Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 08-11-2010, 9:55 PM

my first shotgun, knoxx recoil stock works wonders
Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Banned

What is the red one? WHY is it red??

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskater View Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Added a vang comp 870 to my HD collection a few days ago:

-mike
Old 08-12-2010, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyW View Post
What is the red one? WHY is it red??
It's a Winchester SX3. Its the Flannigan edition.
Old 08-12-2010, 9:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
Updated pics of my shorter barrel Wingmasters.

Wingmaster 20" with +2 extension and police stock

My "Classic Riot gun" 20" with +3 extension

beautiful Wingmasters....
Old 08-27-2010, 11:26 PM

The skeet range I visit only allows one round in the chamber and people sometimes get pissy if you take too long to load (I usually shoot with 1 friend and 3 strangers). Since almost everything I own is semi or pump, I decided to get a couple more singles for the collection. Cheapies, but I like em.

Russian Baikal 12 on the left.
H&R 20 on the right.
Camera sucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02485.jpg (96.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 09-04-2010, 8:47 PM
Veteran Member

well heres my first my shotgun
Remington 870 express magnum in 12ga
I have a tacstar side saddle on it also
O ya to get forend to work I had to notch the forend

Also what is a good way to mount a light?
right now I have it on there with zip ties, it seems pretty secure but its pretty ugly
but this gun is not pretty so not much of a loss

here are some pictures

Old 09-04-2010, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjkearns View Post

Also what is a good way to mount a light?
what I'll be using on my HD 870 as funds allow
http://harristacticalonline.com/prod...?productId=259

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...9#post11240879

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=754181
Old 09-07-2010, 7:46 PM

870 Express Magnum. 18" Mossberg barrel. Knoxx Crapstock. No frills, no thrills, just basic HD weapon.

And paying homage to my original HD shotty: 870 Express, Mesa Stock, Mesa Sidesaddle, 2 rd extension...

Last edited by themailman; 09-07-2010 at 7:50 PM..
Old 09-12-2010, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post

my first shotgun, knoxx recoil stock works wonders

Do you sacrifice any accuracy with that recoil damping stock?
Old 09-12-2010, 9:55 PM

Talking My Tactical Shotgun

It’s a Benelli Super Nova with ghost ring sights, Benelli Collapsible Stock, MESA Tactical saddle mount 6 shell holder, EO-tech XPS-3-0, Brilley Breacher, Nordic Components Plus 3 Mag ext, Mesa Tactical mag/barrel clamp with a sure fire M600C Scout Light. I also Lightened trigger pull sum and lightened the action pull.
hunting 011.jpg

hunting 013.jpg
Old 09-21-2010, 7:08 PM

Ok, just a phone pic of my new 870. Haven't done anything to it yet; have a Knoxx stock on the way, and am making up my mind on a light.

Oh, and I like old Smiths too, but my photo abilities aren't so great, but here goes...

My '52 Combat Masterpiece (unfortunately not the original grips).

And my '92 65, which is my 3am gun (and yes I did have to pull it once at 3am). My first gun BTW.

RIP Kelev my sweet Lab (and avatar). The best dog in the known universe. Thank you for 14 wonderful years. I will see you again one day.
Old 09-22-2010, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

My newly aquired Mosberg 500 (18" HD bbl,28" bbl in the safe)
Along side my Sears 12ga bolt with 2rnd magazine, made buy Stevens in the 1960's I believe.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-22-2010, 6:02 PM

Just added to SG collection. Winchester 1300 Defender.

Last edited by BigBoyPinoy; 09-22-2010 at 6:44 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 5:38 AM

Old 09-26-2010, 7:03 AM

A few weeks ago I bought a Remington 870 HD from Impact Guns in Utah and had it shipped to my FFL in Benbrook, Texas. By the way, it was a $10 transfer fee at Cash Advance Pawn in Benbrook, the cheapest I could find and the people there were great, so take note. I ended up paying $315.99 with free shipping to my FFL. With the $10 transfer free and a Remington $30 rebate my total cost will be $295.99. I checked local for a long time and visited many gun shops in my area. The best price I could get on the HD was $339 plus tax. I know there are 870's for less but I wanted mag tube extension and I'm happy with my purchase. Impact Guns sent the item with a nice email trail letting me know the whole process along the way.
Anyway, The Remington 870 HD has changed quite a bit since the last time I was looking at them live and I'm going to do a review on it another time. It comes with a sythetic stock, which I dropped in favor of a Speedfeed Birds head that I like. I also ditched the mag clamp in favor of my BMT clamp and saved about .4oz in the process. I also added another BMT clamp at the back of the extension and added a TLR-1s on one side and a QD-PB sling mount on the other. I then added a sling from Rocky Mountain Tactical. These are first grade slings and I have 3 options to disconnect if I get hung up. I'm still playing with the configuration on this but right now it's just a simple 2 point because I simple wanted it o the gun now. It is held on at the stock by a GG&G rear sling plate. I've been using a friends 20" model but this 18 1/2" model makes a big difference and I like the smaller size a lot. So much so I may even a consider going SBS at some time in the future. Here's a couple of quick pics. Later on this will be going to J.D. at AI&P tactical for his build.

