Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

View Poll Results: Have you signed or donated or sent this to a friend?
HELL YES I HAVE! 654 97.18%
There is "NO" Option if you are California Shooter? Just get it DONE! 19 2.82%
Voters: 673. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2012, 7:58 PM

Why in the hell do the idiots at the Brady Campaign, who understand less about 2nd Amendmant issues, and specific firearm tech than my dog, get air time, but the experts on this issue, the CalGun Org lawyers, get none (rhetorical question), It made me nauseous watching that story.
Old 07-12-2012, 8:11 PM

Petition signed
Old 07-13-2012, 9:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesob View Post
since when do polititions care about your constitutional rights or if it violates the constitution?
True, what was I thinking..:laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gant View Post
yee himself says in this interview (theres video in this too if you dont want to read that goes over article lol)

that hes going after mag magnets , they even asked him why did he change his mind and not go after the bullet button

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...state-sen-yee/

even if its true , now the news report is talking about brady campaign wanting to just ban ar15s all together (probably old news)
Seems that he has settled on the mag magnet, but who knows; stuff changes soo much.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 07-15-2012, 5:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
I feel the same way. I think its a lost cause. Way too many people in CA politics that believe guns are a bad thing. I hate to be a defeatist, but this is a bad law, introduced by a hypocrite politician, to a political body full of gun/gun culture haters. Yee is going to ride this thing to the top, get it signed, and then campaign like crazy on how he got rid of "assault weapons" in California. I really and truly loved this state until I got back into guns a few years ago. Now I loathe living here.
exactly how i feel. My son who goes to a local JC, can't finish, because of the reduction of classes due to the lack of money for the school district. they have cut numerous sports programs, he wanted to play basketball, but lo and behold they've cut the basketball program. He has to go to 3 different JC's just to get the classes he wants. Wake up CA legislature! Taking away the weapons from responsible firearm owners is what they really want to do, that's the long term plan, whether you want to hear it or not....

Law abiding firearm owners have no chance in this state.
Old 07-15-2012, 5:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Peters View Post
this legislation will pass in some form or another in the near future. I knew as soon as big 5 and turners started selling black rifles to every person who walked in that it would get out of hand and be over. something similar happened with open carry...and look what happened. CA isn't a gun state. I hope to eat my own words on this one but im a realist.
unfortunately you are correct. they will nickel and dime us until they render our weapons useless, though the bb is pretty much useless. and going featureless w/ an AR defeats the whole purpose of the AR. I'm going rifle at this point, that should hold me for a little while until i can retire and bug out of this libtard state in a few more years. I love CA, but not as much as i used to, the golden state is tarnished.....

Law abiding firearm owners have no chance in this state.
Old 07-31-2012, 2:26 PM

Talking TACMAG Helping Calguns fight back.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and been trying to follow the issue with Sen. Yee. If you’re not familiar with us we are formally FMJ Reloads and we market a tool similar to Mag Magnet. Some of you may have seen us at the Crossroads Gun Shows. Our company (TAGMAG) has started to collect donations to help Calguns attorneys keep fighting against SB249. TACMAG will be contributing $100.00 from ourselves each show, as well as making "No on 249" Pins for $1 donations.

We believe that this bill will affect several branches of economics, recreation, and most of all our rights to own fire arms in the state of California. "Senator Yee, why does the military and law enforcement use AR-15 style guns; because they work to provide protection for our country and our communities?" The Colorado incident was very tragic but if one person in the audience had a gun to return fire maybe so many people would of not got hurt and the idiot would of fled. Now is not the time to keep restricting and cutting off avenues of revenue and activities for people in California. "I've had all I can stand I can't stands no more." -- Popeye. We will fight.
We also feel that it's important that any vendor selling kits relating to this bill please emphasize the use of it as a tool. Not doing so will just create uneducated citizens and the proper use of their fire arm in California.
Old 07-31-2012, 9:15 PM

It's nice that you're going to donate to help fight SB249, but let's be perfectly honest here, this problem exists precisely because of the products you market. How could anyone behind the research and development of this "tool" not figure out that it was going to come under fire? It is an obvious attempt to get around the bullet button rule that, up until now, had been pretty bullet proof. Now, because of the poor judgement of a few vendors who apparently don't have the foresight to see how their products affect the entire shooting community, we're all under fire.

