Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2019, 8:51 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

No "unsanitized bedding/clothing" on craigslist?

Well, they lost my business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 04-23-2019, 9:15 PM
code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
No "unsanitized bedding/clothing" on craigslist?

Well, they lost my business.
Yeah, but I didn't notice a prohibition on selling used marital aids, so they have that going for them.
Old 04-23-2019, 9:17 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't believe it. I bought some used sheets off craigslist and they were crispy as a potato chip. Definitely used.
Old 04-23-2019, 9:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
That just means someone selling LCMs on CL broke CL rules. CL rules are not law. They can't throw you in jail for breaking CL rules.
I understand the difference between private contracted rules and laws, thanks. I guess you don't get it. These items are not available on CL, auto flagged. So best not to say you bought prohibited items such as magazines (clips) on CL.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuce View Post
Are people keeping documentation on their purchases? From my interpretation of everything, private sales of magazines were legal during this period so you could of acquired magazines from Craigslist?
I bought all those mags from some guy at the range on April 1, 2019. Never seen him before or since and I can’t recall his name. That’s why they look old...they are used. Prove me wrong.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure Shot 45 View Post
I understand the difference between private contracted rules and laws, thanks. I guess you don't get it. These items are not available on CL, auto flagged. So best not to say you bought prohibited items such as magazines (clips) on CL.
The flagging isn't instant. I have seen firearms for sale on Craigslist.
Anyways, who cares where you got your magazines during Freedom Week, they weren't prohibited at that time.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 04-23-2019, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure Shot 45 View Post
I guess YOU don't get it.
If a sale slips through the cracks on CL, noone's going to jail if it happened during Freedom Week.

I can say, "Can you believe it? I bought Freedom Mags from Craigslist during Freedom Week even thought it's against their policy!" all day long and not be in any kind of legal jeopardy.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

I bought all my mags on Craigslist
Old 04-23-2019, 11:06 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
Probably when you picked up that unsanitized bedding? Enjoy death row San Quentin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 04-23-2019, 11:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Probably when you picked up that unsanitized bedding? Enjoy death row San Quentin.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:19 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

N
Quote:

It's just frustrating to see people with misguided conceptions of where authority truly resides.
Many are immigrants in which case their schooling system indoctrinated them for subservience and in other cases it's youngsters who suffered a similar schooling system here in the US of A.
#headingto3rdworldstatus
Old 04-24-2019, 9:29 AM

Plenty of prohibited items are sold on facebook or craigslist. Of course they aren't listed as firearms or drugs, usually they are listed as something like "spoon for sale $600" with a picture of the spoon in front of the actual item to be sold.

Either way, keep your trap shut, be respectful, and if needed communicate through your legal counsel.

Remember, you couldn't catch the smallest fish in the pond if it kept its mouth shut.
Old 05-15-2019, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy75 View Post
I bought all those mags from some guy at the range on April 1, 2019. Never seen him before or since and I can’t recall his name. That’s why they look old...they are used. Prove me wrong.
Yep, bought from SomeGuy.
It's pretty big hole on the enforcement...

I also removed all my 10rd restrictor blocks on that day...

Last edited by ghkj21; 05-15-2019 at 4:04 PM..
Old 05-15-2019, 4:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
thats funny, i bought all my mags from someguy too.

was your some guy puereto rican too?

(south park reference in case no one understands, they made fun of all the obvious parents who killed their child but are current unsolved, and had them all blame "some puereto rican guy")
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 05-15-2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
thats funny, i bought all my mags from someguy too.

was your some guy puereto rican too?
lol

No, it was auto correct. I meant to jokingly imply SomeGuy75 as the OP of that comment.
Old 05-15-2019, 4:06 PM
Veteran Member

Got mine from "some guy's" brother, "some dude."
Old 05-15-2019, 4:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That's a statement, which can be fact checked.
Old 05-15-2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
That's a statement, which can be fact checked.
The best way to answer is to remain silent (5A) when questioned about when and where you purchased that stack of "HCM". Never talk to LEO is the first advice any lawyer will give you. Of course remember not to use your credit card. lol
Old 05-15-2019, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

Smile got them from a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Got mine from "some guy's" brother, "some dude."
you got them from a friend of a friend's brother's friend
Old 05-15-2019, 6:09 PM
Veteran Member

Sum-gai. He looked Asian.
Old 05-19-2019, 4:32 PM

I bought a bunch from a variety of different sources, some from a guy in a parking lot, some from another guy somewhere else, some off the internet.

