Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

^^^^^^

isnt the guy in the pic Abdi from blackhawk down. lol.

seriously though. as a former marine (totally out of shape gained 80 pounds in like 5 yrs) i still pride myself as being a marine. i make sure to be polite and curteous as i feel i still represent the corps as a veteran. in my experience, the grunts for the most part hate other branches but are mainly curteous to others. unless there is drinking/fighting both go hand in hand for the younger ones. the pogues are the ones who seem to be less curteous from my experience. i think its because they rise in rank to quickly. where as in the grunts the rise isnt so quick since there is so few of us. grunts will get the job done but will definitley let you know if your screwed up or if there is a possible better way to do things. they will do it in a more professional matter than most people also. like i said these are my experiences.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:11 PM

I hate Marines!!! They are all posers. Especially the air wingers. There stupid little cobras and baggy coveralls. Go ahead throw me in the tool room a$%hole. I think most people respect Marines more than any other branch. So we tend to return the favor. I'm very proud that I served in the suck. It shows when you meet me. Ask any Calgunner who has come across me and they will all say the same thing..."Damn he's good looking!"
Old 11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
I've had just the opposite experiance with former army personal...must be the water
It could be that you have been in more contact with Army than Marine folks.
I find that former military, in general are more polite, eager to do well and is self motivated. Then you have people of every branch that are just ****heads that were that way before and after the service. The military penal system is full of these folks.
Old 11-29-2009, 6:43 PM

I've been active duty in the marines for about 5 years now and I can definitely tell you that not all of us are that good folks. There are bad apples everywhere in all services and the marine corps is not exempt. With that being said though, I have never met so many upstanding, genuinely high caliber people than in the Marines.
Old 11-29-2009, 7:01 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
Well placed bullets, the guy is a friendly the bad guys got blown to smithereens

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60