How could you be so dense?

And before you accuse me of being a shill for the likes of Sen Yee, you need to know that I've been shooting and collecting guns long before most of the people who post on this forum were born. Do I like the bullet button? No. In fact I can't stand it, but were it not for the great guys behind Calguns, most of us would never have been able to even think about owning an AR15, an AK variant, or whatever it may happen to be that makes liberal democrats quake in their boots.

And then you guys came along to screw things up. So great, you're donating a pittance so we can fight one of the biggest legislative battles we've encountered in a long time. A fight that would never have come about were it not for you.

Thanks for nothing.
Old 07-31-2012, 9:55 PM

@prob I totally agree with you. Some idiots will do anything to make a buck. . . reminds me of how United States aerospace including Continental Aircraft Engines, Superior Aircraft Cylinders and Engines, Cirrus Aircraft, Hawker Beechcraft . . . the list goes on have all sold out to the Chinese.

They (the CEO's and idiot businessmen) first ran their businesses into the ground through poor management, and then sold them off to the first bidder with money to get out of their problem. They sold them off for MONEY. Always with the promise that American jobs will remain here in the USA, but never with the promise that the decades of R&D and scientific development it took to get the companies and technology up to the best in the world wouldn't be given to the country that is going to become our next worst and largest political and economic threat. Good job you greedy, selfish fools.

Mag Magnet and Tac Mag you are cut from the same cloth. Thanks for selling everyone else down the river just so you could personally gain from it.

$100 a gun show donation ? Keep it. Put it in an envelope and send it to the Chinese embassy with a thank you letter for helping out American aerospace.
Old 07-31-2012, 9:57 PM

What a pathetic attempt at self promotion. . still trying to make money off everyone. . . . .GET OFF OUR FORUM !
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmag_pro View Post
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and been trying to follow the issue with Sen. Yee. If you’re not familiar with us we are formally FMJ Reloads and we market a tool similar to Mag Magnet. Some of you may have seen us at the Crossroads Gun Shows. Our company (TAGMAG) has started to collect donations to help Calguns attorneys keep fighting against SB249. TACMAG will be contributing $100.00 from ourselves each show, as well as making "No on 249" Pins for $1 donations.

We believe that this bill will affect several branches of economics, recreation, and most of all our rights to own fire arms in the state of California. "Senator Yee, why does the military and law enforcement use AR-15 style guns; because they work to provide protection for our country and our communities?" The Colorado incident was very tragic but if one person in the audience had a gun to return fire maybe so many people would of not got hurt and the idiot would of fled. Now is not the time to keep restricting and cutting off avenues of revenue and activities for people in California. "I've had all I can stand I can't stands no more." -- Popeye. We will fight.
We also feel that it's important that any vendor selling kits relating to this bill please emphasize the use of it as a tool. Not doing so will just create uneducated citizens and the proper use of their fire arm in California.
Old 08-01-2012, 1:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and been trying to follow the issue with Sen. Yee. If you’re not familiar with us we are formally FMJ Reloads and we market a tool similar to Mag Magnet. Some of you may have seen us at the Crossroads Gun Shows. Our company (TAGMAG) has .....

. . . .

Old 08-01-2012, 5:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesob View Post
since when do polititions care about your constitutional rights or if it violates the constitution?
they never do and don't care either.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 PM

While I dont think the mag magnet was something that should ever been made I really doubt they are the reason we are in this mess. Have you seen the ranges lately or perhaps the yearly increase in dros for the last 10 years? The commies want gun control. things are getting out of control in their eyes and they want to stop it. Over 4 million dros in the last 10 years isnt really what they had in mind for us.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock7 View Post
exactly how i feel. My son who goes to a local JC, can't finish, because of the reduction of classes due to the lack of money for the school district. they have cut numerous sports programs, he wanted to play basketball, but lo and behold they've cut the basketball program. He has to go to 3 different JC's just to get the classes he wants. Wake up CA legislature! Taking away the weapons from responsible firearm owners is what they really want to do, that's the long term plan, whether you want to hear it or not....
We need a "Like" or a "Thanks" button here!
Old 08-02-2012, 2:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gant View Post
yee himself says in this interview (theres video in this too if you dont want to read that goes over article lol)

that hes going after mag magnets , they even asked him why did he change his mind and not go after the bullet button

