Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 05-20-2019, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15robert View Post
just remember you have to also carry it.
Only one answered this, and that was in humor. Really, with all the stockpiling some are doing, how is it all carried? Even the tough guys here can't carry all that much ammo and all. Answers?
Old 05-20-2019, 6:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baih777 View Post
Sailboat.
I would be stocking up on fishing supplies.
Supplies to repair sail.
Bringing fresh fish into port to preppers is food. They will protect you.

Sadly more probable they will kill you.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstater View Post
Only one answered this, and that was in humor. Really, with all the stockpiling some are doing, how is it all carried? Even the tough guys here can't carry all that much ammo and all. Answers?
Carry it where? If/when SHTF, I'm bugging-in. If I HAVE to leave for a few days, then two full .50cal ammo cans and my bug out guns go with me. The rest is secured at home short of it cooking off in a house fire.
Old 05-25-2019, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Yep, I have all I want. For decades, if I saw a bargain, I bought a bunch. When they threatened a per bullet tax, I bought a bunch. Gunmageddon? Loaded up. When they enacted the ban on Internet sales. Well, let's just say my UPS guy hated my guts.
I guess It's really not TEOTWAKI I worry about so much as the government messing with my rights.
I did exact same thing. I have a separate reserve stash for my main calibers that is all stored for long term. Think I did 12 bulk orders from SGAMMO in the 9 mos before the online ammo ban went into effect.

For training weekly I stick to reloading now but never dip into my 'storage stash'. Only issue is, even though live in a house, we have no basement so start running out of places to store it all. Although I do have 2 places I store outside of the house as well so all eggs aren't in one basket so to say.
Old 05-25-2019, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo399 View Post
Only issue is, even though live in a house, we have no basement so start running out of places to store it all. Although I do have 2 places I store outside of the house as well so all eggs aren't in one basket so to say.
For long term storage don't forget the attic. Just make sure it's well ventilated and not humid. I installed one of those large access panels with foldable stairs so I could easily access storage up there (not just ammo - its a good place for other storage too, just not food {too hot}).