Last edited by candewman; 09-26-2010 at 7:05 AM..
Old 09-26-2010, 7:51 AM

Default Stoeger Condor Competition

My trap SG: 12 gauge O/U ported barrel adjustable comb.

Old 09-26-2010, 8:04 AM

Default BTW, Candewman...

Nice work! That's a tough lookin' set up.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:06 AM

That's a nice stupid looking gun I just love the look of a birds head stock. I ve been contemplating whether or not to birds head my wood stock on my single shot.. I think seeing yours is a sign to do it!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks guys, or at least some of you.

coy80176: that's a nice Stoeger and a great stock set up with that adjustable comb. Is that a custom deal?

j.primo: I like the birds head grip compared to other pgo's. I'm more of a fan of point shooting and shooting from the hip with that setup is nice for me with that grip.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Scott... cool 870 man! And great price too. A couple of questions for ya.

The MOD-C or BMT, as a replacement for the factory extension bracket, is every bit as good (probably better, right?) plus the MOD-C can do double duty in holding a tubular flashlight or BMT holding a mini rail etc. Not necessary to have the second BMT on your gun except that you wanted to bring the light closer to your hand, right?

On my Speedfeed Birdshead, I'm using the eye at the end of the grip for rear attachment of the sling... do you find the GG&G rear sling plate is a better way to go?

I assume you use your first finger of left hand to operate the switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by candewman View Post
A few weeks ago I bought a Remington 870 HD from Impact Guns in Utah and had it shipped to my FFL in Benbrook, Texas. By the way, it was a $10 transfer fee at Cash Advance Pawn in Benbrook, the cheapest I could find and the people there were great, so take note. I ended up paying $315.99 with free shipping to my FFL. With the $10 transfer free and a Remington $30 rebate my total cost will be $295.99. I checked local for a long time and visited many gun shops in my area. The best price I could get on the HD was $339 plus tax. I know there are 870's for less but I wanted mag tube extension and I'm happy with my purchase. Impact Guns sent the item with a nice email trail letting me know the whole process along the way.
Anyway, The Remington 870 HD has changed quite a bit since the last time I was looking at them live and I'm going to do a review on it another time. It comes with a sythetic stock, which I dropped in favor of a Speedfeed Birds head that I like. I also ditched the mag clamp in favor of my BMT clamp and saved about .4oz in the process. I also added another BMT clamp at the back of the extension and added a TLR-1s on one side and a QD-PB sling mount on the other. I then added a sling from Rocky Mountain Tactical. These are first grade slings and I have 3 options to disconnect if I get hung up. I'm still playing with the configuration on this but right now it's just a simple 2 point because I simple wanted it o the gun now. It is held on at the stock by a GG&G rear sling plate. I've been using a friends 20" model but this 18 1/2" model makes a big difference and I like the smaller size a lot. So much so I may even a consider going SBS at some time in the future. Here's a couple of quick pics. Later on this will be going to J.D. at AI&P tactical for his build.

The clowns in government, "LAW MAKERS", act as if just passing ever more laws will improve our lives. Government and laws have come to the point of diminishing our quality of life in America. It's time we shrink government intrusion into our lives, not expand it.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE.

Last edited by DHart; 09-26-2010 at 11:33 AM..
Old 09-26-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyPinoy View Post
Just added to SG collection. Winchester 1300 Defender.

Congrats on the new addition. One of the best defense shotguns going. Gotta love that one-piece, full length mag tube and 8-shot capacity! For night use, all it needs is a CDMGear MOD-C for tubular flashlight or BMT for mini rail mount and you're set!

The clowns in government, "LAW MAKERS", act as if just passing ever more laws will improve our lives. Government and laws have come to the point of diminishing our quality of life in America. It's time we shrink government intrusion into our lives, not expand it.

