Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 PM

Thumbs up Turner's Pasadena

Great store and awesome employees! They had very good attitudes even with the non-stop line of people buying, looking to buy out of stock, and firearm pick ups. Nabil went out of his way to check their inventory on the computer for several manufactures. I was giving up on purchasing an AR when my top 3 choices were "out of stock" but we eventually found one of the last ARs available so I ordered it quickly. Just too bad that there isn't much to buy now - no rifles, no ammo, no mags.

Last edited by Daily5.0; 01-10-2013 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: grammer
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Always prefer the Pasadena store over Reseda. Great staff and easier to purchase ammo.

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 PM

Which AR was it
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Veteran Member

The Pasadena location has always been a great store. Always friendly staff and willing to help.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 01-12-2013, 8:28 AM
CGN Contributor

Old 01-12-2013, 8:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I never want to go back there again. Went there once for a PPT and was treated like a second class citizen. I also heard a couple sales staff talking about a Noreen in .416 and what it was capable of shooting. I happen to have a little experience in XLR shooting, have friends with Noreens, met the manufacture when they first introduced their rifle and have seen him several times over the last few years. I know how they actually preform when shot along side other makes of rifles during matches. I have a little experience shooting the little .416 round too. Anyway, it was obvious that the sales staff was feeding potential customers a line of bull that I could hardly bare to listen to.

That experience along with the experiences I've had at hundreds of different gun shops over the last 32 years since I started buying guns, puts Turner's of Pasadena in the bottom 5% of gunshops which I've been to.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 01-12-2013, 4:20 PM

I've purchased two firearms from the Pasadena turners, one being today and both have been great! I live an hour away from Turners and will continue doing business with them. Sean was extremely helpful and very professional today for my transaction. Thank you Sean for your great customer service!
Old 01-12-2013, 4:28 PM

Went to Pasadena Turners today for PPT. Got there at 11 and there was a long line for gun counter and 2 PPT before mine. The line took about an hour to get to your number and took an hour to get to my PPT and about 25mins for my PPT to complete. Stephen was great, professional during the 1 1/2 hours I watched him do PPT's. Great store.
Old 01-12-2013, 4:29 PM

Went to Pasadena Turners today for PPT. Got there at 11 and there was a long line for gun counter and 2 PPT before mine. The line took about an hour to get to your number and took an hour to get to my PPT and about 25mins for my PPT to complete. Stephen was great, professional during the 1 1/2 hours I watched him do PPT's. Great store.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM

2 1/2 hour for ppt is a lot more than i've time for. i guess some of us have more time and patience than others. ;-)

my favorite lgs can typically get it done in less than 10 minutes if there's no problem...

pasadena is one of turner's better stores, but it all depends on someone's experience and expectations...
Old 02-14-2013, 10:04 AM

Thanks to Pam S at Turners Pasadena for a great PPT. She was fast, courteous, professional, knowledgeable & nice.

Great experience.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:59 PM

I have had 5 PPTs done at Pasadena without any problems. Finding parking, on the other hand...
Old 02-15-2013, 3:43 PM

i love pasadena store.
bought a few from them.
CGN contributor
Old 02-19-2013, 3:41 PM

Tuesday at 3:30pm seemed to be the magic time, no waiting and Nabil was gracious enough to look for things I probably knew would not be there
Old 02-19-2013, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnletti View Post
I have had 5 PPTs done at Pasadena without any problems. Finding parking, on the other hand...
Yep, parking is bad. Manager is a good guy there.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM

Pasadena is good. Manager is cool and so are the employees. They are "extra" nice.
Old 03-04-2013, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I never want to go back there again. Went there once for a PPT and was treated like a second class citizen. I also heard a couple sales staff talking about a Noreen in .416 and what it was capable of shooting. I happen to have a little experience in XLR shooting, have friends with Noreens, met the manufacture when they first introduced their rifle and have seen him several times over the last few years. I know how they actually preform when shot along side other makes of rifles during matches. I have a little experience shooting the little .416 round too. Anyway, it was obvious that the sales staff was feeding potential customers a line of bull that I could hardly bare to listen to.

That experience along with the experiences I've had at hundreds of different gun shops over the last 32 years since I started buying guns, puts Turner's of Pasadena in the bottom 5% of gunshops which I've been to.
I've heard this story of yours a couple times already. Sounds like you really have a grudge against this store after that one PPT incident. I'll admit they weren't all that great to me either 4 years ago but they have changed a lot in the recent years. Now may not be a good time for you to visit but when things get better you should at least give them another shot at your business.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Banned

Last edited by Oliver_Charles; 01-11-2014 at 10:02 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I've heard this story of yours a couple times already. Sounds like you really have a grudge against this store after that one PPT incident. I'll admit they weren't all that great to me either 4 years ago but they have changed a lot in the recent years. Now may not be a good time for you to visit but when things get better you should at least give them another shot at your business.
Sounds about right. I've done a bunch of PPT's and never had any issues or attitudes from any of them over the last 2 years. Personally I wouldn't ask them for advice since they're biased into wanting to sell you something.

Quote:
I've done 5-6 PPTs there. The last time I went in. The bearded Chubb told me that I was technically a gun dealer and that the DOJ and IRS were going to come after me. He says this in front of a guy that I'm selling to. Moron-a-thon. Never again
Did you sell 5-6 handguns in one calendar year? He's right. You're only allowed to sell 5 handguns per year and a "limited" number of long guns per year. There's no specific number on long guns.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Banned

Last edited by Oliver_Charles; 01-11-2014 at 10:02 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 6:48 PM

The guys and gals at Turners Pasadena are pretty awesome. They're service oriented and mostly friendly (imagine if you have to deal with idiots like us all day).

Nabil was pretty awesome at locating an "out stock" S&W MP 15-22 at the height of the panic (early Feb). He could of just told me it was out of stock, but he worked the computer and came up w a jewel.
Old 04-18-2013, 7:31 PM
Veteran Member

I was near the Pasadena store back in november/ early december and decided to stop in. Was very impressed with the staff at this location. Very friendly and willing to help. I know Turner's has a reputation as being more of a store that sells guns, rather than being a gun store, but I have found the staff at pasadena to be quite knowledgeable. I also like the fact that they don't have such egos that they won't direct you to another salesperson who may be better able to field your question.
I have shopped for many years at the Reseda location and made many purchases there because they were closer to me, but never thought the service was up to par.
Pasadena is my go-to shop now. Nothing but good things to say about the crew there. Been there probably a dozen times in the last few months and always a good experience.
Old 04-19-2013, 9:35 PM

Hector is the guy to see! The staff and Hector is awesome!