Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-25-2010, 8:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1026 View Post
Brandon I live in Ripon. Should I apply to local PD or SJSO?
SJSO please.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Left a message for Sgt. Palmer this morning and he proptly returned my call. He was helpful, and very courteous. Scheduling my appointment was completely hassle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
Left a message for Sgt. Palmer this morning and he proptly returned my call. He was helpful, and very courteous. Scheduling my appointment was completely hassle free.
he seems to be a very great person,
Old 12-07-2010, 5:46 PM

My 90 day clock started today, I'll keep you guys posted...
Old 12-07-2010, 7:15 PM

I have a meeting with Sgt Palmer tomorrow at 1500
Old 12-07-2010, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

lucky sob's
Old 12-07-2010, 7:54 PM

now we just wait!
Old 12-13-2010, 2:45 PM

Default DOJ paperwork has returned to the Sheriff's Office

The DOJ paperwork for the "first round" of CalGuns applications (mine is one) has come back to the Sheriff's office. The Sheriff should have a dozen or so applications on his desk later today. . .
Old 12-13-2010, 5:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgutterres View Post
The DOJ paperwork for the "first round" of CalGuns applications (mine is one) has come back to the Sheriff's office. The Sheriff should have a dozen or so applications on his desk later today. . .
What is the cutoff date for the "first round"? I submitted CCW app/livescan on 11/30.

When I got my COE, the cert came in the mail after 2 weeks, so I'm guessing my results may be in. I sure hope I make the first wave, as there is likely to be a crapload of apps in by now.

ETA* just checked the automated line (916-227-4557) and found out my DOJ processed 11/30, and the FBI 12/2.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

Last edited by JagerTroop; 12-13-2010 at 5:59 PM..
Old 12-13-2010, 6:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm 99% you're in the first wave.

Quote:
What is the cutoff date for the "first round"? I submitted CCW app/livescan on 11/30.

When I got my COE, the cert came in the mail after 2 weeks, so I'm guessing my results may be in. I sure hope I make the first wave, as there is likely to be a crapload of apps in by now.

ETA* just checked the automated line (916-227-4557) and found out my DOJ processed 11/30, and the FBI 12/2.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-13-2010, 7:02 PM

I'm guessing I'm in the first round as well 12-1?

Edit: I'm not in the first wave,

Last edited by Nor-Cal; 12-15-2010 at 7:15 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 7:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Most likely yes.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-14-2010, 9:46 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just got a call from Sgt. Palmer this morning. He wanted some clarification on a couple things for the cover letter he was putting with my application for the sheriff. He has been very helpful and pleasant to work with. He said hopefully I would know in another week or so.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:55 PM

Can you please PM me with an email address to send my scans and a contact number I can call to speak with ... What is done with scans? How is it used? Thanks!
Old 12-14-2010, 1:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
Just got a call from Sgt. Palmer this morning. He wanted some clarification on a couple things for the cover letter he was putting with my application for the sheriff. He has been very helpful and pleasant to work with. He said hopefully I would know in another week or so.
By "would know in another week", does he mean whether or not you've been approved? Wow, that's quick.

When did you submit your app?

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 AM

I used to work as a LEO for the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Department. Your assessments of Sgt. John Palmer are right on; he is a very good man.

I'm glad to see you all applying for your CCW's. When you get to the point of needing a course, give me an e-mail or a call (209-401-0907). I'm always excited to help good people get their gun permits.

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-16-2010, 3:10 PM

Default Application submitted!

I met with Sgt. Palmer today, and turned in my application. He said I may hear back in 3 or 4 weeks. Sgt. Palmer was a pleasure to work with, a real stand up guy...very friendly, helpful, and professional.

Freedom isn't free.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
By "would know in another week", does he mean whether or not you've been approved? Wow, that's quick.

When did you submit your app?
Yes, you are correct. He meant that hopefully I would know when I am approved at that time. I applied November 23rd.

Old 12-29-2010, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
Yes, you are correct. He meant that hopefully I would know when I am approved at that time. I applied November 23rd.
Did you end up getting your approval?

Has anyone heard anything recently? I applied on 12/7, so I'm a little later than some of you, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Old 12-29-2010, 4:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
Did you end up getting your approval?

Has anyone heard anything recently? I applied on 12/7, so I'm a little later than some of you, but I haven't heard anything yet.
I haven’t heard boo from them since the call I mentioned above on the 14th.

It has dragged out so long that it will not really matter if I find out today or in a month and a half. I am getting so booked up that I will be lucky if I have time to get my class until after my wedding in February. And even after that it will be difficult because I will be newly married and we will have just bought a house with acreage and about half a mile of fence line that needs some mending before I can put spring lambs and a steer on it… and all the other crap that is going on… ok I will shut up and stop ranting… I just wish I had known a couple weeks ago… it would have been a lot easier.

Old 12-29-2010, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I'm getting a bit antsy too. Tomorrow is 30 days for me, and I haven't heard word one. I know they're slammed with applications, but you would think they would process them in smaller groups. It seems like they are letting them pile up, pushing the 90 day limit, then process a bunch all at once.

Eta: I can't see a reason for the hold up, other than volume, but this should be a 'first come first served' type thing. I mean, both my state and federal BG checks came back within 3 days. This better pay off in the end.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by JagerTroop; 12-29-2010 at 9:30 PM..
Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Keep in mind a few things:

1. They know that we're running a drill. We're not hiding it.

2. They know what we want from them. We're not hiding it.

3. The Sheriff has some very serious constitutional issues, as well as statutory issues, to address *very soon*. Their moves will be very carefully calculated from here on out, because we're playing chess, not checkers.

4. The Sheriff knows (or has been advised) that the risk is less to delay - even inappropriately - than make a mistake and create additional exposure.