Old 09-26-2010, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Scott... cool 870 man! And great price too. A couple of questions for ya.

The MOD-C or BMT, as a replacement for the factory extension bracket, is every bit as good (probably better, right?) plus the MOD-C can do double duty in holding a tubular flashlight or BMT holding a mini rail etc.
The factory Remington clamp only has about a 2 thread engagement, where as my BMT has at least twice that. The BMT is wider across the tangent point where the force is greatest so the grip is actually greater. Combine that with the fact that the factory is stamped steel and not machined, the BMT has more actual surface contact. Three great reasons to replace it and the MOD-C shares the same attributes.

Quote:
Not necessary to have the second BMT on your gun except that you wanted to bring the light closer to your hand, right?
Exactly. If I had a Wilson combat tube I would have only used one. I used 2 because of the recess in the factory tube where the bolt goes through for the factory clamp. I kinda wanted to hide it. CDMJ pointed out to me that the clamp mainly stops the mag tube extension from unscrewing and it can do the job anywhere along the tube so, really, only one is neccessary.

Quote:
On my Speedfeed Birdshead, I'm using the eye at the end of the grip for rear attachment of the sling... do you find the GG&G rear sling plate is a better way to go?
I could have gone either way but I misplaced the original screw to the birdshead someplace and the replacement I had was a little longer and wouldn't allow the grip to seat against the action. The GG&G was more of a filler than anything else. I like it but it really depends on how you plan on using your sling. I really like that Rocky Mountain Tactical sling too. The stitching is phenomenal and the whole rig is well thought out.

Quote:
I assume you use your first finger of left hand to operate the switch?
I do like to have the light close at hand because I don't like coil cords on a pump. The TLR-1s sits naturally where my fingers are anyway. It's a natural motion to turn the light on. I also don't have to change my grip like when a light is under the barrel. The less hand movement the better. The thing I like about the TLR-1s is that I can mount it on the left side and activate the switches with my thumb just as easily. In this case though I have the sling mounted on the left side.

I will be putting a MOD-C on it later on with a Streamlight Polytac and using it the way you show in your picture with the Winchester 1300. In that case I can use my thumb. I did mount a Surefire 6P in a MOD-C on the right side of the gun on the Winchester 1300 I have here. In that case I use my index finger to roll the cap and turn the light on.
Old 09-26-2010, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMJ View Post
Actually, aside from helping to keep the whole system tightly together, the clamp also supports the threads on the tube. As long as you have something holding the weight of the tube other than just the threads you are good to go. So one CDM Gear clamp anywhere along the length of the tube is fine. Scott just doesn't like that little recess. I actually run a BMT with two six slot rails and the factory Remington clamp on one of my guns because I too do not like that recess. It is ugly when the factory clamp is removed.
Ah ha... got it. I've got a 7-shot (extension) 870Police with parkerized finish and walnut furniture on order, so when it gets here I'm planning on putting a MOD-C on it too, in place of the factory bracket, so I can run another light like the Polytac. And I need to get yet another MOD-C bracket to go on that gun! They are my favorite light attachment accessory as I prefer the long-ish tubular flashlights on my shotguns. Like you, Scott, I'm not a fan of wires and remote switches on my shotguns.

P.S. I don't care what you say, James, I'm likin' that new 870 Scott has! 'course, I'm not swayed from my Winchesters, though.

As for the Birdshead... I like having it on one shotgun... but it wouldn't be my first choice when the SHTF. Makes it handy for travel, though. And easier to shoot from seated position or from the bed! That's why I've got a couple shotguns in the bedroom at night... the birdshead Defender right next to the bed and the Houge OM stocked version just beyond that.

Last edited by DHart; 09-26-2010 at 3:45 PM..
Old 09-26-2010, 3:41 PM

Quote:

Btw Scott. Your gun is still stupid.
Old 09-26-2010, 5:39 PM

Default stoeger stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by candewman View Post
Thanks guys, or at least some of you.

coy80176: that's a nice Stoeger and a great stock set up with that adjustable comb. Is that a custom deal?

j.primo: I like the birds head grip compared to other pgo's. I'm more of a fan of point shooting and shooting from the hip with that setup is nice for me with that grip.
The adjustable comb, ported barrel, and even right handed palm swell, all good work from Stoeger's factory in Brazil. It's really a good O/U for the $. I've picked up shooting trap a couple years ago, and couldn't/wouldn't justifying paying two/three/n times more for an SG....not yet any ways It shoots better than I can, and right now I'm trying to get better than 80+% (21 is my current best...).

