Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Primary Arms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2018, 6:24 AM

Default PA 1x Prism ETA?

I keep waiting for the release of your 1x ACSS prism optic (Cyclops?). Any updates?
Old 05-31-2018, 6:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We are hoping for a July 9 release. When they get released you will want to act fast, I think the first batch, which is relatively small, is going to get sold out fast. The second batch will come soon after but I don't think the first ones to come in stock will be enough to meet demand for long.

Here's the thread we've had on AR15.com about it for awhile. Lots of pics including some reticle pics from the prototype.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...e-/325-285110/
Old 06-18-2018, 9:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Pre-orders just went live, here's your chance to secure one. There will be a very limited number of pre-orders available as the pre-order system is very new to us.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1x-com...-reticle-black
Old 06-19-2018, 7:57 AM

Thanks got one ordered!
Old 07-20-2018, 8:55 AM

How will this new optic work with one of the PA 3x magnifiers? I currently run a PA red dot with flip to side 3x magnifier and would consider swapping the red dot out for this just to get the new reticle....if I can keep the 3x magnifier.
Those acting in the public interest assume obligations of accountability and transparency. Retroactively redefining goals while claiming — yet refusing to disclose — some “master plan” is just the opposite. So is viciously trashing anyone who questions your judgment. -navyinrwanda
Old 07-24-2018, 5:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Magnifiers are a no-go. When playing around with it we realized you can put the magnifier in FRONT of the 1x prism scope and it will appear to work, but practically speaking you get no accuracy, because of massive parallax issues that I don't really understand since I'm not an optical engineer.

Bottom line, it looks like it might work until you never hit the target ever.

EDIT: They are saying that you can put the 3x magnifier BEHIND the Cyclops and carefully adjust both diopters until the etched reticle is in focus, and it'll work. Still sounds sketch to me, but apparently one of the guys got it to work out.

These are ALMOST in stock, I'm guessing we'll see them go live on the site on Monday if all goes well.

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 07-25-2018 at 5:31 AM..
Old 07-27-2018, 5:32 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Hey guys, they are live on site and in stock, but selling fast. Don't worry, we already have more ordered and being built now.