/thread color like cars (ext/int) feels more professional to me and gives you more leniency in color deviations, but if it helps you sell more then name away!
The names are a bit of fun, but more importantly the key group of 3 holsters, Bonnie-B (Black and Teal), Rebel Yell (Black and Red) and Blue Jean Baby (Blue jean Blue and either White or Copper Thread) were color combinations specifically inspired to meet the requests of the person who named them. We feel by naming these holsters we are honoring the team that helped us develop them. Sort of like why do we name airplanes I come from 35 years in the Aerospace industry and business development, we name every airplane and missile.

At Packin' Fur Defense, we don't want to be a company that just says here, we have a product, it's pink you should like it. We have been working with the women in this forum, along with some local trainers, and clubs to understand what they want, what they haven't found, and what their frustrations are.

Bonnie-B likes teal, Bad Kitty likes black and red, we responded. Our holsters are great for men, but we have made the backing slightly narrower, and padded the back with rubber and fleece. This adds comfort, and stability, and conforms better to the body. If the holster is comfortable your more likely to carry every day, not be tempted to leave your gun behind. At the same time the holster is designed to a quality product that will be ready, and perform in that 4-5 second window when denial departs, and action is required if that ever happens.

We had great success this week at Del Mar with out hybrid holsters, despite the fact that San Diego isn't issuing. People had fun with the names, and especially the women appreciated the story behind how we came to offer the colors and product.

Last edited by grantar2; 05-19-2015 at 5:59 PM..
Old 05-19-2015, 10:16 PM

UPDATE: I bought the Blue Jean Baby with copper thread last night! I can't WAIT to try it out. PackinFurDefense is awesome and gives Calgunners a discount which covers tax and part of the shipping, if you're ordering online. I'd love to see the shop, but I don't get out that way often...

On the names and colors, it's all Grantar2's fault. He was rash enough to ask us for our opinions, desires, hopes, wishes and dreams. And woweee! Did he ever get them!

For instance, the Blue Jean Baby configuration simply does not exist anywhere else, in any color (leather with kydex for a Colt Mustang Pocketlite). We searched high and low and if there's anything like it for the Colt Mustang, we couldn't find it. So, I told GrantAR2, and he talked to his staff and voila! A totally unique product in an over-saturated market of black, black, brown, black, black... Bored to tears with black, even though I'm a "little black dress" kinda girl.

The request for interesting names was done in another area of the CGN site, I think the Concealed Carry Forum, not in the Women's Forum, and trust me, the guys were chipping in with Maduro, Back in Black, and a cool black and tan, called Extra Stout to name just a few. Also, Rebel Yell (red and black). A theme on rock song titles started to develop as people brainstormed. It got rolling and just snowballed, and lots of Calgunners chipped in suggestions. And I imagine even more suggestions are welcome, right Grant?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1064053

There's no great joy in replicating what every other holster manufacturer has done for 25 years. Naming the holsters, having them in color combinations, is different, cool and can be changed with a keystroke.

But why would you want to? Half of Del Mar was probably walking around for the rest of the afternoon, humming "blue jean baby, LA lady, seamstress for the band...".

Last edited by BonnieB; 05-20-2015 at 12:05 PM..
Old 05-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

Bonnie, I always welcome suggestions and criticism. My only complaint will be if it's mean spirited. Pretty much everyone is great. I like meeting needs, and wants.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 AM

it's just me then, it's ok, i am accustomed to that
Old 05-22-2015, 7:48 PM
Veteran Member

Bonnie it was supposed to arrive today, did you get it? Do you like it?

Bad Kitty did yours arrive? Are you happy?
Old 05-22-2015, 9:15 PM

Blue Jean Baby came today. And, wowee, is it gorgeous! Careful craftsmanship, fine materials, backing is cushy fleece, as advertised. Smells of fine leather, so much better than plastic... I can't wait to try it out. We have a range here that allows open carry in the shooting bays (if you can qualify). I'll be sorting out my best jeans and heading out ASAP.

GrantAR2, thank you for this. I never imagined I'd have a custom holster, but this one is MINE.
Old 05-22-2015, 9:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Blue Jean Baby came today. And, wowee, is it gorgeous! Careful craftsmanship, fine materials, backing is cushy fleece, as advertised. Smells of fine leather, so much better than plastic... I can't wait to try it out. We have a range here that allows open carry in the shooting bays (if you can qualify). I'll be sorting out my best jeans and heading out ASAP.

GrantAR2, thank you for this. I never imagined I'd have a custom holster, but this one is MINE.
Bonnie, that make Debbie and I so very happy. Keep me posted, the proof is in the pudding, so we want to make sure your happy after you get a chance to employ it.
Old 05-24-2015, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Bonnie it was supposed to arrive today, did you get it? Do you like it?

Bad Kitty did yours arrive? Are you happy?

It is here; but, I have been on duty for the past two days and wasn't able to get to my PO box to pick it up. The package is behind the counter. Since today is Sunday, tomorrow is a holiday and I'm back at work Tuesday, I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday!
Old 05-24-2015, 7:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
It is here; but, I have been on duty for the past two days and wasn't able to get to my PO box to pick it up. The package is behind the counter. Since today is Sunday, tomorrow is a holiday and I'm back at work Tuesday, I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday!
If it helps, Bonnie likes hers so far.
Old 05-24-2015, 9:05 PM

Poor BK! That's like Christmas Eve without Santa! Poor kitty...
Old 05-27-2015, 3:33 PM

I picked up my package today. Thank you for the quick turn around time! I agree with BonnieB, the leather is nice and the fleece backing is soft. I always worry if my weapon will fit into the Kydex properly (not too loose and not too tight); but, I was relieved to find that my weapon fit just right.

