Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation Sacramento

UPDATE: The sheriff now accepts "self-defense" as sufficient Good Cause. At the top of the sheriff's "Concealed Weapons Permit and Application Process" .pdf document (available via: http://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Orga.../SIIB/CCW.aspx), is the following:

Self-defense may be considered good cause for the issuance of a permit, however, each application is unique and the Sheriff retains the ability to deny permit applications where it appears that doing so is in the interest of public safety.

Sacramento County CCW Policy, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here

Quote:
Special Investigations/Intelligence Bureau
Concealed Weapons Permit Information
916.874.5371 Office Phone
916.874.5858 Fax
Email ccw@sacsheriff.com

To get a new CCW Permit within Sacramento County:

Step 1 - Review the Policies and Procedures for Issuance of a Concealed Weapons Permit within Sacramento County. This document will give you the criteria and information needed for issuance of a CCW. [View Policies and Procedures]

Step 2 - Download and complete the CCW Application. [Download CCW Application] (Please leave pages 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14 blank. These are completed during your appointment.)
After you have completed the application, schedule a "New Concealed Weapons Permit Application" appointment via our online appointment system. [Online Appointment System]

Step 3 - During your "New Concealed Weapons Permit Application" appointment, you will be meeting with a Sheriff's Detective for a face to face interview and to review your application. For this appointment, you will need to bring your completed CCW Application, government issued identification and a check or money order for $20 made payable to "County of Sacramento" for your filing fee. After your application is submitted, it is reviewed by three Command level staff for approval or denial.

Step 4 - You will receive notification, generally within 30 days, if your application for a Concealed Weapons Permit has been approved or denied. If you are denied, you can review the appeals process below if you want to appeal the board's decision. If your application was approved, you will also receive a Department of Justice (DOJ) LiveScan form and LiveScan instructions. DOJ processes your fingerprints and notifies the Sheriff's Department of your clearance to carry a CCW permit. DOJ charges a fee of approximately $122 for the fingerprinting, criminal history check and firearms eligibility letter. The DOJ clearance usually takes 30-90 days. During this waiting time, its recommended that you take any necessary training requirements. [See Training Requirements]
Step 5 - You will be notified by the Sheriff's Department via mail when we receive your DOJ clearance. After you receive the notification of clearance, you need to schedule a "Concealed Weapons Permit Issuance" appointment via our online appointment system. [Online Appointment System]

Step 6 - During your "Concealed Weapons Permit Issuance" appointment, you will need to turn in all of your training requirements, a check or money order for $80 payable to "County of Sacramento" and sign the final permit documents. After this is completed, you will receive your permit in the mail within 2-4 weeks.

To renew your CCW Permit every two years:

Step 1 - Schedule a "Renew Concealed Weapons Permit" appointment via our online appointment system. [Online Appointment System]

Step 2 - During your "Renew Concealed Weapons Permit" appointment, you will need to turn in all of your training requirements, a check or money order for $52 payable to "Department of Justice" and a check or money order for $25 payable to "County of Sacramento" for your renewal fees.

Overview of training requirements required to obtain or renew a CCW Permit in Sacramento County:

New CCW Permits - 16-hour training course that including instruction on firearm safety and the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm. Qualify on each gun you want listed on your CCW Permit.*

CCW Permit Renewals (every 2 years) - Prior to renewal, complete at least a 4-hour legal firearms update refresher course. Qualify on each gun you want listed on your CCW Permit.*

Annual Qualifications - You must annually qualify with the weapons(s)/type(s) listed on your permit. If you want to add or remove weapons from your permit, a qualification is required all the weapons you want on the permit and you will need to schedule a "Concealed Weapons Permit Modification" appointment via our online appointment system. [Online Appointment System]*

*Contact any local firearms range or security academy within Sacramento County to complete the training requirements and/or weapons qualifications.

If you need to modify any information on your CCW Permit:

If you are moving, you have 10 days after you move to modify your CCW Permit with your new address. To modify your permit or update your address, you will need to schedule a "Concealed Weapons Permit Modification" appointment via our online appointment system. [Online Appointment System]

Overview of the Application Appeals Process:

All applicants will receive notice in writing regarding the approval or denial of their application. Applicants who are denied a concealed weapons permit will be advised of the reason for the denial. Applicants may appeal if their application for a permit is denied. All appeals must be submitted in writing to:

Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department
Attention: Gun Permits
711 G Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Written appeals should be specific, clearly outlining the applicant’s rebuttal to the reason stated for denial. Additional information, which may be pertinent to the applicants request for a permit should also be included. Note: Appeals must be received by the Sheriff’s Department no later than (30) thirty days from the date of the notification letter.
Automated phone system for LiveScan updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
One more resource, re: Live Scan. If you don't get the Live Scan results in seven days, you can check the status by calling the automated number at the top of the page at http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/contactus.php (916-227-4557). Option 1 explains that letters get entered as displayed on your phone keypad but are repeated back as numbers to be confirmed. I checked my information about 12 hours after having my prints taken (just to see how the system worked), and they reported no status information existed for me. Pretty much as expected.

Also, when you get your Live Scan number done, your ATI number is written down by the SSD officer at the bottom of the page. One member told me that when his was done the number was written down incorrectly, leaving out some digits. It should be a letter followed by three numbers, three more letters, and then three more numbers. You might want to check for that when having your Live Scan performed.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-12-2014 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: added LiveScan Automated Phone System info; added alert symbol since SD=GC
Old 10-19-2010, 6:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

EDIT: As of December 2010, the links I had posted here are no longer valid. Please refer to current information in the post above.

As many of us have learned firsthand, the required separate good cause statement for Sacramento just needs to list "self defense" (i.e., "I wish to obtain a permit in order that I may carry a concealed handgun for self defense.")

As of December 2010, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department is now scheduling appointments for CCW matters online at http://sacsheriff.checkappointments.com/

According to reports from a couple of recent applicants, you don't need to list your handgun(s) expected to be carried at the time you apply. You can provide that information when you qualify. See:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
Amber wrote to me that she doesn't need any guns listed on the original application when you drop it off. I quote her (I'm sure she wouldn't mind):

"That’s just to fill in if you have an idea of what you plan on carrying. If you’re not sure, leave it blank. I don’t require specific weapon information unless you are approved for the permit. At which time you’re required to take the training course and fire with the weapons to be listed.. Up until then you can leave that section blank if you wish."

One member had reported that the SSD was going to start charging $25 for modifications beginning 2/1/2011. However, according to a message received from another member on 12/12/2012 this fee is actually $10.

Edit 10/4/2011: SSD has implemented a policy requiring that the instructor initial off on your qualification certification that they verified the serial numbers of the weapons you qualified with. See http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=863

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-12-2012 at 8:25 PM.. Reason: Edited modification fee cost 12/12/12.
Old 10-19-2010, 6:19 PM

FYI first two links don't work for me.
Old 10-19-2010, 6:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

fixed, thanks
EDIT: Links are no longer valid as of December 2010

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-19-2010 at 7:52 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 6:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

One thing that wasn't clear to me when I got started is if I was supposed to obtain my training before applying. No, wait until you're approved or at least close to expecting to be approved. Reportedly, the training certificate must be less than 90 days old when you go in for your permit after being approved.

Some sources for CCW training I had checked or heard from others about (in alphabetical order of URLs):

http://www.advancedsecurityinstitute.com/ Initial: BSIS / CCW 16-Hr Class: $110

http://casecuritytraining.com/ $90 for 2 day course plus $10 for each addition handgun. $20 for 50-round bags of ammo.

http://lfiguns.com/ Wesley Lagomarsino has CCW classes for several counties as well as Utah, Oregon, Virginia, etc. Normal fee is $200 but Wes discounts all referrals, Calguns members, NRA members, Military personnel, etc. to $175.

http://www.resolutesg.com/services/p...d-use-of-force Resolute Security Group, Defensive Pistol and Use of Force class taught by John Souza to meet CCW requirements. Fee is $250.

http://sacvalley.org/ Sacramento Valley Shooting Center has been offering classes. I believe the cost is $250 and more information should be available when a new page is added to their web site (look for a tab at the top titled "Training") which will probably get uploaded on 2/3/2011. The next training class as of this writing is on 2/19-2/20.

http://www.universalsecurityacademy.com/index.htm $110 (used to offer $10 discount to CalGuns members, but not any longer per sasc40cal - worth reading for review feedback). $10 is charged for each additional handgun after the first handgun.

http://www.yankeeshooter.com/ $215 with free annual requalifications.

If there are others that should be added here, please send me a PM and I'll add it.

Last edited by harbinger007; 02-02-2011 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Added more training options, list is still not complete...
Old 10-19-2010, 7:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

To turn in your permit you need to go to the Sheriff's office at 711 G Street. For those not very familiar with downtown Sacramento, here is a link to a Google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...05509&t=h&z=18

The entrance is on the south side of the building, maybe 50 feet or so east of the intersection. Parking in the parking lot across the street (entrance about across from the entrance to the office) is a few bucks. There is also some street parking right across the street. Your entire visit may only last 15 minutes so it won't cost much for parking.

You're supposedly supposed to bring a second form of ID and a car registration works for that, though they didn't ask for mine.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

CCWs issued by SSD up until September 2010 or so were restricted and invalid within 1,000 feet of a school zone and their procedures posted online up until December still indicated that CCWs issued followed this policy. However, that policy was changed in practice in October 2010 and the SSD communicated this all existing permit holders via a letter dated October 5th, a copy of which is located in another discussion thread at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4&postcount=44 For a good copy of said, letter, please refer to the pdf linked in Gene's post at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8&postcount=61.

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-19-2010 at 4:15 PM.. Reason: Edited wording to reflect SSD online policy change in December 2010
Old 10-21-2010, 7:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Someone asked me to summarize the costs associated with obtaining a CCW, so I'll list them here:

$20 due with submission of application (cashier's check or money order) [as of May 2012, personal checks no longer accepted)

$122 due for LiveScan after receiving approval letter (money order or credit card)

$90-$175 (or more?) for CCW training by approved instructor (no complete list seems to exist of approved instructors that I'm aware of)

$80 due after completing above and turning in LiveScan and training certificate/range qualification to Amber (I'm not yet sure what forms of payment are accepted as I'm not that far along myself)

Last edited by harbinger007; 11-20-2012 at 4:21 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
One thing that wasn't clear to me when I got started is if I was supposed to obtain my training before applying. No, wait until you're approved or at least close to expecting to be approved. Reportedly, the training certificate must be less than 90 days old when you go in for your permit after being approved.

Some sources for CCW training I had checked out:

http://www.yankeeshooter.com/ $175 with free annual requalifications

http://www.advancedsecurityinstitute.com/ Initial: BSIS / CCW 16-Hr Class: $110

http://www.universalsecurityacademy.com/index.htm $110 less $10 discount if you mention you want the CalGuns discount. $10 is charged for each additional handgun after the first handgun.

http://casecuritytraining.com/ $90 for 2 day course plus $10 for each addition handgun. $20 for 50-round bags of ammo.
this is the first time Ive seen this 90 day rule, does anyone have any more info?
Old 10-21-2010, 4:52 PM

I set up an appointment did I have to do that or could I just go there to drop it off.
Old 10-21-2010, 5:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar0716 View Post
I set up an appointment did I have to do that or could I just go there to drop it off.
AFAIK, currently you must make an appointment. That may change...
Old 10-21-2010, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Someone asked me to summarize the costs associated with obtaining a CCW, so I'll list them here:

$20 due with submission of application (check or money order)

$122 due for LiveScan after receiving approval letter (money order or credit card)

$90-$175 (or more?) for CCW training by approved instructor (no complete list seems to exist of approved instructors that I'm aware of)

$80 due after completing above and turning in LiveScan and training certificate/range qualification to Amber (I'm not yet sure what forms of payment are accepted as I'm not that far along myself)
So about $500 to exercise your Constitutional right. Wonder if that's what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they said "...shall not be infringed".

Seems the requirements are to better protect society (insuring someone that should not get a permit doesn't, making sure the person has some training and knowledge, etc) than the permit holder and therefor the burden should be on the people and not the person.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Daniels View Post
So about $500 to exercise your Constitutional right. Wonder if that's what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they said "...shall not be infringed".

Seems the requirements are to better protect society (insuring someone that should not get a permit doesn't, making sure the person has some training and knowledge, etc) than the permit holder and therefor the burden should be on the people and not the person.
I agree it's too costly, but I do also think the training serves the permit holder well and we probably should make sure we continue to train more than what's required. That's just my personal opinion. About the only other fee that's reasonable in my opinion is the initial $20. All the others are over-priced, IMO.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

One more resource, re: Live Scan. If you don't get the Live Scan results in seven days, you can check the status by calling the automated number at the top of the page at http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/contactus.php (916-227-4557). Option 1 explains that letters get entered as displayed on your phone keypad but are repeated back as numbers to be confirmed. I checked my information about 12 hours after having my prints taken (just to see how the system worked), and they reported no status information existed for me. Pretty much as expected.

Also, when you get your Live Scan number done, your ATI number is written down by the SSD officer at the bottom of the page. One member told me that when his was done the number was written down incorrectly, leaving out some digits. It should be a letter followed by three numbers, three more letters, and then three more numbers. You might want to check for that when having your Live Scan performed.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samonya View Post
this is the first time Ive seen this 90 day rule, does anyone have any more info?
Please note I did write "reportedly". I don't know if it's fact or not, but I read of it at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=834 and the member it was directed towards later responded in a manner that seemed to imply that he understood the rule to be the same. No further follow-up on this point was made, that I recall.

EDIT 1/1/11: See clarification obtained by Wes from Amber, posted at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=209 (training is valid for two years)

Last edited by harbinger007; 01-01-2011 at 9:45 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 7:12 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I agree it's too costly, but I do also think the training serves the permit holder well and we probably should make sure we continue to train more than what's required. That's just my personal opinion. About the only other fee that's reasonable in my opinion is the initial $20. All the others are over-priced, IMO.
Don't forget your yearly $77. $122 for a 10 min LiveScan is waaay excessive. Even at $50 it's high but more palatable but it's all part of the deterrent they've built into the process.

I too agree that there needs to be training but the ccw training I've attended is woefully inadequate and have witnessed people that should have outright failed get passed b/c they paid their money for the class. These classes fulfill the licensing requirement but people should seek out better training for gun handling skills elsewhere; GS, TR, FS, TFTT, etc.
Old 10-22-2010, 7:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGoodale View Post
Don't forget your yearly $77. $122 for a 10 min LiveScan is waaay excessive. Even at $50 it's high but more palatable but it's all part of the deterrent they've built into the process.

I too agree that there needs to be training but the ccw training I've attended is woefully inadequate and have witnessed people that should have outright failed get passed b/c they paid their money for the class. These classes fulfill the licensing requirement but people should seek out better training for gun handling skills elsewhere; GS, TR, FS, TFTT, etc.
Where are you getting the annual $77? Once your license is in hand the only thing you have to do yearly is qualify with your guns. Every other year you have to take a 4 hour refresher, that cost depends on the instructor you choose. There is the renewal fee the SO charges too, but don't have it in front of me.
Old 10-22-2010, 7:56 AM

Quote:
I am 100% in favor of training, and any CCW holder that does not seek out training and regular practice is not acting responsibly IMO, but requiring someone to lay out hundreds of dollars in fees and training is entirely wrong IMO.
Old 10-22-2010, 8:04 AM

Quote:

$20 due with submission of application (check or money order)

Other costs to consider:

Ammo for qualification and practice.
Time off from work to go to the SO at least twice.
Time spent going to class and various other appointments.
Gas/bus fare for all that running around.
Old 10-22-2010, 8:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb7706 View Post
Where are you getting the annual $77? Once your license is in hand the only thing you have to do yearly is qualify with your guns. Every other year you have to take a 4 hour refresher, that cost depends on the instructor you choose. There is the renewal fee the SO charges too, but don't have it in front of me.
According to http://www.sacsheriff.com/forms/docu...cw_process.pdf, we've got to pay the state $52 and the SSD $25 each year. Crooks.
Edit: the $77 is due at the renewal every two years, not annually. See correction on this matter by jb7706 below. Re-qualifications are required annually but the SSD doesn't collect a fee for those being submitted in off years.

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-19-2010 at 4:19 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 8:26 AM

The training should be offered by the Sheriff at no charge. The department has a huge range that goes unused a great deal of the time. Would be easy to open it up to people seeking permits or just knowledge/training for home use at no cost.
Old 10-22-2010, 8:28 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSDGuy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSDGuy View Post

Thanks
I made the apointment it is not until january seem like a really long wait. Just wanted to make sure.
Old 10-22-2010, 8:31 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Unless this has changed...
Taken from the ccw_process.pdf from SacSo website:
Fees for Renewals of Existing Permits:
$52.00 State of California renewal fee (check or money order only) made payable to the State of California. (Subject to change). $25.00 renewal fee (check or money order only) made payable to the County of Sacramento.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
According to http://www.sacsheriff.com/forms/docu...cw_process.pdf, we've got to pay the state $52 and the SSD $25 each year. Crooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGoodale View Post
Unless this has changed...
Taken from the ccw_process.pdf from SacSo website:
Fees for Renewals of Existing Permits:
$52.00 State of California renewal fee (check or money order only) made payable to the State of California. (Subject to change). $25.00 renewal fee (check or money order only) made payable to the County of Sacramento.
That is the 2 year renewal fee, it's not annual. Only annual cost is that paid to an instructor for requal on your guns, usually around $10/gun.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The Sacramento page on CGF.org has been updated with the details of the process as we currently know them. If you have newer data, please post here so we can vet and update:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...122-sacramento

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 10-22-2010, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
The Sacramento page on CGF.org has been updated with the details of the process as we currently know them. If you have newer data, please post here so we can vet and update:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...122-sacramento

-Gene
Step Four-

Add that you will receive a letter from Amber informing you that your prints are back and to come down to 711 G within 30 days of the date of the letter. I can scan and send you a copy of my letter if you want it. If an applicant can't get into a class within 30 days of Live Scan I'd suggest holding off on prints until the class has been completed.
Old 10-22-2010, 2:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Step Four-

