Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-20-2018, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

Default Norinco Pistols worth collecting?

I know they aren't C&R yet but I'm starting to see various Norinco 1911 types and others popping up on auction sites I was wondering are these the are the "sleepers" that Arisakas were a few years ago.
Old 01-20-2018, 7:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'd love to have a Type 59 Makarov. As for Norinco, their rifles have a cult following but the pistols seem to fall behind. I'd love to have a 9mm Chinese Tokarev as a shooter.
Old 01-21-2018, 1:20 AM

I love Norinco firearms. I've owned a couple Norinco Toks over the years. Sold them for some reason, no idea why I would do such a thing. I do still own a "Model of the 1911" pistol though. The thing is tough as nails and would be one of the last guns I ever sell.
Old 01-21-2018, 5:11 AM
Veteran Member

Im also a fan of NORINCO firearms, they are kind of crude in appearance, but they are very tough, well built

the only reason I didnt buy the Type 59 Chinese Makarov is because it had the crude import markings, typical of NORINCO, so I got the East German MAK

now the Chinese MAK is very hard to find and sought after by collectors
Old 01-21-2018, 6:07 AM
Veteran Member

Norinco 1911 is a solid hand gun.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
Old 01-21-2018, 6:48 AM

Made of super tough steel- I had Jim hogue work on mine-
Old 01-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes. I wish I had when they were cheap chicom crap.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Why ask in calguns you are in NM we cannot get those norinco 1911s here. look at comps on 1911 aftermarket.
Old 01-21-2018, 1:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Why ask in calguns you are in NM we cannot get those norinco 1911s here. look at comps on 1911 aftermarket.

The question was presented as an inquiry as to collectability opinions. That's why I asked, doesn't matter WHERE I'm at does it? I was looking for opinions, I already know the prices.
I have faith in the opinions of those on Calguns and as a supporting/contributing member (even though I've been in Free state 10 months I STILL pay my dues to support Calguns) I figured I'd ask here as opposed to another Forum where I don't "know" anybody.

Any other questions?

Addendum: Check Carol Watsons up coming auctions right there in Anaheim if you think you can't "get those Norinco 1911's in CA", they also have one of the IJ-70 Russian Maks with adjustable sights and a Bulgarian Mak. Yeah has to be a PPT BUT they ARE available in CA one just has to look for them!
One auction I was watching a 1911 Norinco with box went for $575. Outfit in Phoenix that auctions police inventory guns (confiscated guns) has one sitting at $250 BUT it's rusty and not in very good cosmetic condition.

Last edited by aghauler; 01-21-2018 at 3:20 PM..
Old 01-22-2018, 3:12 AM

I wouldn't hesitate to grab onto a Norinco Tokarev or two. : ) And Bob Nickum was a great Man. Went to school with David and Matt : )
Old 01-22-2018, 9:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOLKERRY View Post
I wouldn't hesitate to grab onto a Norinco Tokarev or two. : ) And Bob Nickum was a great Man. Went to school with David and Matt : )
Thanks for the info will be on the lookout for the Norinco Maks as well!

Yeah Valley Farm was great place to work, you knew you did a good job if you got invited back for next harvest season. My family was in Tahoe & I lived with my in-laws in Woodland during the harvest May to the end of Oct. Because of Valley I went places in CA I never knew existed, from tomatoes in southern San Joaquin Valley to paddy rice in the northern Sacramento Valley and everything in between. The only company the president (David) ever gave me a written "anytime you need a job you have one here" in writing offer. That was even a few years AFTER I last worked for them, I stopped by the yard about 5 years ago and chatted with Dave, he still remembered me and said his Dad and he appreciated the work I did for them (when they only had 65 Tractors) and again offered a job if I wanted one. Valley Farm Transport is definitely a class act.
They have a great website now with interviews with guys I worked. I didn't know they opened yards in Bakersfield and French Camp, I just checked the website!
When I went back to hospital work I actually took care of Bobs sister in Carson City! Every time she was admitted and was my patient she'd tell me things about Valley and Bob. Nice people great compnay!
Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

I remember seeing a couple of mint Norinco M1911's on consignment in a gun store in CA for around $500 each ,

I paid around $259 retail for mine back in 1993
Old 01-22-2018, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
I remember seeing a couple of mint Norinco M1911's on consignment in a gun store in CA for around $500 each ,

I paid around $259 retail for mine back in 1993
Yeah the prices I've seen them going for are at that range or even a little higher.

FWIW I've seen no Maks of any kind or Norinco anything except a couple SKS's for sale here in ABQ so far.
Old 01-23-2018, 6:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghauler View Post
The question was presented as an inquiry as to collectability opinions. That's why I asked, doesn't matter WHERE I'm at does it? I was looking for opinions, I already know the prices.
I have faith in the opinions of those on Calguns and as a supporting/contributing member (even though I've been in Free state 10 months I STILL pay my dues to support Calguns) I figured I'd ask here as opposed to another Forum where I don't "know" anybody.

Any other questions?

Addendum: Check Carol Watsons up coming auctions right there in Anaheim if you think you can't "get those Norinco 1911's in CA", they also have one of the IJ-70 Russian Maks with adjustable sights and a Bulgarian Mak. Yeah has to be a PPT BUT they ARE available in CA one just has to look for them!
One auction I was watching a 1911 Norinco with box went for $575. Outfit in Phoenix that auctions police inventory guns (confiscated guns) has one sitting at $250 BUT it's rusty and not in very good cosmetic condition.
If it's just surface rust I'd jump on that 1911. The Norinco 1911 is known to be made from very strong steel. Many a custom gun has been built with their guns. A little surface rust will clean up easily and be ready for one of the new finishes on the market.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 01-23-2018, 7:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
If it's just surface rust I'd jump on that 1911. The Norinco 1911 is known to be made from very strong steel. Many a custom gun has been built with their guns. A little surface rust will clean up easily and be ready for one of the new finishes on the market.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks will take another look at it!

Addendum;

Crap! It sold yesterday fer $325, cheapest Norinco I've seen! Some are it the $700-$800 range on other auctions, usually with box though.

Last edited by aghauler; 01-23-2018 at 8:09 AM..
Old 01-23-2018, 9:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghauler View Post
Thanks will take another look at it!

Addendum;

Crap! It sold yesterday fer $325, cheapest Norinco I've seen! Some are it the $700-$800 range on other auctions, usually with box though.
That was a deal... Even with the auction fees and such.

They usually go for around $700+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Old 01-23-2018, 9:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
That was a deal... Even with the auction fees and such.

They usually go for around $700+
Yeah their 1911 style pistols are going up in price for sure, their M213 aren't going up that fast but they are increasing as well.

So the hunt is on!!!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Norinco = POS
Got an Ithica 37 clone in trade. You could cut yourself on any edge. 100% no deburring on any corner.
Have a little Browning auto clone I bought from Fed Ord in S El Monte in the 70s for $39 have never shot it. I'll give it to the grandson
Old 01-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
Norinco = POS
Got an Ithica 37 clone in trade. You could cut yourself on any edge. 100% no deburring on any corner.
Have a little Browning auto clone I bought from Fed Ord in S El Monte in the 70s for $39 have never shot it. I'll give it to the grandson
Yeah I wasn't impressed with a Norinco M97 riot I looked at, kinda lose fitting a little rough AND when I racked the slide it nicked my hand (M97 design issue), here is where blood thinners are no fun. Couldn't get the bleeding stopped so had to leave the store!

Looking specifically at their pistols, but prices seem to climbing pretty quickly on some models.