Because of the G19's size, I intend to use this holster for OWB. With that in mind, I removed the clips so that I could lace my belt though the slots. My next visit to the range with the G19 will be on 6/15. So, we'll see how the holster holds up!

Last edited by BadKitty; 05-27-2015 at 3:38 PM..
Old 05-27-2015, 8:16 PM

This is a nice looking holster. It looks a little larger than most, but I'm new to this whole scene.

Do you make it for the sigsauer P239?

Profiler
Old 05-27-2015, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
This is a nice looking holster. It looks a little larger than most, but I'm new to this whole scene.

Profiler
Profiler

I have one for P239 in Chobia (Black to Brown) http://packinfurdefense.com/products...r-color-cohiba

If you would like it, let me know as were going be at the Costa Mesa gun show and I can pull it from stock so we don't accident sell it. Alternately if you have a leather and thread combination you would prefer we can have one custom made for you like we did for Bad Kitty and Bonnie. Beware though as if it's different from the colors we already stock you may have to help name it.

See the holster we have in stock here: http://packinfurdefense.com/products...r-color-cohiba

If you order it, use coupon code Calguns10 for a 10% discount.
Old 05-27-2015, 9:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post

Profiler
As a note our hybrid is actually slightly smaller than most 2 clip hybrids. My supplier uses quality materials and shape that allow the same or better performance without the additional mass.

If you can visit our store in Mission Viejo, you can try some on.
Old 06-15-2015, 8:03 PM

Quote:

Because of the G19's size, I intend to use this holster for OWB. With that in mind, I removed the clips so that I could lace my belt though the slots. My next visit to the range with the G19 will be on 6/15. So, we'll see how the holster holds up!

OK! Range report! As I said, in my previous post, I wasn't going to be able to try the holster out until today and I did.

The holster cross draw IWB was very comfortable and the clips seemed sturdy and held my belt. It was a bit bulky for cross draw IWB; but, I think that's ONLY because my weapon, a Glock 19, is somewhat large for concealed carry (and it's not my carry weapon anyway). I imagine that this holster for a smaller weapon would be better than using it for a larger weapon (for a woman, YMMV). Though, I'm thinking that IWB 4 o' clock would also work ok. In either position, the fleece backing was nice and soft!

I generally carry my G19 OWB 3 o' clock at the range and, with that in mind, I removed the belt clips and laced the holster to my belt via the belt slots. This was a more practical arrangement for me given the G19's size. I think I need to break the holster in a little bit so that the leather flexes and hugs my hip a bit more; but, the kydex was secure and the leather holster itself seemed like good quality.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
OK! Range report! As I said, in my previous post, I wasn't going to be able to try the holster out until today and I did.

The holster cross draw IWB was very comfortable and the clips seemed sturdy and held my belt. It was a bit bulky for cross draw IWB; but, I think that's ONLY because my weapon, a Glock 19, is somewhat large for concealed carry (and it's not my carry weapon anyway). I imagine that this holster for a smaller weapon would be better than using it for a larger weapon (for a woman, YMMV). Though, I'm thinking that IWB 4 o' clock would also work ok. In either position, the fleece backing was nice and soft!

I generally carry my G19 OWB 3 o' clock at the range and, with that in mind, I removed the belt clips and laced the holster to my belt via the belt slots. This was a more practical arrangement for me given the G19's size. I think I need to break the holster in a little bit so that the leather flexes and hugs my hip a bit more; but, the kydex was secure and the leather holster itself seemed like good quality.

Thanks!
But are you happy? I know it needs breaking in, should take a day or so, but I am concerned your happy.

One of the nice things about these holsters is that if you ordered one for a smaller gun, the leather backing would be smaller to. Unlike some brands that use a one size fits most approach to backing this manufacture does not.

How was the draw? You indicate retention was good, and the backing comfortable.
Old 06-16-2015, 4:38 PM

Quote:
But are you happy? I know it needs breaking in, should take a day or so, but I am concerned your happy.

One of the nice things about these holsters is that if you ordered one for a smaller gun, the leather backing would be smaller to. Unlike some brands that use a one size fits most approach to backing this manufacture does not.

How was the draw? You indicate retention was good, and the backing comfortable.
Yes, I am happy with the holster. I appreciate that you go the extra mile to ensure that your customers are satisfied with your products.

To answer your question at the bottom, the draw was good as was re-holstering. When I think back on my range trip yesterday, I don't recall much about the holster. Think about it - if I don't remember having to fuss with the holster, then that is a good thing. Apparently it did it's job so well that nothing stood out as a problem to me!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

Bad Kitty very glad your happy. I don't know about going the extra mile, I just know I want delighted customers.

When I worked at Northrop Grumman my boss Brick Nelson had the most carrier landings in Naval Aviation history, and the most night landings. Over the main exit to the F/A-18 Center Fuselage production line in El Segundo, was a huge banner that showed an F/A-18 about to slam into the deck to catch the wire. The top of the banner reminded the mechanics "Your torqued assemblies will be tested" They all knew what would happen if something failed. I feel the same way about out concealed carry products. Satisfaction matters.

Thanks for shopping with us.
Old 06-17-2015, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Over the main exit to the F/A-18 Center Fuselage production line in El Segundo, was a huge banner that showed an F/A-18 about to slam into the deck to catch the wire. The top of the banner reminded the mechanics "Your torqued assemblies will be tested" They all knew what would happen if something failed. I feel the same way about out concealed carry products. Satisfaction matters.

Thanks for shopping with us.
Since I'm a visual person, this point made an impression on me, Grantar. Well put.