Add that you will receive a letter from Amber informing you that your prints are back and to come down to 711 G within 30 days of the date of the letter. I can scan and send you a copy of my letter if you want it. If an applicant can't get into a class within 30 days of Live Scan I'd suggest holding off on prints until the class has been completed.
I wonder if Amber's 30-day statement is simply so that her pending files don't get to be so numerous. The letter informing me that my application had been approved also told me to Take the LiveScan with 30 days of receipt of the notice. If an applicant can't get training scheduled very timely, they might find it necessary to violate one of the 30 day time periods.
Old 10-22-2010, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Daniels View Post
The training should be offered by the Sheriff at no charge. The department has a huge range that goes unused a great deal of the time. Would be easy to open it up to people seeking permits or just knowledge/training for home use at no cost.
The SO range would be great, assuming it is staffed by RSO's, is ADA compliant in all respects, insurance is covered, target systems are maintained, etc. Lots more to it than just opening the doors and telling all to "come on in." I truly appreciate the sentiment, but with the SO having budget problems do you believe this is a possibility? I'm sure you have all kinds of qualified staff to do these things, but I'd be happy to work with you and offer the assistance of Folsom Shooting Club if it is needed.
Old 10-22-2010, 2:45 PM

Quote:
I wonder if Amber's 30-day statement is simply so that her pending files don't get to be so numerous. The letter informing me that my application had been approved also told me to Take the LiveScan with 30 days of receipt of the notice. If an applicant can't get training scheduled very timely, they might find it necessary to violate one of the 30 day time periods.
I may be wrong, but I believe the Live Scan results are only valid for 30 days.
Old 10-22-2010, 3:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Somebody complained about having to be fingerprinted when they had done it before but it was on an older system. That gave me the impression that they are good for a long time or "forever", but I too may be wrong. Fortunately, my training is taking place about 9 days after my LiveScan and I'm going in to see Amber as soon as she contacts me, maybe about the same time. I might even might shoot her (yikes, bad choice of words?) an e-mail as soon as I veryify my LiveScan status on the automated phone system. The approval letter didn't say anything about waiting for a letter from Amber. The approval letter arrived here 8 days after it was dated.
Old 10-22-2010, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Somebody complained about having to be fingerprinted when they had done it before but it was on an older system. That gave me the impression that they are good for a long time or "forever", but I too may be wrong. Fortunately, my training is taking place about 9 days after my LiveScan and I'm going in to see Amber as soon as she contacts me, maybe about the same time. I might even might shoot her (yikes, bad choice of words?) an e-mail as soon as I veryify my LiveScan status on the automated phone system. The approval letter didn't say anything about waiting for a letter from Amber. The approval letter arrived here 8 days after it was dated.
Now that you mention it you are correct. 12052 does state that once an agency has your live scan it cannot require a new one. I stand corrected. Not sure what would drive the 30 day thing, but then again that letter has other issues too.
Old 10-22-2010, 4:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Step Four-

If you do scan the letter you can send it via

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 10-22-2010, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
If you do scan the letter you can send it via
Done, via email.
Old 10-24-2010, 6:42 PM
Veteran Member

Calling tomorrow to set up an appointment. I've have had CCW's in two other counties in California, and I don't remember it being quite this crazy. Oh well, I guess if you want the thing, you'll do what you have to do.

Last edited by epilepticninja; 01-09-2011 at 10:21 AM..
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 AM

Can I skip the $122 live scan cuz I had already done a live scan while applying for Certificate of Eligibility(COE) a few months back?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitteam View Post
Can I skip the $122 live scan cuz I had already done a live scan while applying for Certificate of Eligibility(COE) a few months back?
No.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Gray, why is that? See post #31 above and explain, please. Because it's another county?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

The previous LiveScan had to be for a CCW. A COE is NOT a CCW... therefore you must do it again.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Gray, why is that? See post #31 above and explain, please. Because it's another county?
The statute says:

PC12052(b) However, if the license applicant has previously applied to the same licensing authority for a license to carry firearms pursuant to Section 12050 and the applicant's fingerprints and fee have been previously forwarded to the Department of Justice, as provided by this section, the licensing authority shall note the previous identification numbers and other data that would provide positive identification in the files of the Department of Justice on the copy of any subsequent license submitted to the department in conformance with Section 12053 and no additional application form or fingerprints shall be required.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member

I've been LiveScanned by the SSD for other purposes, but not for carrying firearms and the SSD was NOT the recipient of the resulting clearance letter, therefore... I must be scanned again.