Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 03-28-2019, 9:58 AM
Veteran Member

Arrow Ruger PC Carbine (9MM)

I would like to hear from those who have them, what is your likes and dislikes? Thinking about getting one.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:09 AM

I don't own one but I've shot a couple of them they're good, solid and pretty accurate. 9mm carbines are especially great if you already have a 9mm handgun since ammo is easy. If I didn't already have other 9mm carbines I'd consider picking one up.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 AM

I have had mine for around 6-8 months. I love it. Eats new brass, reloads and aluminium. I have a Vortex red dot on it with the high riser, I co witness the iron sights. I do wish there are more aftermarket accessories. The ones I have seen are OK, nothing special.
Easy take down for cleaning. You can easily hit out to 100 yards. That should be enough distance to hold off a handful of zombies.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 AM

I picked one up last summer. They are fun little carbines, that are cheap to feed. I like that it can take a Glock or Ruger magazine. Very low recoil as would be expected from a 9mm out of a pretty hefty little gun. They are not light-weight, but the breakdown feature is nice. My daughter was working transition drills between the PC carbine and her Glock and the interchangeable magazine is a nice feature.

People complain that there is no reason to use a pistol caliber in a carbine. Is it necessary? No. Is it a fun little gun, yeah absolutely.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 03-28-2019, 10:16 AM

If you like the 10/22 you'll like the PC as well. Lots of similarities. Using Glock magazines is a great plus and I think it's only a matter of time before adapters for other brands of magazines will be available. A really fun plinker with a red dot on it. Good luck.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:43 AM

Love it! Zero flaws with 180 rounds through it. Only complaint is the picatinny on the bottom of the fore end is useless more or less because of the integrated bipod stud. Would be a perfect place for a tac light but the bipod stud is in the way. Could be cut flush and relocated a few inches reward with an aftermarket stud, but Ruger should have addressed the design flaw in house
Old 03-28-2019, 10:48 AM
Calguns Addict

I think everyone should have one.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 03-28-2019, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
I have had mine for around 6-8 months. I love it. Eats new brass, reloads and aluminium. I have a Vortex red dot on it with the high riser, I co witness the iron sights.
How tha hell do you co-witness with a “high riser”? I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on mine that sits flat to the rail & the irons are barely visible at the bottom of the optic.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:18 AM

You may try to look at this thread. It has everything you want to know.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...411816&page=58
Old 03-28-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStiCK View Post
How tha hell do you co-witness with a “high riser”? I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on mine that sits flat to the rail & the irons are barely visible at the bottom of the optic.
Works fine on mine. The red dot came with a low and high mount. The high mount has enough clearance that I can see the iron sights. I have shot with both without issue.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:03 PM

Same set up as Vino. Get one. It's just flat out fun, inexpensive and is a great add to any collection. Not sure I'd call it heavy but its beefy as in solid and a great rifle.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:06 PM

Haven't shot mine much (yet!), but it's a sweet shooter, pretty much a no brainer if you think it'll fit in your collection! I just wanted something that would shoot the same caliber as existing handguns, with a bit more "oomph" from a longer barrel. Fills that slot perfectly.

Haven't seen anyone complaining about anything specific, the guy in the next bay over was test firing his as well, he thought it had more recoil than expected (I didn't even notice any at all...), but we both agreed it was a good purchase!

I'm looking forward to getting a red dot dialed in, and probably try a scope to see how far out I can shoot it accurately - my "low resolution optics" (Mk 1 eyeball) were spot on with the irons. It's a "keeper" IMO.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:26 PM

read away...over 2000 posts about the Ruger PCC

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1411816

Buy one, you will like it. IMHO it is fine out of the box with optics of choice. I use the Primary Arms 2.5X Prism on mine
Old 03-28-2019, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLOCK30 View Post
read away...over 2000 posts about the Ruger PCC

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1411816

Buy one, you will like it. IMHO it is fine out of the box with optics of choice. I use the Primary Arms 2.5X Prism on mine
^This. I've got one and like it too.
Old 03-28-2019, 2:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
Works fine on mine. The red dot came with a low and high mount. The high mount has enough clearance that I can see the iron sights. I have shot with both without issue.
i think you are confusing the term "co-witness". co-witness means that the red dot is superimposed ontop of the iron sights.

so that means the red dot should be sitting right on top of the front sight when looking through the rear sight.

with what you typed above, i feel like you mean to say that you can still use your iron sights through the empty gap on the riser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

Last edited by Scratch705; 03-28-2019 at 2:15 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 2:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I think everyone should have one.
I have two.

Old 03-28-2019, 2:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
I have two.
You da man!!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 03-28-2019, 3:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
I have two.
you should get a third since they just released a FDE colored one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 03-28-2019, 4:35 PM
Veteran Member

The only minor complaint I have is that it is a bit heavy for what it is. Not a lot in term's of after market support, yet. It really needs a fiber optic front sight, and I agree the forearm sling stud should have been moved back about a 1/2 inch or so.

Runs fine, I haven't had a chance to do any mag dump's with it yet. I don't think it'll be an issue though a lot of people run their's a lot harder than I have been able to so far.
Old 03-28-2019, 5:20 PM
Veteran Member

I wish they would bring one out in .45acp.