The ones I bought off the internet have emails and credit card receipts to prove time, quantity, etc, which proves beyond any doubt I took was aware of and took full advantage of this Freedom Week, some of my other purchases from other sources that same week were cash, no receipt sales, but there are other ways to corroborate those purchases if I had to for a jury I suppose-gps log of parking lot, etc. I bought at least 70 mags, I was not required to retain proof, but have "some" proof- more than enough for any criminal inquiry, more than enough for any civil inquiry...so yeah, if L.E. has an issue with it, they are welcome to pound their face into a door to amuse me.

Last edited by Jumbi; 05-19-2019 at 4:35 PM..
Old 05-19-2019, 4:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbi View Post
I bought a bunch from a variety of different sources, some from a guy in a parking lot, some off the internet.

The ones I bought off the internet have emails and credit card receipts to prove time, quantity, etc, which proves beyond any doubt I took was aware of and took full advantage of this Freedom Week, some of my other purchases from other sources that same week were cash, no receipt sales, but there are other ways to corroborate those purchases if I had to for a jury I suppose. I bought at least 70 mags, I was not required to retain proof, but have "some" proof- more than enough for any criminal inquiry, more than enough for any civil inquiry...so yeah, if L.E. has an issue with it, they are welcome to pound their face into a door to amuse me.
Fortunately, as long as the Constitution is obeyed by libtards (which we know how that goes....), you will never need to prove you acquired those mags legally. The state has to PROVE you did not. How would they do that? They couldn't, unless you bought them illegally from some undercover agent or something. Let freedom ring!!
Old 05-20-2019, 5:49 AM
Veteran Member

Its no different than when a few years ago, a few sellers on eBay were selling standard capacity mags and listing them as holding no more than 10 rounds because that is the most that eBay will allow. It took eBay months to figure out that they held more than 10 rounds and in that time im sure there were hundreds sold.

I remember seeing Pmags and MP5 mags being sold on there, all listed as 10 rounders. They obviously werent blocked and obviously werent modified to only hold 10 rounds.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:32 PM

Just throwing this out there because it annoys the hell out of me, after purchasing during freedom week, my info was then sold to ultra right-wing conservative groups that now mail me junk nonstop. This happened from either Arms Unlimited, Tombstone Tactical, or Ventura Munitions. Just to be clear, I am liberal Californian that’s very pro 2A. Companies that sell my info without permission are the worst. That’s all.
Old 06-25-2019, 1:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondong View Post
Just throwing this out there because it annoys the hell out of me, after purchasing during freedom week, my info was then sold to ultra right-wing conservative groups that now mail me junk nonstop. This happened from either Arms Unlimited, Tombstone Tactical, or Ventura Munitions. Just to be clear, I am liberal Californian that’s very pro 2A. Companies that sell my info without permission are the worst. That’s all.
That's lame. It's not Arms Unlimited because I ordered from them and haven't gotten a single thing.
Old 06-25-2019, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Just curious, which ultra- right wing conservative groups?

Old 06-25-2019, 1:45 PM
Vendor/Retailer

You should use email addresses like username+armsunlimited@gmail.com

Where everything but the +comment is your real email.. that'll help you identify who gave out your info.

Doesn't work 100% everywhere even though it's valid. It helps me identify who gave out my email..

I know when I donated to Travis Allen he provided/sold it to a bunch of republican folks because they all send to my username+travisallen@gmail.com email address...
phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links
Old 06-25-2019, 1:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
You should use email addresses like username+armsunlimited@gmail.com

Where everything but the +comment is your real email.. that'll help you identify who gave out your info.

