Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Hey crufflers:

Just ordered the Holosun HE510C-GR from Midway. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 05-22-2019, 2:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
Hey crufflers:

Just ordered the Holosun HE510C-GR from Midway. Thanks for your suggestion.
That's definitely a nice one. I want to try one of those too. For some reason I prefer red. I always hear good things about that model of HS. FWIW, that HE510C is closer to the size of your EOTech though. Most of the ones I have are RMR sized like the FF3, 507, RMR06, etc... or Aimpoint Micro size.

I want to try one on an AR... one of my first red dots was a gen1 Bushnell Holosight (EOTech) in front of an A2 carry handle - still works.
Old 05-22-2019, 7:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
That's definitely a nice one. I want to try one of those too. For some reason I prefer red. I always hear good things about that model of HS. FWIW, that HE510C is closer to the size of your EOTech though. Most of the ones I have are RMR sized like the FF3, 507, RMR06, etc... or Aimpoint Micro size.

I want to try one on an AR... one of my first red dots was a gen1 Bushnell Holosight (EOTech) in front of an A2 carry handle - still works.
(PSST....Botach has the red for $269.95....).
Old 05-23-2019, 6:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Sounds like Ruger will sell that new handguard... just got this email

“Thanks for your recent message to our CEO, Chris Killoy, regarding the handguard on the PC Carbine. I'm please to tell you that we are finishing set-up of that product to have it available on ShopRuger.com. I expect it will be available for purchase within the next 30 days.

Thanks and best regards,

Eric Schellhorn Director of Sportswear & Accessories

Ruger Customer Service”
Old 05-23-2019, 7:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sounds like Ruger will sell that new handguard... just got this email

“Thanks for your recent message to our CEO, Chris Killoy, regarding the handguard on the PC Carbine. I'm please to tell you that we are finishing set-up of that product to have it available on ShopRuger.com. I expect it will be available for purchase within the next 30 days.

Thanks and best regards,

Eric Schellhorn Director of Sportswear & Accessories

Ruger Customer Service”
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said they would not be selling them separately, so I went ahead and ordered one of these from Midwest Industries:

0926AFF0-AD06-487E-BA96-73E01595B0E4.jpg

Old 05-23-2019, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Brian's stuff is nice. Lower 1/3 co-witness.

I have Bushnell TRS25 attached to a Brian Miller mount. The TRS25 is zeroed at 50yds. Hitting steel gongs all day @ 100yds.

Iron sights bottomed out to the lowest setting I was hitting over 1 feet high @ 100yds..

Ended up taking off the Rear and Front iron sights. Strictly shooting red dot for now.

Hopefully someone will make a handguard rail that is the same height as the picatinny rail on the receiver. That way I could run a front / rear MBUS.
Old 05-24-2019, 8:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjunkie View Post
I have Bushnell TRS25 attached to a Brian Miller mount. The TRS25 is zeroed at 50yds. Hitting steel gongs all day @ 100yds.

Iron sights bottomed out to the lowest setting I was hitting over 1 feet high @ 100yds..
Yeah in that close-up pic where you can see the rear sight elevation adjustment... mine is set high in pic because I had taken the whole thing apart to relocate it and loctite all the grubs. Stock is dead center on the hash marks AFAIK. I looked at my other PCC that has a scope where I haven't messed with the rear sight... adjusted the one pictured dead center on the elevation hash marks, the sight is right about as low as you'd can go with intact sight picture / co-witness is fine. That is an RD-1. Had quite a few rds that would not sit low enough including Nikon SPUR, RMR, etc... had to use a tube style. That was using the LOW MOUNT included with each though... if you have a custom integrated mount plate (not PIC RAIL) for RMR, etc... should be very low. I know there are more coming... NC STAR was showing some recently for RMR pattern IIRC.

Last edited by crufflers; 05-24-2019 at 5:09 PM..
Old 05-24-2019, 11:35 AM
Calguns Addict

HS503GU is back in stock $129, two reticles... red. Less than 400 left. If you BOTACH.

https://www.botach.com/holosun-503gu...t-red-reticle/
Old 05-24-2019, 1:39 PM
Calguns Addict

That would be with the hope that they really have them, instead of the distributor telling them they have shipped 400. Sometimes I wonder if they actually have anything at all instead of just having a website and getting everything drop shipped.
Old 05-24-2019, 1:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
That would be with the hope that they really have them, instead of the distributor telling them they have shipped 400. Sometimes I wonder if they actually have anything at all instead of just having a website and getting everything drop shipped.
Before April, I would have stuck up for them. I had an order do that, like a lot of people. Other than that one order (three items) I always get my stuff from BOTACH. Recently had something arrived damaged and it had to have been pulled and shipped damaged, but they issued a RMA and paid return label pretty damn fast.

I continue to order from them when they demolish other seller's prices, but more warrily.

In the case of these HS503GU and the green version also, I received a email from them right before I posted. I'd hit it, but I have one or two extra RDS not mounted as it is.
Old 05-24-2019, 2:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Sometimes I wonder if they actually have anything at all instead of just having a website and getting everything drop shipped.
Funny, I just got a Woodbury Outfitter's Memorial Day Sale e-mail... I bought various ammo from them when the getting was good last year. They had some good stuff on sale and when I clicked on some of it (like 5.11 boots for $55, TROY battle sight, etc...), it was BOTACH ebay listings.
Old 05-24-2019, 4:28 PM
Calguns Addict

I wish it were different with them because they have good prices sometimes. I'm 1 for 3. First order canceled after 3 weeks because I needed the item by a certain date. Second order filled in a reasonable time. Third order a few months ago - didn't bother canceling.