Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Friends of the NRA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2014, 10:33 PM

Default Put off my next gun/ammo purchase

There has been a lot of successes recently in the way of stymieing gun control legislation and the gun grabbers. We are getting ever so close to "shall issue" in California. Much of the legislation proposed this year has failed. But we have a long way to go in reversing 35 years of bad law and unconstitutional infringements on our rights to defend ourselves from the dregs of society and the criminally insane.

Hence I have decided to forego my next ammo or gun purchase and spend some of my hard earned money on furthering the cause of the NRA. I will have to put off some new toys for a few weeks to make up for my recent donation to NRA2015. I think it is worth it though and I can afford to help out. Hopefully, many others are getting on the bandwagon and contributing as I am sure most who are on this sub-forum have already.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Whatever the amount, it all helps to further our cause of 2A rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBilly View Post
I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.
Old 11-29-2014, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Thank you, I donate to several of my favorite hard working based on results on a regular basis, I bet 80% don't donate at all. If all the gun owner donates we could own the senate and congress.
Old 11-29-2014, 7:36 PM

Thanks for the reminder, about that time of year to renew my NRA membership.

And I like that idea you had. Instead of the ammo I was going to buy this week, make a donation.
Old 12-04-2014, 9:33 PM

Well they try and sign me up for about 10 different credit cards and sign up for different Organizations. and remind me to renew my membership after i just paid about a week ago for a year. I will be canceling my membership and donate my time and effort instead.
Old 12-09-2014, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
Well they try and sign me up for about 10 different credit cards and sign up for different Organizations. and remind me to renew my membership after i just paid about a week ago for a year. I will be canceling my membership and donate my time and effort instead.
So because they are aggressively marketing you think you should stop contributing? Very poor insight sir.

NRA has been the biggest, strongest, most vocal, and most successful defenders of 2A rights in the country. You don't have to be a platinum member or anything but you should kick down SOMETHING for the cause.

Just delete the extraneous emails and throw away the credit card, travel, and limited edition 1911 offers. It is not that difficult, is it? Those things do not actually come from the actual NRA anyways. The NRA sells your name and address to the marketers and uses that money from the sale of your personal information to help defend out 2A rights. It helps to keep them afloat and serves as a supplement to our membership dues.

If every gun owner would just kick down a small donation then our constitutional rights would not be violated on a regular basis by our legislature.

Remember, money talks and BS walks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBilly View Post
I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.
Old 12-20-2014, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
Yearly membership is $35. Most don't even pay that. It's very easy to find the reduced $25 deal.. On top of that they still send you a free gift. Add in the cost of your monthly magazine. So their not making that much money on membership fees alone.
So just remember for every piece of junk mail or spam you get. The NRA got a little $ for the small inconvenience.
And not all of it's bad. Just the other month, some company sent me a free self defense DVD and a nice M1 Grand collector coin

As far as donating to all the causes they keep begging you to help out with.
You do know that just because they ask for $25, $50 or $500000000. You can usually select ''other amount'' and send them just a few bucks.
I do a lot of $5-$10 donations. With out thinking too hard. I'm close at $80 or more in little donations

Also lets not forget that you can also support organizations closer to home.
like the calgunsfoundation.org. They don't send you anything. You can even support them anonymously. You can use the http://shop42a.com/ to shop amazon.com they get money every time you buy something
Old 01-11-2015, 2:09 PM

I just signed up for my lifetime Membership. I started with a year and after that decided it was time for lifetime (doing payments not all at once).

I used to not like the NRA because i didn't like the way they delivered their message so I supported other groups like NAGR and California Rifle and Pistol Assoc.

Two things changed for me: 1. The NRA started to change the message it delivered to one that I felt provided more information and stats instead of slogans and I think that is important. 2. It really does feel like we (2A Pro folks)have a chance to get more of our Rights back now (or Lose them further) but that we need to act now.

I agree with TurboS600. I can put a couple of purchases off now and put my money towards those that are fighting for us. I think its very important that we support National and State organizations fighting for our Rights. Once those Rights are taken its going to be so much harder to get them back. Look at the stupid "Assault" weapon ban. Pretty much neuters a perfectly good tool.

Volunteer, pony up some cash and find ways to get the word out of the reasons and positive for gun ownership in this Country.