Doesn't work 100% everywhere even though it's valid. It helps me identify who gave out my email..

I know when I donated to Travis Allen he provided/sold it to a bunch of republican folks because they all send to my username+travisallen@gmail.com email address...
That's awesome, I didn't know we could do that. Nice, thanks!
Old 06-25-2019, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That's lame. It's not Arms Unlimited because I ordered from them and haven't gotten a single thing.
Agreed. I ordered from arms unlimited and have not received any junk mail either. So it must be tombstone or ventura.
Old 06-25-2019, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Wellll...you live in Ventura and bought from.....Wait for it.....

Go have a chat. It's fun to have people lie to your face.
Old 06-25-2019, 3:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Wellll...you live in Ventura and bought from.....Wait for it.....

Go have a chat. It's fun to have people lie to your face.
Ventura Munitions is not located in Ventura, they are in Vegas.
Old 06-25-2019, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain82 View Post
Ventura Munitions is not located in Ventura, they are in Vegas.
Yeah, I know...I'm just bored...sorry.
Old 06-25-2019, 7:17 PM

Quote:
This was a news thread for informational purposes to help people understand what happened in California...
BAN REINSTATED AS OF 5PM PST APRIL 5TH, 2019

Summary of the request for a stay:

Bercerra went with a public safety argument to preserve the status quo:

"To effectively preserve the status quo, and to prevent a sudden influx of large capacity magazines (LCMs) into the State of California (the “State”), Defendant respectfully requests that the Court issue an immediate, temporary stay pending its ruling on the application for a stay pending appeal. Even if this Court, or the Ninth Circuit, ultimately issues a stay pending appeal, the State will suffer irreparable injury if LCMs are permitted to flow into the State in the interim. Defendant respectfully requests that such a temporary stay be issued by no later than April 2,
2019."

Becerra is already making the argument that it's legal now, and the influx of mags will be difficult for the state to deal with:

"Defendant brings this ex parte application for good cause on the ground that the State will suffer irreparable and immediate injury until a stay pending appeal is issued. California has restricted the acquisition of LCMs for nearly two decades, and until the Judgment is stayed pending appeal, individuals will be free to acquire new LCMs, and there is evidence that sales have begun already. If Section 32310 is ultimately reinstated by the Ninth Circuit, it will be difficult for the State to remove these new LCMs"
[/URL]
This is so over my head I have to come back and read this every time I wonder how the ban was re-instated. Any clue as to how long this "temporary stay" is? any next moves?
Old 06-25-2019, 9:11 PM

Prop 63 banned LCMs.
-Lawsuit filed; Judge Benitez said the ban was unconstitutional.
-State appealed to 9CA to attempt to overturn Judge Benitez’ ruling.
-Judge Benitez stayed the execution of the ruling pending appellate review by 9CA. Order to Stay Ruling.

Timeline for further action.

Process list for actions filed.

Future extrapolations:
- CA9: one year to 3-judge panel
- If upheld or overruled, expect an “en banc” hearing (one year)
- If Judge Benitez is overruled, expect a motion to maintain the stay pending appeal to SCOTUS
- If Judge Benitez is upheld, expect the State to ask for continued stay and SCOTUS certiorari.
- One year (2?) for SCOTUS to grant/deny certiorari.
- If cert is granted, add more years.

YMMV.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 06-26-2019 at 5:14 AM..
Old 06-28-2019, 7:09 PM

soooo....
Old 06-28-2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
I agree with you 100%. I try to stay "informed" but there are long delays between developments on a long list of litigation, appeals, etc. It would be nice to have a source or type of "Sit-Rep" thread (that doesn't allow useless comments). Maybe a list of pending issues with a sentence or two explaining the current status, and perhaps a link to further information. Just thinking out loud here.

I’m with you guys. It’s hard to keep track of these cases when you have to filter through 90% of crap to find the useful information.
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 06-28-2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
soooo....