Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default WOTG Frank Proctor: Intro Pistol/Carbine, Friday Feb 22 2013

By special request, Frank Proctor will be hosting a set of public Intro classes next month! Some slots are already filled so please contact the email listed below to reserve your slot.

COURSE INFORMATION
Intro to Performance Carbine and Pistol
These are separate courses, students can attend one or both courses.
DATE: Friday, 22 February 2013
COURSE FEE: $100 per course
Morning session: Intro to Performance Carbine 0800-1200
Afternoon session: Intro to Performance Pistol 1300-1700
(12) max students each session

Valor Resource Group is hosting this event:
We would like to have the roster filled and all course payments NLT Jan. 31st. Valor requests that you mail your payment in the form of check or money order to the following address:

Payable to: “Valor Resource Group

Mailing address : Valor Resource Group , Inc
16478 Beach Blvd #343
Westminster, Ca. 92683

P.O.C.
Mustafaa Muhummed
muhummed_mustafaa AT yahoo.com

0800-1200: INTRO TO PERFORMANCE CARBINE - $100
This morning course is focused on the principles of performance shooting, applied to the carbine, and efficient techniques for running the carbine aggressively and accurately.
You will need; a carbine with sling, 2 magazines, 1 mag pouch, eye protection, ear protection, 400 rounds ammo.

1300-1700: INTRO TO PERFORMANCE PISTOL - $100
This afternoon course is focused on the principles of performance shooting, applied to pistol, and efficient techniques for running the pistol aggressively and accurately.
You will need; a pistol (Glock 19 sized or larger), Belt holster, 2 mag pouches, 3 magazines, eye protection, hearing protection, 400 rounds ammo.

ABOUT FRANK PROCTOR:
I have served over 18 years in the military, the last 11 of those in US Army Special Forces. Over the last 7 years I have trained DOD personnel in Combat Marksmanship, Close Quarters Battle, Breaching and Sniper/Observer Operations in addition to deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. During my Special Forces Career I have had the privilege to serve with and learn from many experienced and knowledgeable Special Forces Operators, I have learned from their combined years of knowledge and experience as well as my own to help me become a better operator. After a couple years as an instructor for the Special Forces Advanced Urban Combat Course, I was drawn to competitive shooting in May of 2007. My passion for shooting helped earn the rank of Grand Master in Limited division in a little over a year. I also hold a Master ranking in IDPA Stock Service Pistol. I have learned a great deal from shooting in competition that has helped me become a better tactical shooter. I bring my experiences as a Special Forces Operator, Competitive Shooter and Instructor to my courses. All those experiences combine to make me a well-rounded shooter and instructor capable of helping you achieve your goals of becoming a better shooter. My brand of shooting is performance oriented. My thoughts on that are; whether in competition or combat, the guy who scores the most points fastest wins. My courses are based off a proven methodology of understanding the Fundamentals and Principles of Performance Marksmanship, efficient techniques to manipulate the guns and move and perhaps most importantly, how to see fast. I look forward to training with you and giving you the tools to reach your goals as a shooter.

For more information, please visit: http://www.wayofthegun.us
AARs for the Intro courses: http://mytumultuousadventure.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SuperSet; 01-11-2013 at 6:39 PM.. Reason: Added AAR link
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM

Email sent.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Intro Pistol class is FULL! So, we are starting a waiting list.
Intro Carbine class only has 3 open spots left!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM

Email Sent
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM

Will any of these classes be offered on a weekend? As much as I would love to make it out to this event, that day conflicts with my schedule. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Not sure, man, since the Intro classes work best on a Friday since Saturdays and Sundays are typically reserved for the full 2-day courses.
Old 01-20-2013, 6:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Bump for the week!
Current count is 3 open spots for Intro carbine and taking waiting list for Intro pistol.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hey, just wanted to offer my sincere thanks to those who made it to the Intro classes today. It looked like everyone had fun and was able to take away some things to help them continuing improving. Hope to see you all again soon!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM

the class was awesome and extremely informative
Old 02-26-2013, 2:26 PM

Default CLASSES

HEY SUPER SET

IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND OUT WHEN THERE WILL BE CLASSES IN THE FUTURE WITH FRANK..I DID THE DECEMBER 22 CLASS AND HAVE TO SAY IT WAS GREAT!!!

THANKS
Old 02-26-2013, 2:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hey man,

Not sure when Frank will be back in SoCal so when anything starts to emerge from the horizon, I'll post something here.

BTW, if you guys haven't heard, there will be quite an amazing collaborative class with Frank Proctor, JD Potynsky and Kyle Defoor at his facility in AL and then again at the Sig Academy. I'd urge anyone in the area to take advantage of this unique opportunity to train with the industry's best trainers, all in one place!
Old 02-27-2013, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSet View Post
Hey man,

Not sure when Frank will be back in SoCal so when anything starts to emerge from the horizon, I'll post something here.

BTW, if you guys haven't heard, there will be quite an amazing collaborative class with Frank Proctor, JD Potynsky and Kyle Defoor at his facility in AL and then again at the Sig Academy. I'd urge anyone in the area to take advantage of this unique opportunity to train with the industry's best trainers, all in one place!
Why are all the good stuff happening outside of CA???

"Somewhere, Something Incredible is Waiting to be Known" -Carl Sagan

"We don’t rise to the level of our expectations – we fall to the level of our training” -Archilochus, Greek Soldier
Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiescanlearn View Post
Why are all the good stuff happening outside of CA???
I think that if all the proposed new California laws are passed there will be even fewer firearms trainers traveling to CA as well as making it tougher for us to gather ammo and shoot AR rifles.

The first Frank Proctor/Kyle Defoor/JD Potynsky Dreamshot I course will be in Alabama which is Frank's home state/range.

From The Way of the Gun Facebook page:

Quote:
If the inaugural event is successful, we might just take this thing on tour so that we can reach folks closer to their own, respective, 'gun friendly' regions of the US. The proof will be in the initial event, and we will have to fill those rosters in order for all parties to sign on for follow-on venues. If we don't, the concept will probably die on the vine. We understand that ammunition prices are driving the train right now, and we intend for this to be something that is worthwhile, and hosted in a gun-friendly state which will allow for folks to travel there legally, and with confidence. We also wish to showcase the talents of Frank, Kyle, and JD so that students might train with them again in the future, once back at home station. People are frustrated with the industry right now, and they are frustrated with a lot of things. We wish for this to be a bright light on the horizon, at least as far as we can control it. We as the law-abiding, training community, are not the problem. Believe that. Together we stand. More to follow...
Old 02-27-2013, 9:56 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Dude, I'm trying to make that AL class work but work/travel schedule will be difficult. Completely awesome class, it will be.
Old 03-09-2013, 2:00 PM

Do you have any future dates in So Cal?
Old 03-09-2013, 3:11 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joash View Post
Do you have any future dates in So Cal?
Oh hey man, no idea yet as his calendar is booked up with other locations for a while. I'll post here when another SoCal date is known.