Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 06-21-2011, 6:56 AM

Default USMC Female PFT...Pull Ups to start in 2012

The basic break down is this, they'll do a 70 second FAH for 70 points, take a break & then do 6 pull ups for an additional 30 points.

The Decision Paper is in the link below.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...hl5UM&hl=en_US
Old 06-21-2011, 7:06 AM

Oh, I forgot to add, it's still a recommendation at this point. We'll have to wait & see if it passes.
Old 06-21-2011, 8:21 AM

I still dont understand how a male with 20-30 years in and ready to retire has to do more ammo can lifts than a female in late teens/early 20s. Also, the concept of setting standards based on current averages rather than a projected goal seems contrary to the warrior ethos of the Corps
"There is an old song which asserts that "the best things in life are free". Not true! Utterly false! This was the tragic fallacy which brought on the decadence and collapse of the democracies of the twentieth century; those noble experiments failed because the people had been led to believe that they could simply vote for whatever they wanted… and get it, without toil, without sweat, without tears."
Old 06-21-2011, 8:59 AM

Females can not physically lift as much as a male, they have less muscle mass.
Old 06-21-2011, 3:01 PM

I've always had the opinion if women want to be treated as equals then they need to comply to the same standards.

It makes no sense that a male has to do more when they are both going to do the same job having the same physical requirements.
- David M. Bennett
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arondos View Post
I've always had the opinion if women want to be treated as equals then they need to comply to the same standards.

It makes no sense that a male has to do more when they are both going to do the same job having the same physical requirements.
Agreed. I have my opinions on WM's, but I wont get into that. But I agree with Arondos.
Old 06-22-2011, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
An 8 pound rifle weighs 8 pounds whether you are a 6 foot tall woman or 5 foot tall man.
Old 06-22-2011, 3:49 AM

They can do pull-ups with a little work.

and her name is Goldstein not Vasquez in real life
Old 06-22-2011, 4:45 PM

I couldnt do pull ups when I first came in, but low and behold after some work I can do plenty now. Females are the same way.
Old 06-22-2011, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
They need to take their *** to the gym and build some up then!
Old 06-24-2011, 6:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Haaa about time they made the wm's PFTs harder. Some of them where getting away with murder. I had three, THREE! female Marines that could do at least 15 pull ups. They would laugh when the PFT came around at the other females for not getting a 100 points on the flex arm hang.
Old 06-26-2011, 4:14 AM

About damn time.... They need to make the run times the same as well. Everyone is crying about equality, well, start with physical standards.

In the past 6 years that I've been in I can think of maybe 5 female Marines that I have met that were actually worth a ****.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

I heard they call wm's wookies now.
Old 06-26-2011, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain82 View Post
I heard they call wm's wookies now.
We've been saying wookie's for quite awhile now...
Old 06-27-2011, 9:09 PM

I had a Female company commander who could run/sit-up/pushup/pullup with the best of us.. every bit the caliber of my other company commanders... and I never got less than a 1st class pft.
Old 06-28-2011, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taladeganite View Post
I had a Female company commander who could run/sit-up/pushup/pullup with the best of us.. every bit the caliber of my other company commanders... and I never got less than a 1st class pft.
And you know, I'm sure that they are out there. The problem is, that for every locked on female Marine, there are at least 5-6 that are milking the ****ing system. Constantly on light duty, or just being cute around the right people conning their way through the enlistment. I've seen it all. We have one in our shop right now that hasn't ran a pft since damn 2009....WTF and now shes getting admin sepped out because they can't figure out wtf is wrong with her in the first place. Milking the system... I swear, don't even get me started about marine of the quarter or meritorious promotion boards...
Old 06-28-2011, 9:33 PM

Wow... *smh (shaking my head..) sounds like she needs to be assisted OUT... she's most likely bucking for a good % worth of disability, with VA med perks and a monthly check for life.
Old 06-29-2011, 9:55 AM
Veteran Member

Lol about time, now the females can start pulling their own weight. Literally
Old 06-29-2011, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Default Military

I don't have issues with women joining the service, I do have issues with the service downgrading requirements for them.

Yes there are differences between men and women, but in combat, the enemy is not going to care.

Sure women are not in "front combat" units, but we have found that we have been fighting "frontless combat".

No one is drafted into the military, the Marines are the "elite". If you don't/can't/won't meet the standards, don't join.

I myself am former US Navy. Could have been with the Marines since I was a Navy Corpsman though. All the chiefs I new during my time in the service spent alot of time with the Marines in Vietnam. Some crazy stories.

Nicki
Old 06-29-2011, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaustin612 View Post
And you know, I'm sure that they are out there. The problem is, that for every locked on female Marine, there are at least 5-6 that are milking the ****ing system. Constantly on light duty, or just being cute around the right people conning their way through the enlistment. I've seen it all. We have one in our shop right now that hasn't ran a pft since damn 2009....WTF and now shes getting admin sepped out because they can't figure out wtf is wrong with her in the first place. Milking the system... I swear, don't even get me started about marine of the quarter or meritorious promotion boards...
jaustin612 is spot on, only I think the 90/10 rule applies here. If only Marines would remember that the civilian females are so much better looking and get over WMs flirting... As for the boards 100% right as well. Earlier in my enlistment every board I went to resulted in a female victory. (insert jab here)

Like Arondos said, any job that requires physical activity should have universal testing standards. If a woman can carry my 74" and 215lbs out of a burning building (thinking firefighters), then I have no problem with it. I realize they have less muscle mass and will not be as strong as men, but it's completely irrelevant. Some men aren't physically or mentally strong enough to pass physical tests, and I don't want them either.

Final thought... Most female Marines I know do NOT PT reguarly, if at all unless forced to, yet most have 270+ PFT scores. I had to work damn hard to build up to 20 pull ups and run 3 miles under 20 minutes. I've recently seen a WM score over 270 with a 28 and change minute run time, and she looked like she was pregnant (she wasn't).

Hopefully this didn't come across as anti feminine. The issue that I'm trying to convey is the lack of equality.
Old 07-17-2011, 4:32 PM

The highest possible score you can get with a full 70 second arm hang and 100 sit ups with even a 28 flat is a 258. So there's no way she got above a 270. And if she looks pregnant she's probably over her height/weight standards which means she should be on BCP, unless her chain of command is completely not working in the proper manner.

Just saying, if you're going to complain about female Marine's and how terrible they can be, you should at least post factual information.

And if you do no believe me about the PFT score, you should probably go on your MOL and type in the scores for a female and you would see that your information is incorrect about your female Marine with her "270 and 28 + run". (even if she's 45 years-old... it's still a 258 with a 28 flat.)

Now the pull-ups, it's a good idea. I mean, what is hanging there going to do besides leave you as an open target? I understand the purpose of them. But trust me, the change isn't being considered to appease the egos of some Male Marines.
Old 07-17-2011, 6:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

looks like the military in general is changing their respective PFT's . it's about time the equal it up. the Army women get way more time for their run that a man that is over 40. that is BS the only equal thing is the situps. the Army is considering changing as well all though no new news on it lately.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-17-2011, 7:33 PM
Bring back the Lions.
CGN Contributor

http://www.fredoneverything.net/WomenInCombat.shtml