Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Atlantic Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Atlantic Firearms Hosted by AtlanticFirearms.com

Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default Atlantic rifle kits are impressive

My brother in law just received an Egyptian Maadi parts kit from Atlantic. If you look at the description on their web page, you believe that what you will receive will probably be well used, dented, chipped and pretty thrashed. What he actually received was a brand new, never been shot, factory fresh Maadi, wow!

Way to under promise and over deliver Atlantic. If you are thinking about building an AK, the Maadi kits from Atlantic are beautiful. I am tempted to go for one, too bad I can't afford right now.

Old 08-26-2013, 5:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Thank you for the posting we try to be very conservative in our product descriptions so our customers are hopefully pleasantly surprised !!
www.atlanticfirearms.com
Old 08-27-2013, 7:21 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

My BIL was very happy with your kit, refreshing to see a vendor who doesn't over promise these days.

Old 08-27-2013, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
Thank you for the posting we try to be very conservative in our product descriptions so our customers are hopefully pleasantly surprised !!
What does it take to build one out ? Is there any welding involved ? I'd like to make one but have no experience and the add says one should know what they are doing

Last edited by esp1; 08-27-2013 at 6:34 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 8:28 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Building an AK is pretty involved as you actually build the gun from parts, unlike an AR, where you are just assembling parts. With an AK, you have to literally weld and rivet the receiver together, I bent my own flat into the receiver, we riveted both trunions into the receiver, spot welded the rails in, etc. Very involved, not for the neophyte.
You would want to PM CGer 69Mach1, PM him and tell him I sent you, he is great and can actually help you to build your first AK, it is the most fun you can have away from the range. When all is said and done, you can buy and DROS an AK cheaper than building one but the experience of building one is extremely fun and gratifying.

Old 09-24-2013, 3:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I agree. I bought a kit a while back and really liked the quality.