Bob B.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Old 03-28-2019, 5:23 PM

Turners has em on sale for 539! Spring sale. I'm tempted to get one myself.
Old 03-28-2019, 6:01 PM

Good little rifle. No complaints. Have about 1.5k rounds through mine with no cleaning - and no malfunctions.
Old 03-28-2019, 6:05 PM

Love mine! Lot of aftermarket accessories coming available. Check out Taccom.
They have, mag well, extended bolt. over size safety, comp. Several new forarms are now available. Setting mine up for USPSA and got another for home defense.
Old 03-28-2019, 7:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Sacramento Turner’s had them for grand opening price of $429.

The trigger needs to be cleaned up and can be done relatively easily (without touching the sear contact points).

A little heavy, but the more I play with it, the more I like it. (Having Glock magazines from the ‘80s doesn’t hurt. )
Old 03-28-2019, 8:10 PM

Reliable, fun to shoot. Cool survival type rifle taking glock mags. If you can take apart a 10/22 then you can handle one of these. Seems even simpler than a 10/22. Downside is kinda ugly IMO and heavier than it looks like it should be.
Old 03-28-2019, 8:28 PM

Well worth the price of admission!

Old 03-28-2019, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

I own one. Over the past year I’ve never had a jam or malfunction. I shoot a lasered 135 yard steel silhouette with mine. Thats with WWB from Walmart.

Last edited by Kokopelli; 03-28-2019 at 8:42 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 8:53 PM

Fun carbine. Only shot 100 rounds 0 issues. Have a trs25, and galloway precision charging handle and extended mag release. Easy to clean and as accurate as can be with me behind it
Old 03-29-2019, 1:30 AM

Love mine. To me, the Ruger PC Carbine is the Glock carbine that Glock never made.
Old 03-29-2019, 5:36 AM

Love mine have around 3000 rounds through it and no flaws with glock mags. It is fun, well built and accurate to 100 yds (haven't tried farther) The one problem is not enough time to spend at the range with it.
Old 03-29-2019, 6:07 AM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
i think you are confusing the term "co-witness". co-witness means that the red dot is superimposed ontop of the iron sights.

so that means the red dot should be sitting right on top of the front sight when looking through the rear sight.

with what you typed above, i feel like you mean to say that you can still use your iron sights through the empty gap on the riser.
++ What scratch said.
With a low mount I can see the irons through the gap, but there is no way I am going to be able to absolute cowitness my TRS25 with the irons.

OP regarding your original question. I actually enjoy the PC more than my 10/22, and I think it is because I am really liking the peep sights that come with the PC.

I have a CZ Scorpion carbine, and I just don't get a good cheek weld when using my irons especially with the awful fin grips. But the Ruger PC feels very natural and I can pick up my sights right away. The trigger on the Ruger is much better than the clunky trigger on the CZ.

The recoil isn't bad, but it is more than what I would expect from a 9mm carbine of its weight. There isn't a lot of muzzle lift, but it does pop back into my shoulder directly. For lack of a better term, it is almost snappy when it recoils with 115 grain S&B ammo. Again it isn't bad at all in terms of recoil, just more than you would think there should be.

Great gun overall. I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited by creampuff; 03-29-2019 at 6:10 AM..
Old 03-29-2019, 7:26 AM

Father has one and I fell in love with it. We were plinking 2" targets at 100 yards with a red dot like it was nothing. Very surprised how easy it was. Only complaint I had was the charging handle kept rattling loose after a few magazines. Might have to make modifications to keep on it on there.
Old 03-29-2019, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axhoaxho View Post
Love mine. To me, the Ruger PC Carbine is the Glock carbine that Glock never made.
Agreed!

A Glock pistol w/the PC carbine is a great combo. I've got this pair loaded and ready to use in my SecureIt quick access gun locker w/an extra mag available in my bedroom at home. There's also a fully loaded Magpul 870 w/an extra strip of shells in there too.

Last edited by sgt1372; 03-29-2019 at 12:04 PM..
Old 03-29-2019, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Come on 10mm edition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2019, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmark View Post
Come on 10mm edition!

I don't think Ruger makes a 10mm pistol to share mags with. Unless they want to scrap that idea all together and just make it Glock compatible right out of the box. This rifle in 10mm would really be something.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 03-29-2019, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
I don't think Ruger makes a 10mm pistol to share mags with. Unless they want to scrap that idea all together and just make it Glock compatible right out of the box. This rifle in 10mm would really be something.

Somebody somewhere knows what to do to make this chamber and fire safely

My supposition and dream is that they built it heavy enough to take the 10mm/.40 and used the 9mm yo test the waters. Emphasis on dream. Naysayers will crush this dream but I dream none the less.

Old 03-29-2019, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post

I stand corrected. Yes, I see the irons below the red dot.
Old 03-29-2019, 3:48 PM

Quote:
If you like the 10/22 you'll like the PC as well. Lots of similarities. Using Glock magazines is a great plus and I think it's only a matter of time before adapters for other brands of magazines will be available. A really fun plinker with a red dot on it. Good luck.
Would love a cz75 compact adapter!
Old 03-29-2019, 3:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If it came to fruition, I’d be like Agrippa sitting before St. Paul: “Almost thou persuadest me to buy a Ruger.”
Old 03-29-2019, 4:14 PM

I haven't bought a new gun in years, but I think this is my next.