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...state-sen-yee/

I wouldn't trust a word that came out of Yee's mouth
Old 08-02-2012, 9:23 PM

Is the rumor true that it attacks bullet buttons as well.
This all started over channel 5's report, what persuaded them to cover it in the first place!

Last edited by Just-in; 08-02-2012 at 9:30 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 AM

In reading the language of SB249, I'm understanding it as a ban on the "mag-magnet" type attachments that allow normal release function in a rifle with a mag lock / "bullet-button". Has it not already been illegal to use that type of a device? I see this as a whole lot of news and concern about absolutely nothing. This senator is just looking stupid trying to make a name for himself by "banning" a simple magnetic device that is already illegal to use in this application. I don't get it?

The part that does bother me is that it has put the fire under the Brady campaign and those that wish to threaten the rights of gun owners again. I don't think that SB249 will have any implications in itself to those with now legal rifles, but I do see it bringing increased attention to light.

SB249 Bill Analysis:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/..._asm_comm.html

Just my thoughts....
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM

sb249 has been clarified to include the bullet button. as it stands right now feature-less looks to be ok.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
TACMAG will be contributing $100.00 from ourselves each show, as well as making "No on 249" Pins for $1 donations.
$100 per gun show...what a crock.
Old 08-03-2012, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoppenberger View Post
sb249 has been clarified to include the bullet button. as it stands right now feature-less looks to be ok.
Where are you specifically finding that the bullet-button itself is being outlawed in the bill?
Old 08-03-2012, 6:18 PM

Channel 5 made it seem as if the bullet button creates a rifle with a detatchable magazine. I feel this is why the bullet button is attacked in the first paragraph.
Old 08-03-2012, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lc17smp View Post
While I dont think the mag magnet was something that should ever been made I really doubt they are the reason we are in this mess. Have you seen the ranges lately or perhaps the yearly increase in dros for the last 10 years? The commies want gun control. things are getting out of control in their eyes and they want to stop it. Over 4 million dros in the last 10 years isnt really what they had in mind for us.
What they (gun grabbing legislators) have in mind for us and whats occurs are usually polar opposites.

Everytime some POS bill to reduce guns is pushed, the sales of firearms explode. EVERYTIME. The gungrabbers just cant seem to wrap their 4 braincells around this fact. This whole thing is going to be a spectacular failure for the gungrabbers. And sure as hell the sale of firearms are going to explode once again.
Old 08-04-2012, 7:41 AM

tagged
Old 08-05-2012, 5:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-in View Post
Is the rumor true that it attacks bullet buttons as well.
This all started over channel 5's report, what persuaded them to cover it in the first place!
It's because of the threads in the forums that talks about bullet button.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:50 AM

Default The solution

I was thinking maybe we should create even more laws banning mental illness and any & all criminal activities along with SB249 - that will certainly stop the folks bent on doing hideous acts and make me feel really good too!. I am absolutely positive SB249 will stop the schizophrenics in their tracks and prevent them from acquiring illegal firearms and murder knowing that they are breaking yet another law.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:38 AM

From AZ; my $.02
As California gun owners prepare for yet ANOTHER defeat and loss of rights and freedoms, an intelligent person asks "Why" and "How" this can happen?
The first is obvious: gun-hating Liberals and the complicit media.

The "how" is more painful to admit: Gun owners do not have a Central organization that provides Teeth to stop the laws via Federal courts. The NRA is useless. What is needed is $$$ for this specific purpose--and lots of it. A "Self-imposed" fee FOR THIS SPECIIFIC PURPOSE needs to be assessed on every firearm and ammunition sale in CA; nationwide if possible.
Call me nuts, but nothing else has worked so far...
Old 08-05-2012, 1:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunwriter View Post
From AZ; my $.02
As California gun owners prepare for yet ANOTHER defeat and loss of rights and freedoms, an intelligent person asks "Why" and "How" this can happen?
The first is obvious: gun-hating Liberals and the complicit media.

