Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-15-2016, 9:52 AM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prescott, in the pines
Posts: 12,787
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default Orange County Renewal - See Post # 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I just submitted my renewal application, (instructions sent from OCSD), and was told to go do my 4 hours training asap & to email in the certificate.

Thanks for the update. Did you drop off the materials, scan and email, snail mail or?

Because you're renewing now, I'm guessing your original GC was something other than SD?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-16-2016, 10:35 PM
MA5177 MA5177 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orange county
Posts: 1,404
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I just submitted my renewal application, (instructions sent from OCSD), and was told to go do my 4 hours training asap & to email in the certificate.
Thats awesome! I remember now, you were pretty much the first here to get yours but you already had a good cause.

Mine is due up in June, so I have some time and have a decent good cause.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-19-2016, 6:29 PM
Mstnpete Mstnpete is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, Kalifornia-the anti-gun state
Posts: 4,057
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

I'm submitting my renewal 90 days prior to my expiration of 5-20-2016
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-19-2016, 6:51 PM
Mstnpete Mstnpete is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, Kalifornia-the anti-gun state
Posts: 4,057
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Anyone know the renewal fees?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-19-2016, 7:30 PM
Albs's Avatar
Albs Albs is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,879
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstnpete View Post
Anyone know the renewal fees?
$77.56

http://ocsd.org/civicax/filebank/blo...x?BlobID=38303
__________________
Quote:
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-19-2016, 7:48 PM
Mstnpete Mstnpete is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, Kalifornia-the anti-gun state
Posts: 4,057
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albs View Post
Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-20-2016, 2:01 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Submitted 1/6, approved yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-20-2016, 2:49 PM
thedonger's Avatar
thedonger thedonger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,056
iTrader: 33 / 95%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
Submitted 1/6, approved yesterday.
How long from your online appointment request until your appointment?
__________________


Front Sight Ambassador Member
Email me for Memberships or Certificates

TheDonger.CalGuns@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-20-2016, 3:05 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
How long from your online appointment request until your appointment?
No appointment. Got to do the renewal training.

Dong, where is my automobile?
"Automoobbeeele???"
The donger's wasted!!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-20-2016, 5:58 PM
thedonger's Avatar
thedonger thedonger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,056
iTrader: 33 / 95%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
No appointment. Got to do the renewal training.

Dong, where is my automobile?
"Automoobbeeele???"
The donger's wasted!!
The Donger needs food!

Sent from my SM-T807P using Tapatalk
__________________


Front Sight Ambassador Member
Email me for Memberships or Certificates

TheDonger.CalGuns@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-21-2016, 8:57 AM
Mstnpete Mstnpete is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, Kalifornia-the anti-gun state
Posts: 4,057
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
Submitted 1/6, approved yesterday.
Did you mail or email your renewal application?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-21-2016, 9:19 AM
joeeeeeker's Avatar
joeeeeeker joeeeeeker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 452
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Subscribed* for examples of approved supplemental good cause for self defense

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-21-2016, 10:11 AM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstnpete View Post
Did you mail or email your renewal application?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Emailed.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-21-2016, 4:02 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,499
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
No appointment. Got to do the renewal training.

Dong, where is my automobile?
"Automoobbeeele???"
The donger's wasted!!
I submitted my renewal online on 1/15, I'm scheduled to do my training this Sun, hopefully my renewal will be as fast as yours.

So does your 2 yr start after your first 2 yr ends, or on the date of your approval? my current one doesn't expire till 4/21, I was told to submit 90 days prior. Do you "lose" that 3 months on your permit?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-21-2016, 6:37 PM
DDM4 DDM4 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N. Orange County
Posts: 58
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Great question! SoCal??
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-21-2016, 7:07 PM
Browneye's Avatar
Browneye Browneye is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North OC - So-Cal
Posts: 734
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I submitted my renewal online on 1/15, I'm scheduled to do my training this Sun, hopefully my renewal will be as fast as yours.

So does your 2 yr start after your first 2 yr ends, or on the date of your approval? my current one doesn't expire till 4/21, I was told to submit 90 days prior. Do you "lose" that 3 months on your permit?
You don't 'lose it', you apply for your renewal 90 days before it's expiration.
__________________
1911 Shooter
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-21-2016, 7:21 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prescott, in the pines
Posts: 12,787
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I submitted my renewal online on 1/15, I'm scheduled to do my training this Sun, hopefully my renewal will be as fast as yours.

So does your 2 yr start after your first 2 yr ends, or on the date of your approval? my current one doesn't expire till 4/21, I was told to submit 90 days prior. Do you "lose" that 3 months on your permit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
You don't 'lose it', you apply for your renewal 90 days before it's expiration.
Your new two years starts on the approval date. So, yes, you do lose it. For instance, you renew 90 days before your existing permit expires. If you happen to be approved within 30 days you'll lose two months.

Back in the day when there were fewer permits you only had to renew 45 days out. Doing so any earlier and you were cheating yourself out of time. Now with so many permits they want us to apply earlier. We'll see how long they take to renew people when the rush starts in June.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-22-2016, 8:37 AM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,499
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

I just got my approval letter this morning, so I applied on 1/15, got the approval this morning 1/22 pending my 4 hour training on Sun. So it looks like they're getting renewals turned around in 7 days.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2016, 8:41 AM
DDM4 DDM4 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N. Orange County
Posts: 58
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

So you are going to lose a couple months in this process by applying 90 days before?
Maybe you should wait on doing the training until you're closer to your actual permit expiration date.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-22-2016, 9:00 AM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

I believe the new start/issue date is the day they hand it to you, not the approval date. In my case, current permit expires 4/1. I got "approval" 1/19. 1/19 is not the start date of my new/renewed permit. I have to do the training, send that in, wait for them to process and then go in to pick it up. If that pick up date is say 3/24, then I lose that week from my old permit. If it is 4/8, then I have no CCW between 4/1 and 4/8. Maybe that's what everyone is saying.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-22-2016, 9:01 AM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,499
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

I'm ok with it, just glad I got renewed.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-22-2016, 9:17 AM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I'm ok with it, just glad I got renewed.
Totally.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-22-2016, 9:43 AM
CWM4A1 CWM4A1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,121
iTrader: 22 / 96%
Default

SoCalPI is correct. The new date starts at the date they handed to you, not the date you got approved. When I renew mine last October, I wait till 40 days before expire to submit my renewal application. When the date comes to pick up my permit, I was ashamed to find out I didn't bring my check book... felt really stupid. Re-schedule for two days later and end up with 2 days without carrying (mine expired the date I was supposed to pick up). Felt like I was missing something for those two days.
__________________
www.ontargetrange.com
NRA certified RSO, Pistol/Rifle/Personal Protection Inside The Home instructor, Certified SIG/Glock pistol armorer. Any question, please feel free to sent e-mail to ontargetrange@sbcglobal.net or visit our forum on Calguns under vendor section!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-22-2016, 9:00 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prescott, in the pines
Posts: 12,787
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
I believe the new start/issue date is the day they hand it to you, not the approval date. In my case, current permit expires 4/1. I got "approval" 1/19. 1/19 is not the start date of my new/renewed permit. I have to do the training, send that in, wait for them to process and then go in to pick it up. If that pick up date is say 3/24, then I lose that week from my old permit. If it is 4/8, then I have no CCW between 4/1 and 4/8. Maybe that's what everyone is saying.
Good to know, thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
I'm ok with it, just glad I got renewed.
Yeah, getting renewed is the important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDM4 View Post
So you are going to lose a couple months in this process by applying 90 days before?
Maybe you should wait on doing the training until you're closer to your actual permit expiration date.
You don't want to risk the Sheriff doing a Crazy Ivan and deciding to revoke/recall all permits issued after xx date or whatever (similar things have happened.) Best to get the permit in hand even if you do lose some time.

.

Last edited by Doheny; 01-22-2016 at 9:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-26-2016, 12:16 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,499
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Ok so here's my timeline. CCW expires 4/21/16.
I submitted my renewal app on 01/15/16
Got approval pending 4 hr training on 01/22/16
Took 4 hr training with TJ @ AllSafe on 01/24/16
Emailed Yolanda training cert 01/25/16
Appt set for this Fri 01/29/16 to "finalize" renewal

I will update on Fri afternoon. So far, no mention of another Live Scan.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prescott, in the pines
Posts: 12,787
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default Orange County Renewal - See Post # 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
Ok so here's my timeline. CCW expires 4/21/16.
I submitted my renewal app on 01/15/16
Got approval pending 4 hr training on 01/22/16
Took 4 hr training with TJ @ AllSafe on 01/24/16
Emailed Yolanda training cert 01/25/16
Appt set for this Fri 01/29/16 to "finalize" renewal

I will update on Fri afternoon. So far, no mention of another Live Scan.