5. The Sheriff knows that they have the greater of 30 days from receipt of the DOJ's PC 12052 report, or 90 days from the initial application, to make a determination - and that we're paying close attention (with a hammer in hand).

Let's allow everyone to resume normal operations after the holidays and see where we stand.

-Brandon

Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM

Hello, I am new to this site but have been reading everything I can. I am from Lodi and would like to try and get my CCW. I'm a firefighter, manage a vineyard, hunt/fish, and shoot at the range quite often.

I looked at the link posted above showing the good causes used in SJ. Are these good causes from people that were actually accepted? Some of them seem to be very childish with terrible spelling as well as not making sense.

Has anyone received a CCW from Sheriff Moore? I would love to carry again "when I lived in AZ I was allowed." Defiantly made me feel much more comfortable doing every day/night activities.

Thank you for the help. Its time to start "the process" so would the first step be to call the S.O. and make an appointment?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Welcome!

Yes, everything you are reading is directly from applications approved by the current Sheriff (Moore).

Sheriff Moore does issue CCWs, though apparently not using any consistent method of determining "good cause" and "good moral character", among other process-related issues. If you'd like to apply, PM me your name, email address, and phone number and I will send you specific instructions on how to proceed.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
Hello, I am new to this site but have been reading everything I can. I am from Lodi and would like to try and get my CCW. I'm a firefighter, manage a vineyard, hunt/fish, and shoot at the range quite often.

I looked at the link posted above showing the good causes used in SJ. Are these good causes from people that were actually accepted? Some of them seem to be very childish with terrible spelling as well as not making sense.

Has anyone received a CCW from Sheriff Moore? I would love to carry again "when I lived in AZ I was allowed." Defiantly made me feel much more comfortable doing every day/night activities.

Thank you for the help. Its time to start "the process" so would the first step be to call the S.O. and make an appointment?

Old 12-30-2010, 4:23 PM

I heard from a reliable source that as of the first week of December, there was already a huge stack of applications on the Sherriff's desk, and that several had already gone past their 90 days. That's why I was surprised to see that some of you were told that you would get an answer in as little as 2 weeks...
Old 12-30-2010, 8:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
I heard from a reliable source that as of the first week of December, there was already a huge stack of applications on the Sherriff's desk, and that several had already gone past their 90 days. That's why I was surprised to see that some of you were told that you would get an answer in as little as 2 weeks...
Trust that the County Counsel, Board of Supervisors, and Sheriff are very intimately aware of how expensive that stack of applications the Sheriff decided not to process will be for them if they do not immediately comply with the law, and our Constitution.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Calguns Addict

you just have to enjoy this

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 AM

I am ready to apply for my CCW. I sent my info to you Brandon. I could use all the help I can get to hopefully pass this the first time. I want to be prepared and not caught off guard.

Is my first step to go down to the SO office and pick up the application? What can I expect when I go to pick up the application. Do I need to have my good cause ready at that time?
Old 01-03-2011, 2:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Please be patient; the holidays have delays my response to you and a few others (yes, even volunteers occasionally celebrate with family).

Quote:
I am ready to apply for my CCW. I sent my info to you Brandon. I could use all the help I can get to hopefully pass this the first time. I want to be prepared and not caught off guard.

Is my first step to go down to the SO office and pick up the application? What can I expect when I go to pick up the application. Do I need to have my good cause ready at that time?

Old 01-03-2011, 7:44 PM

Not a problem Sent you my info as well, whenever you have the chance, I'm in the same boat as torquen.

- Mark
Old 01-05-2011, 6:22 PM
Veteran Member

Tic toc tic toc
IDPA Member
Old 01-05-2011, 7:54 PM

Wink

time is slowly running out!
Old 01-11-2011, 5:48 AM

(theme from Jeopardy playing softly in background)...Just past 30 days and still waiting patiently....

Has anybody heard anything???
Old 01-11-2011, 6:20 AM
Veteran Member

Its been over 40 days for me... no word yet. Anyone else?

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM

40+ days still waiting like brandon said sheriff knows how expensive thoes applications will be after the 90 days!
Old 01-11-2011, 1:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Remember, the Sheriff has the later of the following to respond:

Application date + 90 days
Receipt of DOJ PC 12052 report + 30 days

Methinks he'll need them all...

Old 01-11-2011, 4:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Remember, the Sheriff has the later of the following to respond:

Application date + 90 days
Receipt of DOJ PC 12052 report + 30 days

Methinks he'll need them all...
I'm going to assume that everyone else got their DOJ report back in a timely manner, just as I did. Mine was the same day as the scan. Being that the DOJ seems to be on the ball (for once), it seems we're all looking at the better part of 90 days.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 5:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I'm going to assume that everyone else got their DOJ report back in a timely manner, just as I did. Mine was the same day as the scan. Being that the DOJ seems to be on the ball (for once), it seems we're all looking at the better part of 90 days.
I think you should expect 2-6 weeks from now.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Is now a good time to apply or should I wait? Could defiantly use some advice on each step of the process so I don't look like a deer in headlights. First step is to go down to the Sheriff office and pick up an application correct? Do I need to have any information or my good cause at this time? Do I need to bring any documents or forms of payment? Do I need to make an appointment to pick up an application? Thanks for the info.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Is now a good time to apply or should I wait? Could defiantly use some advice on each step of the process so I don't look like a deer in headlights. First step is to go down to the Sheriff office and pick up an application correct? Do I need to have any information or my good cause at this time? Do I need to bring any documents or forms of payment? Do I need to make an appointment to pick up an application? Thanks for the info.
Contact Wildhawker bfore you proceed. He will guide you.

Quote:
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Quote: