Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-13-2015, 1:22 PM

BigSig - I sure hope so, at this point I just want a yes or a no. The anticipation is gonna kill me
Old 02-14-2015, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversubie View Post
BigSig - I sure hope so, at this point I just want a yes or a no. The anticipation is gonna kill me

just give it time. think about something else. as long you don't get denied then you still have the chance. when was your interview, did you have any contact ? if it help you any I'm waiting since 4/23 and my hope are still high.
Old 02-14-2015, 6:34 PM

May 13th first interview and still waiting. just hit my 9 month mark. Got a call on jan 29th asking questions about knowing a few people. I have never heard of any of the names I was asked about. Later that day I got a message from my boss at work and they also called my work asking questions about me. Never had any trouble with the law (only two speeding tickets. one since has dropped off from the 5 year mark). Friend applied same day and was approved over a month ago. Still have my fingers crossed and CONGRATS TO SLIPKNOT!
Old 02-14-2015, 7:38 PM

I see some of you saying " I emailed my investigators" how did you acquire the email address?

I applied in oct.
Old 02-14-2015, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelbomb View Post
I see some of you saying " I emailed my investigators" how did you acquire the email address?

I applied in oct.
You probably have a long way to go before being contacted. Average turn around is about 9 months. I wouldn't waste your's or the investigator's time reaching out this early in the game.

Be patient and you will get your permit.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:34 AM

MBZ DR - Yikes, 4/23?!? Haven't people from June been getting approved already?! That sounds like they are not following chronological order
Old 02-15-2015, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversubie View Post
MBZ DR - Yikes, 4/23?!? Haven't people from June been getting approved already?! That sounds like they are not following chronological order
No they are not, and nothing can be done about it.
Some people are clean and have nothing in the background check so they get moved fast, others are delayed while they are investigating the number of incidents they get back on the background check.
Also unlike other Police or Sheriff department this county the Sheriff review every file himself and sign the permit adding to the delay one example is my case. So in a way I do understand why this department is taking so long. Is it wright? I'm not sure but this is California after all and this is a county that is or "was" at one point in time a no issue for self protection.

I think it is best to be patient and hope that all of us that are allowed to own a firearm and are not crazy get approved and get the privilege of having the permit

I wonder if any one been waiting longer than me? any one ? I doubt it.
Old 02-15-2015, 9:28 AM

It sounds like being self employed makes it easier
Old 02-15-2015, 4:50 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSig View Post
It sounds like being self employed makes it easier
Not really. I'm self employed and what hung my application up was I wanted the option to carry while I work in certain circumstances. With an employers cut and dried policy it is either yes or no making the decision easier. I was honest and consistent in stating my intentions all along.

Applied/interviewed May 5 2014
First contact by email by investigator January 26
Follow up email January 29
Called with approval February 10

Every contact was courteous with simple questions. Hang in there folks.

Proud member of the 2016 California Quitters Club
Old 02-16-2015, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
You probably have a long way to go before being contacted. Average turn around is about 9 months. I wouldn't waste your's or the investigator's time reaching out this early in the game.

Be patient and you will get your permit.
Yeah I realize that and I have had contact with the local office, I know the time frames. My question is how emails were exchanged.
Old 02-16-2015, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah I realize that and I have had contact with the local office, I know the time frames. My question is how emails were exchanged.
Your assigned investigator will email you when he has questions.
Old 02-17-2015, 8:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I finally picked up the phone for my first in-person interview with the Professional Standards Division, which is May 2nd, but I forgot to ask where to go (lol). I didn't see this in a sticky, but what are some things I can check for myself about my background that they may check? I don't want to forget anything to hinder this, or appear dishonest if I forget something. The irony is that they seem to be asking for way more than my Gov background checks do. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2015, 8:41 AM

Read the DOJ form, it will tell you what to list how ever many years back, ie 7 years I think. You can be approximate on tickets as long as you provide as many details as you can remember like where the ticket was issued, issuing agency and county. Just list all within the time frame asked for on the form. Same info applies for arrests and convictions. Technically, you can go to the CHP, county SO, PD'a and pay for a copy of records for tickets & arrests. They also will see general police contacts as in times someone called the cops on you and times you called on someone or something else.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkody View Post
Read the DOJ form, it will tell you what to list how ever many years back, ie 7 years I think. You can be approximate on tickets as long as you provide as many details as you can remember like where the ticket was issued, issuing agency and county. Just list all within the time frame asked for on the form. Same info applies for arrests and convictions. Technically, you can go to the CHP, county SO, PD'a and pay for a copy of records for tickets & arrests. They also will see general police contacts as in times someone called the cops on you and times you called on someone or something else.
Thanks. I was getting worried when reading about some people discussing 30 years of history. I can't remember what I did when I was 10 years old!
Old 02-17-2015, 2:29 PM

Is your first appointment to drop off you application etc. May 2nd or is that when you first applied in 2014?
Old 02-17-2015, 5:21 PM

If you have arrests back 30 years ago, be prepared to discuss. I had 1 ticket 5 years ago and listed it but when they called me last week, they brought up 1 that was 11 years ago.
Old 02-17-2015, 5:23 PM

Approved!!!!! Got the call while I was at work. Picking up tomorrow.

6/18 interview
2/11 1st contact
Approved today!
Old 02-17-2015, 6:43 PM

Congrats...
Old 02-17-2015, 8:32 PM

7 months and three weeks, not bad.
Old 02-18-2015, 9:15 AM

Picked up today, no restrictions.
Old 02-18-2015, 8:28 PM

Initial interview 06/17/15, call from Sheriff last week, 3 different times, called me with approval today!!
Old 02-19-2015, 5:07 AM

Approved!!!! 0 restrictions. Picked up my permit yesterday. May 13th interview date. Thanks for all the help and useful info in this thread Goodluck to All those still waiting. 9 months and 5 days from start to finish!
Old 02-19-2015, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSig View Post
They are processing June 18th interviews now. That's progress.
Slooowwww... but still progress
If the US 1st amendment were treated like the 2nd amendment by US politicians, we will need a license to speak in public, need a background check to buy a book, and can only buy one every 30 days. They say the pen is mightier than the sword, yet the sword is the most regulated part of the constitution.
Old 02-19-2015, 9:56 AM

Where is the class actually held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootslikeagirl View Post
Also I would feel remiss in not sharing to those currently mid stream in this process. My husband and I highly recommend Weapons Training School (http://www.weaponstrainingschool.com/). John & Tami Popke are fantastic. Highly informative and they made the class actually fun to take. They also provide the Utah CCW class as well. My husband and I have taken multiple classes from them over the last few years. Highly recommend them to anyone still trying to decide where to take their course.
If the US 1st amendment were treated like the 2nd amendment by US politicians, we will need a license to speak in public, need a background check to buy a book, and can only buy one every 30 days. They say the pen is mightier than the sword, yet the sword is the most regulated part of the constitution.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:05 AM

My investigator gave me his business card during my initial interview. He wanted me to email him our company's weapons policy.

Quote:

I applied in oct.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bst1208 View Post
Where is the class actually held?
WTS holds their CCW classes at the Mother Lode Gun Club in Jamestown. They have land out on LaGrange Rd. where they do some of the advanced training as well.

And congrats to those recent approvals! Patience pays....
Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 PM

It's pretty irritating this process seeing people from June get approved when I had mine may 28th they need to do this in order. Happy people are getting them I just want mine. Lol
Old 02-19-2015, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter.45 View Post
It's pretty irritating this process seeing people from June get approved when I had mine may 28th they need to do this in order. Happy people are getting them I just want mine. Lol
I know your frustration. My wife went in a week after me and got approved 2 months before me.

I know it doesn't help much, but be patient and it will come.
Old 02-19-2015, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
I know your frustration. My wife went in a week after me and got approved 2 months before me.

I know it doesn't help much, but be patient and it will come.
I hope you are right.... over 2 week since I sat down with the sheriff. .

Congrats to all the newly approved.
Old 02-19-2015, 9:44 PM

mbz dr did the Sherrif give you any time line for his decision ?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:28 PM

He didn't give me one when I sat with him. I heard one week later the other I know of who met with him heard two weeks later
Old 02-20-2015, 7:20 AM

Four months today... nada

Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 02-20-2015, 7:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Approved!!!!! Got the call while I was at work. Picking up tomorrow.

6/18 interview
2/11 1st contact
Approved today!
Congrats!

Old 02-20-2015, 8:07 AM

Got the call today!!! Applied may 28th first contact app feb 10th approved today! Now to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday for pick up!!
Old 02-20-2015, 1:35 PM

We were seeing June applicants posting and now I see mostly May getting approved. What I would really like to see is a July applicant blog about contact from the S/O. Anybody?
Old 02-20-2015, 8:01 PM

Called in to check on update and was told nothing to update. People who interview over 2 months after my interview are being approved yet my file set on the back back back burner for some particular reason the sheriff see. Any how, congratulations to all that got approved. Im still hopeful some time I will say I got the call..
Old 02-24-2015, 7:02 AM

My check I wrote finally cleared 2 days shy of a full month, I guess they are slow at everything
Old 02-24-2015, 7:40 AM

So been thinking bout getting my CCW but would like some info first. I've skimmed through the threads as best I could. There's a lot of pages here.
I am currently a private contractor doing bird abatement and I travel a lot and stay in areas that arnt the best and would feel a lot safer being able to carry.

My questions are, what would be things that would not allow them to grant you a CCW? I've had a DUI and a driving on a suspended license ( that I didn't know was suspended) about 8 years ago. I know I have at least 1 speeding ticket on my record still. I just went to purchase a M&P shield 9mm on Sunday got a call yesterday saying that DOJ denied it due to DMV issue called DMV turns out it was a child support issue. Call them turns out that my employer was holding my child support since November and just sent a huge payment in January and child support had put a hold on my license which they didn't release when they got paid. Long story short they released it yesterday now I have to wait 10 business days for it to process to DMV and go pay them a reinstatement fee and then go pay the store another 25 for the DOJ check is that something that would effect my permit application? The suspension 8 years ago was also a child support issue. For some reason they were suspending my license every 6 months even though they were getting paid.
I'd hate to start the process and spend the money to just get disqualified right off the start. So any info would be apreciated.
Old 02-24-2015, 8:46 AM

In my opinion, they will probably deny you based on good moral character. They will not look favorably in regards to the DUI but failure to pay child support to the point that DMV places a restriction on your license is not good. Not knowing your license is suspended is not going to be a valid excuse to them and ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure your employer is paying the garnishment in time. The best bet if you choose to apply is to have supporting documentation from your employer, paycheck stubs indicating your employer withheld the payments from your check but did not pay the government as they should have. Good luck to you.
Old 02-24-2015, 9:43 AM

Quote:
In my opinion, they will probably deny you based on good moral character. They will not look favorably in regards to the DUI but failure to pay child support to the point that DMV places a restriction on your license is not good. Not knowing your license is suspended is not going to be a valid excuse to them and ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure your employer is paying the garnishment in time. The best bet if you choose to apply is to have supporting documentation from your employer, paycheck stubs indicating your employer withheld the payments from your check but did not pay the government as they should have. Good luck to you.
that's what I figured. I always paid my child support but for a length of a year child support it self for some reason would suspend my license every 6 months I had to always go in and each time they said they corrected the problem which it wasn't, it was a error on they're side something in the computer system they said. The only time it's been suspended due to not receiving payment was just recently and that was due to employer error. Figured that DUI would make it a no go as well, how long does that show up? It's off of my driving record or would I have to get that expunged via a lawyer? Thanks for the response.