Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-22-2013, 8:09 PM

Default Firearms Companies Restricting Sales To GOVERNMENT Agencies In Areas That Restrict Gu

Hopefully not a repost. and Kudos to these companies! now if only more would follow suit.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...agencies-areas

Quote:
A growing number of firearm and firearm-related companies have stated they will no longer sell items to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban.

Extreme Firepower Inc., located in Inwood, WV has had a longstanding policy that states:

"The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms...If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction."

York Arms, located in Buxton, ME released a statement following new legislation in New York:

"Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York."

Quality Arms, located in Rigby, ID writes on their website, "elected officials have their own agenda to circumnavigate the truth and destroy the constitution of the United States."

The site states: "Quality Arms Idaho will not supply and firearm or product, manufactured by us, or any other company nor will we warranty, repair, alter, or modify and firearm owned by any State, County or Municipality who infringes on the right of its citizens to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment."

Bravo Company USA states:

"The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible private individuals having access to the same tools of civilian Law Enforcement to affect the same ends...As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state."

To view the full list click here.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:11 PM

This is how you fight back..i like the move
Old 02-22-2013, 8:19 PM

Thumbs up

I hope more if not all firearms manufacturers will join in.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:18 PM
Calguns Addict

"its hard to face the problem if the problem is your face"
Old 02-23-2013, 2:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Got my vote, good for them.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 AM

It'd be nice to see some more national/larger corporations on that list, but it's good to see that a few of the smaller companies that deal on a national level are on that list.
And menstrual cramps? Seriously, you [nrakid88] have complained about more things here than I think I have ever seen in a single thread ...air quality, noise, discomfort from glasses, "feminine attributes," and "macho masculinity," and sexism (there's an ironic disconnect here somewhere), compassion, grammar, people "tearing you down," your more-sensitive-than-normal ears, people who you perceive to be recoil-sensitive, how you "FEEL", liberals........ are you for real???
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 AM

A good start. I'm hoping it will play out as more than a gesture from a few companies.

My main concern here is even if all the big guys did this, just like there are police/LE only stores, I'm hoping new shops don't just open up and start selling everything else for them. There are probably enough firearms and other items in stock/circulation amongst various gov groups, agencies, and LE that they won't be hurting for bigger restricted items for a while.

Also most things within firearms really aren't that complicated or difficult to make, especially with the technology we have today, so they can still get little things and accessories that we don't get. ie any half decent machine shop should be able to stamp 2 sheets of aluminum within spec, weld them together, paint it, and throw a spring and piece of plastic inside to make a new magazine. Or the fact that a lot of companies probably make most their money from LE and they probably won't be willing to go under b/c of some noble notion to stop certain sales to LE/gov.

Last edited by penguinofsleep; 02-23-2013 at 10:19 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

This list has become pretty impressive over the last week or two. Last time I saw anything about this, there was only a handful of companies, now its a pretty good size list and growing. This is fantastic. Now if they could get a company that has a major LE/MIL contract to step up, this could swing a lot of votes. Stepping in the right direction!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM

check the list in the blaze

Last edited by bryant; 02-23-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 1:23 PM

good to see a few of my favorite places to shop on that list.