Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 5:56 PM

As per my above posting, their district manager, nor anyone from Turners has returned my call. Their manager blamed me for their mistake on the DROS forms.Once I go back now to pick the gun up 20 days since we did the PPT, they will have wasted aprox 6 hours of my time. Not including now going back a third time to pick the gun up(hopefully) and will have to take a number again and wait. I put 100.00 in ammo yesterday, purposely at smaller gun stores. After this awful customer service I will not do any more business with them. Incompetence at the management and upper management level. Rudimentary DROS application filled out improperly. I would not trust them after this.
Old 02-23-2018, 4:18 PM

Another day and no callback from management at Turners.
Old 02-25-2018, 1:56 PM

Still no one has returned my calls as of yet, not expecting them to. Obviously bad management from the top down. I will reach out to corporate again on Monday. At this point my efforts are only to see how they respond. I will choose wisely on where I spend my money from here on out. Small local gun shops should be supported first and foremost, if they go away and all we have is Turners, obviously their customer service will not improve.
Old 02-27-2018, 3:26 PM

The last gun I'll ever buy from Turner's in San Marcos took almost an hour and a half to complete paperwork. The store employee worked like a drunk sloth. I'll never set foot in their stores again, my time is too precious to me.
Old 03-02-2018, 6:36 PM

I did get a response 2 days ago from the District manager. He did apologize for the bad service I received in the Corona branch. My second 10 day wait is up on this Saturday and he did offer to help expedite my pickup so I was not waiting an hour or two to pick up this purchase. He was very nice and seemed genuine about his concern. The store manager was a young man and I do hope that he gets educated in customer service. In his defense customer service seems to be a thing of the past. It seems as though young people today think they don't have to be anything, like they think just showing up for the "lousy wages" is good enough....
Old 03-04-2018, 1:28 AM
Calguns Addict

I feel like doing a a good deed for those that don’t know and perform PPT’s at the West Covina store. Go across the street to Alamo Pawn. I’ve done 6 or 7 transactions there. Never more than 15 minutes and that includes around Christmas time as well.

A couple years ago, it took Turners 2-1/2 hours to complete paperwork on 2 rifles I purchased. I had all the proper info on hand as well.

For once I would love the gun counter to start and finish my paperwork without interrupting me and helping another customer in between or having a BS conversation with a coworker while I stand there and wait. If I’m “forced” to purchase from there/PPT, I always ask for a manager (black shirts). They usually do a better job.
Closed Thread