Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 09-09-2010, 7:38 AM

Default Defensive Pistol for the Security Professional Lv 1 $10, 17 Sept

Defensive Pistol for the Security Professional Lv 1

Date/Time: 17 September, 9am
Length: 5 hours +/-
PRICE: $10
Round count: 300 minimum
MAXIMUM CLASS: 8

PREREQUISITE: MUST possess CURRENT and VALID BSIS Exposed Firearms Card (gun card). This is for ARMED SECURITY GUARDS ONLY.

Since this is for armed security guards only, please spread the word to anyone you know that works security and wants some range time. The ideal student is a guard who has little experience handling a firearm.

OBJECTIVE: To reinforce the student’s basic fundamentals of handgun shooting as well as build the student’s overall confidence in their ability to manipulate and fire a handgun and increase the student’s BSIS qualification score.
We will also be going over the topics listed below…

Topics Covered:

Handgun safety and familiarization
Drawing from the holster
Challenge/Verbal commands
Marksmanship fundamentals
Malfunctions/Immediate action drills
Kneeling and One handed shooting
Handgun/Magazine maintenance/care

Additional topics maybe be added or removed if needed.

Required Materials:
Duty Handgun
BSIS approved calibers only (38/357, 9, 40, 45)
300 Rounds of ammunition
3 magazines
5 Snap Caps/Dummy Rounds
Eye and Ear protection
Duty belt
Duty holster
Duty magazine pouch
Duty style equipment ONLY
Knee pads for shooting in the kneeling positions

You are responsible for bringing your gear. We will not be providing firearms or ammunition or have any available for rent. We will have some Snap Caps for you to borrow at no charge, but that’s all.

More information can be found on our website .

Here’s the deal:
This is a pistol class I’ve designed personally and I need test bunnies to try it out on.

After this class, I’d like for you to post your honest opinion and AAR on this class and if you think it’d be worth the $75.
Old 09-09-2010, 2:51 PM

I took the Defensive Pistol Lv2 last month on August 13, although it was an advance class I learned a few thing or two about tactics and marksmanship. Our group of law enforcement officers had a great time, and James is a great instructor. He is very knowledgable and will take the time to make sure you understand the basic fundamentals. James will train with you 1 on 1 if your having difficulty with the exercise during breaks. I highly encourage anyone who works with a firearm to take this class. You won't be disappointed and you may become a repeat customer.
Old 09-13-2010, 9:50 AM

All 8 slots are still available. If you know anyone who works armed security and would like to improve their skills and qualification score, this is perfect for them.

The ideal student would be someone who scores about a 215 or lower on the BSIS firearms qualification.