The "how" is more painful to admit: Gun owners do not have a Central organization that provides Teeth to stop the laws via Federal courts. The NRA is useless. What is needed is $$$ for this specific purpose--and lots of it. A "Self-imposed" fee FOR THIS SPECIIFIC PURPOSE needs to be assessed on every firearm and ammunition sale in CA; nationwide if possible.
Call me nuts, but nothing else has worked so far...
as far as i am concerned every person in the country that wants to protect the 2A should be helping us..I call California a "Domino state" because they will infest other states if they see they can get away with it here much longer

Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 AM

i for one will NOT be welding my BB even if SB249 passes.....
Old 08-06-2012, 2:00 PM

With less than 5800 gun owners signing the petition, SB 249 will pass. It will take a couple hundred thousand signatures to even get the Legislature's attention.

No guns or instant criminals...

Last edited by Gunwriter; 08-06-2012 at 2:06 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 2:05 PM

PS:
I have made my marketing contacts at S&W and Colt aware of this pending legislation. I have not personally received a response...
Old 08-08-2012, 6:11 AM
Banned

I just received an update on SB249. How is it possible that we only have 7153 signatures. What the hell is going on?
Old 08-08-2012, 7:45 AM

I wonder if it is possible to organize gun shops and individuals at gun ranges and gun shows to just have a laptop available for people to sign the online petition? I would imagine, though, most people would not want to be hassled either. Like most people try to avoid signing a petition outside stores.
Old 08-08-2012, 8:14 AM

The amount of signatures is ridiculous. What the hell.
Old 08-08-2012, 9:02 AM

They want to take your guns, and sell them to Mexico. This bill is so crazy, if it passes i want a one way ticket to the the Philippines or equivalent.

TURBOELKY
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM

maybe we need to set a parade in SF, then Sacramento to have California hear our voice.
Old 08-08-2012, 4:12 PM

Please! everyone please spread the word through facebook or twitter or however! Telegraph, morse code!
i told 5 friends today!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 7:01 PM

Just got an update from Turners; they are going after the entire BB, not just the mag magnet now?

This is really scary and sad...Fear drives everything, doesn't it..smh.

Many people will become criminals in a year if this passes.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 08-09-2012, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Just got an update from Turners; they are going after the entire BB, not just the mag magnet now?

This is really scary and sad...Fear drives everything, doesn't it..smh.

Many people will become criminals in a year if this passes.
"If they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns" Guess many of us will become outlaws then cause i know most people wont turn over anything.
Old 08-09-2012, 6:58 AM

This is all interesting because the supreme court ruled banning common firearms unconsittutional.
The AR is the most commonly sold firearm in America.

I seen that updated version.
Seems like they need to open a reg window, but thats not in the text.

Man this water is geeting hot...
Old 08-09-2012, 9:02 AM

Default SB-249 TO PASS

It appears this bill will make it to law. Last night, Yee stated on KOVR 13 News that he is ready to do war with us. KPIX Channel 5 started this war and all other stations are jumping on the band wagon. We need to strongly encourage CRPA to buy air time on major TV stations and present the other side of the story that won't be told by the media. Again, law makers are punishing law abiding citizens for the likes of a very few. For too long, the general public has accepted the line that, "It's for public safety." We now know that the agenda is to disarm citizens. If that happens, none of us will be safe in our own homes. Liberals argue that "Assult" type weapons are for killing people and have no hunting value. Truthfully, I've never had a bear try to break into my home, so go figure. Truthfully, we have sat for too long. The libs have a major lead on us. It's going to take a big battle to win and I'll bet most gun owners will be too busy.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1991 View Post
"If they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns" Guess many of us will become outlaws then cause i know most people wont turn over anything.
That's what I'm hearing too. Everybody is getting real subversive.