Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default "We are doing this to you because we can..."

So I cant physically go to my bank because of my deployment so I bank online. WESCOM freezes my account. When I call them and ask them whats the issue, its because someone in my household who I put down for access to my account owes them money from their own account.
I explain my total situation and also that I feel it isnt right what they are doing, their response is, "we understand you cant come in and that you are deployed in another country. We are doing this because we can."
Let that be a lesson to you younger guys about to deploy.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
its because someone in my household who I put down for access to my account owes them money from their own account.
Sounds like you need a talk with that someone...

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

wescom? really? benn with them for years over a decade.... they are normaly quite reasonable.... call agan get someone higher

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Can you just have that person removed from your account?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I tried all of the above. I talked to about four supervisors. I didnt raise my voice. All my roomates are a little pissed because I've been keeping them up with this lol. They wont let me take that person off my account because they want me to go there and sign papers. That person didnt do anything wrong to me. They just owe the bank some money on their own account. The bank is locking me up. I've been a customer of wescom for 9 years and never had ANY issue. When I asked, "So with my account locked, I cant pay my bills to you people online so by the time I get home I will be 9 months passed due and my credit screwed up?" response, "sorry but it sounds like it."
I cant call the other person because when I have the chance to call, they are at work. This is just frustrating with the lack of support by them. I'm not looking for extra kudos because I'm deployed, I just want them to stay out of my way and let me bank myself online. now they locked it, my credit is getting it in the cornhole and they wont even tell me the details by law!!! WTF! so my account is effected by them but I cannot know the details for thier privacy.
I love the folks I put on my account dearly. I sent them an email just asking them to take themselves off my account, cancel their accounts and use a different credit union. One that wont take advantage of people who cant fight back and have to take it because they are over seas.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I tried all of the above. I talked to about four supervisors. I didnt raise my voice. All my roomates are a little pissed because I've been keeping them up with this lol. They wont let me take that person off my account because they want me to go there and sign papers. That person didnt do anything wrong to me. They just owe the bank some money on their own account. The bank is locking me up. I've been a customer of wescom for 9 years and never had ANY issue. When I asked, "So with my account locked, I cant pay my bills to you people online so by the time I get home I will be 9 months passed due and my credit screwed up?" response, "sorry but it sounds like it."
I cant call the other person because when I have the chance to call, they are at work. This is just frustrating with the lack of support by them. I'm not looking for extra kudos because I'm deployed, I just want them to stay out of my way and let me bank myself online. now they locked it, my credit is getting it in the cornhole and they wont even tell me the details by law!!! WTF! so my account is effected by them but I cannot know the details for thier privacy.
I love the folks I put on my account dearly. I sent them an email just asking them to take themselves off my account, cancel their accounts and use a different credit union. One that wont take advantage of people who cant fight back and have to take it because they are over seas.
You don't know me and this is none of my business but I am happy to deal with this situation for you and make all the calls you need, if that helps. I deal with douche nozzles like this all day long. I can sort it out.

Least we can all do for your service. Just PM if interested. Seriously.
Old 11-21-2009, 9:04 AM

Sounds a lot like a trip to JAG is in your immediate future.

Or at least, it should be.

NTM
Old 11-21-2009, 6:42 PM
Veteran Member

No offense, but get the "dear" people on the account to pay them their #*%#* money!
Old 11-21-2009, 7:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thats not the point. The point is wescom is taking advantage and locking someone elses account because of that. weather I am deployed or not, its ****ed up. When I get home I am so switching credit unions. I'm making a fricken scene
Old 11-21-2009, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Director View Post
You don't know me and this is none of my business but I am happy to deal with this situation for you and make all the calls you need, if that helps. I deal with douche nozzles like this all day long. I can sort it out.
Yeah. "Accidents" can happen, and all that. Right, Vinnie?
Old 11-21-2009, 9:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Do what you can do to cancel your account right away and have it opened in another bank f*ck thos people who ae jacking you up... Lame sauce.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 PM

How about just opening an account with USAA and redirect your direct deposit?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

thats what I'm in the process of doing right now. they are giving me a hard time about cancelling and I need to get my funds out first.
Old 11-22-2009, 8:53 PM

Thats a load of crap man. Have you considered the Better Business Bureau? Banking is a business afterall...
Old 11-23-2009, 8:50 AM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
So I cant physically go to my bank because of my deployment so I bank online. WESCOM freezes my account. When I call them and ask them whats the issue, its because someone in my household who I put down for access to my account owes them money from their own account.
I explain my total situation and also that I feel it isnt right what they are doing, their response is, "we understand you cant come in and that you are deployed in another country. We are doing this because we can."
North Island Credit union did that to my mom because my younger brother owed the bank money.

My younger brother is not on my moms account but my step dad is and they share names. The Bank knows its not my dad but they said that since my dad is listed on the reg for the truck they took the $ from the account to make up for the money.

My mom cussed them out, went to pay roll and stoped the direct deposit she has going to that account, and now keeps no more then $25 in the account.

She also went and got her money back from my younger brother.

Credit unions are famous for doing that.

Navy fed did that to me once because my sister was over drafted, because my sister was underage when she got the bank account I had to go with her. My name is on her account but her name is not on my account, they still took the $$$$.
Old 11-23-2009, 8:51 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
thats what I'm in the process of doing right now. they are giving me a hard time about cancelling and I need to get my funds out first.
Send power of attorney to someone who is able to go into the bank who can withdraw the money you have left and close the account
Old 11-23-2009, 8:59 AM

Call your local congressman have them place a call, i bet things will change
Old 11-23-2009, 4:09 PM

USAA!

I'm switching from BOA to USAA real soon.
Old 11-23-2009, 5:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Your legal O will probably tell you that you cannot be sued while serving over seas, Im not sure but it sounds like you are unable to represent yourself and being sued.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 11-23-2009, 6:08 PM

Make sure to let your Chain of Command know you're having this major personal administrative issue. They may not be able to "pull some strings", but they'll probably be able to give good advice or go to bat on your behalf. who knows. wouldn't hurt.

Hope everything works out ok, bud
Old 11-23-2009, 7:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
After you drop that "bank" go with USAA and never look back.
Old 11-29-2009, 6:40 PM

I have had banks pull that sh*t before when I was overseas. It really makes it hard when you can't defend yourself. Good luck and let us know if you need anything!!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Sounds like theft to me. If its not a joint account, and they just have a signature card (or similar access), then they should have no right to deprive you of your money.

I would take The Director up on his offer.