No need for another LiveScan. Once you receive your initial LiveScan, the agency/organization that requested it is notified of any subsequent arrests you may receive.

.

Last edited by Doheny; 01-26-2016 at 1:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-26-2016, 1:18 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
No need for another LiveScan. Once you receive your initial LiveScan, the agency/organization that requested it is notified of any subsequent arrests you may receive.

.
Yup.

rudddogg, so you're giving up almost 3 months on your current permit? I understand the better to get it now in case they change their mind approach. Is that what you were thinking instead of stretching it out so your new permit issue is closer to your old permit expiration?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-26-2016, 1:47 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,499
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
Yup.

rudddogg, so you're giving up almost 3 months on your current permit? I understand the better to get it now in case they change their mind approach. Is that what you were thinking instead of stretching it out so your new permit issue is closer to your old permit expiration?
yup...it's fine... rather have a renewed permit in my pocket, in 2 yrs, I'll wait a bit longer before submitting for renewal.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-26-2016, 1:56 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
yup...it's fine... rather have a renewed permit in my pocket, in 2 yrs, I'll wait a bit longer before submitting for renewal.
Yeah, smart. I'll be doing the same.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-26-2016, 2:03 PM
ladiver ladiver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 226
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

My plan will be to apply for renewal 90 days out then take 30-60 days for training. Then, try and schedule the pickup about 1-2 weeks before expiration. I assume they will validate good cause before telling me to get training.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-26-2016, 2:06 PM
joeeeeeker's Avatar
joeeeeeker joeeeeeker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 452
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiver View Post
My plan will be to apply for renewal 90 days out then take 30-60 days for training. Then, try and schedule the pickup about 1-2 weeks before expiration. I assume they will validate good cause before telling me to get training.
According to ruddoggs timeline, he had an approval within 7 days, pending the class

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-26-2016, 2:08 PM
ladiver ladiver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 226
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

I understand. That is why I will take my sweet time after I get approval. I doubt they would revoke your license after they approve it. I know, anything can happen but I doubt that would.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-26-2016, 3:17 PM
JonW JonW is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 348
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
Took 4 hr training with TJ @ AllSafe on 01/24/16
I didn't see a renewal class on TJ's schedule. Is there one of his existing classes that meets the renewal criteria?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-26-2016, 3:49 PM
ruddogg's Avatar
ruddogg ruddogg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,499
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
I didn't see a renewal class on TJ's schedule. Is there one of his existing classes that meets the renewal criteria?
it's a "private" 4 hr class that he tacks on to the end of his 2 day ccw course. met him at On Target, did the 3 gun qualification, took a test, discussed all questions & answers, and discussed current laws & situations.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-26-2016, 4:16 PM
JonW JonW is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 348
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
it's a "private" 4 hr class that he tacks on to the end of his 2 day ccw course. met him at On Target, did the 3 gun qualification, took a test, discussed all questions & answers, and discussed current laws & situations.
Thanks. You have to re-qualify with all 3 guns?
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-26-2016, 4:24 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,900
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Thanks. You have to re-qualify with all 3 guns?
Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-26-2016, 9:50 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prescott, in the pines
Posts: 12,787
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
Emailed.

So you sent scanned copies of everything they need?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-26-2016, 9:58 PM
GregsCCW's Avatar
GregsCCW GregsCCW is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 233
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So ruddog, was your GC a really old one that's been approved multiple times and if so do you tailor it each time and change anything up? Do you have a by the book GC, or a more unique or not so specific one?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:03 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prescott, in the pines
Posts: 12,787
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsCCW View Post
So ruddog, was your GC a really old one that's been approved multiple times and if so do you tailor it each time and change anything up? Do you have a by the book GC, or a more unique or not so specific one?

Dude, you just got your permit. Why are you so worried about a renewal already? Plus frankly, your questions are a bit nosey if not trollish.

Slow your roll and just enjoy your permit for the next couple of years. Besides, things will likely change a time or two between now and then.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:12 PM
Albs's Avatar
Albs Albs is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,879
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Slow your roll and just enjoy your permit for the next couple of years. Besides, things will likely change a time or two between now and then.
Indeed, by then Peruta will probably have been decided, but you never know how long these thing will drag on.
__________________
Quote:
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.