Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-11-2009, 7:27 AM

Thumbs up HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!

Happy Veteran's Day to all those who currently serve or have served in our Armed Forces!!

Thank you all for kickin' a** and protecting our rights and freedoms!!
Old 11-11-2009, 8:10 AM

Thanks, but I don't think any of us Veterans would see today as a "happy" day. For me it is a day of remembrance and contemplation. I give thanks that I served this great country and am still here to enjoy it. I mourn for all those who lost their lives, especially for those that I knew personally. I know that anything in life will never be as hard as what those before me went through.

I look at that picture and know if they had the courage to continue on in the face of certain death, I can overcome any challenge. In short, that's what Veterans Day means to me.
Old 11-11-2009, 9:47 AM

I agree, Veteran's Day should not be celebrated with drunken revelry as if it were New Years Eve, but rather it should be a solemn day to consider and most certainly respect the sacrifices of all the courageous men and women who have worn the uniform. But I also believe that while we respect and honor the sacrifices themselves we should also respectfully celebrate the people who made those sacrifices.

Please accept my apology if you thought my post was in any way downplaying the importance and meaning of Veteran's Day. It was just my way of saying thank you and that I am proud of our military men and women for the service of our country and I am in fact happy that they are there.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 AM

No apology needed. Thanks for that though. I did not interpret your post as downplaying Veterans Day, just passing on my personal feelings.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 AM

Here are a few of the special offers for veterans and active personnel!
www.sdvetparade.org

Applebee's is again offering select signature entrees for free!

Sea World
Military Members can receive up to 4 free tickets for themselves and their dependants (discounted tickets after your four free) each year.

Knott’s Berry Farm
Show your military ID and receive adult tickets for 29.99 a savings of $20 and kids (age 3-11) for 19.99 (that is regular price). Also in November (first 2 weeks or so) Knott’s will let one military member and guest in for free and extra tickets are discounted.

San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park
The zoo and wild animal park are free to active duty military all the time.

USS Midway Tour
Tour the USS Midway (a great piece of WWII history) for free with your Military ID.

Lowe's and Home Depot
Lowe's and Home Depot typically have offered a 10% to veterans and active duty the last several years. We have verified Lowe's for this year.

UNO Chicago Grill
Veterans and Active duty can receive a free entree or pizza. The Fashion Valley location is participating.

Last edited by Trapper; 11-11-2009 at 11:11 AM..