Cheers!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Yeah... a birdshead on a SBS is pretty ding dang cool! And I admit to liking a regular stock more than the birdshead, generally.

Do you like the Speedfeed stocks better than the Hogue OM? I have a 12" Hogue OM which I like VERY much, except it's a tad too short for my liking. 13" would be just right for me, but Hogue OM only comes in 14" or 12". I think I'm going to sell my 12" and get a 14" Hogue OM or, perhaps a Speedfeed?

Old 09-26-2010, 11:36 PM

James... I just can't warm up to the pistol grip full stocks, just personal preference,,, they don't do it for me. But I can definitely see how they would be appealing to some shooters.

I'm not so much into the short LOP as I'm into a LOP that just feels right. For me 14" feels an inch too long. And the 12" feels an inch too short. It's so weird how just a 1" difference in a shotgun stock could feel so different, but it does. So I'm going to have to cut a Speedfeed I or a Hogue OM down so I can have 13" with a Limbsaver pad.

Any idea if the Speedfeed 14" can be cut about 1" and still have plenty of meat for the recoil pad screws?

Remington offers a "Remington" (made by Speedfeed) buttstock for the 870 which they have put their R3 (Limbsaver) recoil pad on and it results in a 13" LOP. That's the PERFECT set-up in my view. I'll have to put that together for my Winchester by getting a 14" Speedfeed, cutting it down by an inch, and installing the Limbsaver.

Old 09-27-2010, 1:47 AM

Input please

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I ll put it here:
Obviously speedfeed offers the birds head grip (cool 1300 & 870 by the way). Looks legal, 18 barrel minimum, 26 oal minimum. I searched far and beyond on this "INTERNET", but wanted a direct answer and/or expert knowledge. If I cut/modify a factory wood stock and shape it to a pg style birds head, is it legal? Buying a birds head and making one. Is there a difference? From what I've read and seen, I'm 98% sure it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't want to get myself into any legal binds from a hacksaw and sandpaper.

Last edited by j.primo; 09-27-2010 at 1:50 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 5:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.primo View Post
Input please

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I ll put it here:
Obviously speedfeed offers the birds head grip (cool 1300 & 870 by the way). Looks legal, 18 barrel minimum, 26 oal minimum. I searched far and beyond on this "INTERNET", but wanted a direct answer and/or expert knowledge. If I cut/modify a factory wood stock and shape it to a pg style birds head, is it legal? Buying a birds head and making one. Is there a difference? From what I've read and seen, I'm 98% sure it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't want to get myself into any legal binds from a hacksaw and sandpaper.

Your GTG making your own birdshead

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun

Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Cool. I finished it last night.. B4 I even posted the question thanx..
Old 09-28-2010, 1:12 AM
Veteran Member

Remington 870 Police Magnum
CHAOS Warthog permanently affixed to 15.5" barrel, resulting in 18" OAL

Last edited by mlatino; 09-28-2010 at 2:34 AM..
Old 09-28-2010, 7:24 AM

here's mine, Remington 870 Express with add ons !

Old 10-02-2010, 11:10 PM

That^ looks nice cdmj. You'll satisfy the brass-up and brass-down crowd with that picture. By the way I just screwed on my new bmt clamp the other night.
Old 10-03-2010, 1:34 AM

A1&H&R

Old 10-04-2010, 8:51 AM

Quote:
One of my 870s. Taken during a resent photo shoot.
Beatufiul! Great photo! I love the "tactical-simplicity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.primo View Post
A1&H&R

That wood furniture is NICE!

Quote:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
Old 10-06-2010, 4:33 AM

Airsoft guns for HD? That doesn't seem like a good idea..

http://socomgear.com/english/index.p...products_id=36

Last edited by CDMJ; 10-06-2010 at 4:39 AM..
Old 10-06-2010, 12:26 PM

I see.
Old 10-06-2010, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuzzy View Post
the beretta is just for show. sometimes it's enough to scare someone off. (at least in switzerland, we have almost no reported cases on armed intruders and if you take someone down you're in deep ****. even if you had to defend yourself) and that's the safe part of my motto.

the p225, mossberg and stgw90 are my last options:

and just for the record:
http://www.i.e43.ch/DSC_4598_1920x1280.jpg
http://www.i.e43.ch/DSC_6653.jpg

Isn't that funny?

The land where many great arms technology, including my favorite handgun , were born, yet has a stiff stance on guns...

What year is your 225?

Quote:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
Old 10-06-2010, 9:29 PM

REFINISHED