Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 05-15-2019, 7:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protohyp View Post
Who likes a long reset?

Itís a noticable difference running a bill drill with an SRT vs not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your signature is ****ing obnoxious when you post 20 times on one page, jesus christ.
Old 05-15-2019, 8:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
Your signature is ****ing obnoxious when you post 20 times on one page, jesus christ.
adjusted just for you

AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:
Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off
Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off
Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off

Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Old 05-15-2019, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protohyp View Post
adjusted just for you
Thanks boo
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 PM

Default California SIG P226

Quote:
+1 this. I have a P226 Scorpion Elite that I bought because i had been lusting after a top-class, all-metal combat pistol for a really long time.

I have never been so disappointed in a gun.

It literally doesn't do anything that my $499 Glock 19 doesn't do better, faster, more comfortably, and just as accurately. My $505+transfer Beretta 92G has a better trigger pull in both DA and SA.

The P226 is a completely mediocre pistol and Sig is charging a massive premium just based on their marketing. Even if you really do want a Sig, a Scorpion Elite will run you $1149 at any Sig dealer, where at the same dealer you can get a Beretta or CZ of equal quality for $600.

Don't get me wrong--I still take my P226 to the range sometimes, and sometimes I sit at home and fondle it just for gun. It's a beautiful, well-made pistol.

But that's about all it's good for.

In California, I would skip the P226 entirely and go right to itís big brother, the P220. No funky LCI or mag disconnect, has the desirable short extractor and itís on the roster. Just got this brand new P220 off of Gunbroker for $560, my best gun purchase to date. Just get the plain Jane Nitron P220, add an SRT and you are good to go.

P.S. I agree with the above poster on the P226, I vastly prefer my G19 and G17. The P220 however is something special. Itís accuracy is quite astounding.

https://www.rainierarms.com/media/ca...m/img_9367.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by rlewpolar; 05-15-2019 at 11:02 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 4:10 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Deplorable View Post
Make sure you shoot one first and are 100% confident you want one. Sigs arent for everybody. If you dont like them, you may have to sell the CA models at a steep steep discount to get rid of them. CA Sigs are not desireable.

Make sure you really want the short reach trigger over the standard. I hate the short reach triggers, they pinch my finger against the frame and also give a painful slapping sensation in DA. Maybe its better for people with really really abnormally small hands and short fingers. I would recommend the standard trigger if you have average size hands and fingers.
I have this same complaint with the Sig short reach trigger. It was pinching my finger occasionally. Went back to the normal trigger and no problems.

On the 226, for me, the combination of the E2 grips and the normal trigger give me the perfect feel and reach to the trigger.

AR-15 Parts | We Ship FAST
Dealer | Toolcraft | Ballistic Advantage | Radian Weapons
20 yr Air Force Veteran Owned & Operated
FL Based California Escapee
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
www.spicetac.com
David@SpiceTac.com
Stick It To The Man - No Sales Tax on Cali Orders!
Old 05-16-2019, 4:55 AM

I have both the 226 Scorpion and Legion and love both of them. Very little difference. I also own glock and think the SIG feels better and performs better.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives!"

Old 05-16-2019, 7:06 AM

I have an Extreme, and it has both the short reach and SRT factory.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:08 PM

Bought the Extreme a month or so ago.... Almost bought a Legion...

The Extreme has nearly all the "Goodies" you'd want but without the Hype... Get the Extreme.. and dont look back.. Now my only regret was not looking to see it it came in FDE
Old 05-23-2019, 1:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
+1 this. I have a P226 Scorpion Elite that I bought because i had been lusting after a top-class, all-metal combat pistol for a really long time.

I have never been so disappointed in a gun.

It literally doesn't do anything that my $499 Glock 19 doesn't do better, faster, more comfortably, and just as accurately. My $505+transfer Beretta 92G has a better trigger pull in both DA and SA.

The P226 is a completely mediocre pistol and Sig is charging a massive premium just based on their marketing. Even if you really do want a Sig, a Scorpion Elite will run you $1149 at any Sig dealer, where at the same dealer you can get a Beretta or CZ of equal quality for $600.

Don't get me wrong--I still take my P226 to the range sometimes, and sometimes I sit at home and fondle it just for gun. It's a beautiful, well-made pistol.

But that's about all it's good for.
I'm a bit of a Sig fanboy but I really have to agree with this rundown. The P226 is an attractive looking well made gun and I have a couple of them that I will never sell. HOWEVER, they are way over-rated and over-priced.

Just about any gun on the roster will perform equally if not better for half the price of a Sig. Glock, XD, SDVE, Beretta 92, CZ75... you name it.

The P226 and P229 have got to be the most dissappointing guns I have ever shot. And I dont think Im the only one because there are a ton of them in the marketplace. Nobody should buy a brand new Sig until the price comes down to reality. A basic P226R should cost no more than a Beretta 92fs which is about $550. So that $300-$400 premium is pure marketing bullcrap.

For the price some CA Sigs are going for, you could get a CZ75 TS, yes they are still out there for around $1200.

Last edited by California_Deplorable; 05-23-2019 at 1:09 PM..
Old 05-23-2019, 1:13 PM

Its all about personal reference, I owns 1911 and m9, last weekend I shot friends sig mk25 and cz75. I like still like my 1911, however the sig is better than must pistol I ever shot. Now I’m also in the market for sig
Old 05-23-2019, 4:06 PM

I have the Extreme, the SRT trigger is awesome. I also removed the mag disconnect in about 5 minutes. Could care less about the LCI.
Old 05-23-2019, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
Why?
Do you compete with box stock triggers? Your carry and fun guns box stock triggers as well?
Old 06-12-2019, 10:41 PM

I went with a Scorpion, installed the Armory Craft flat trigger and called it a day

Old 06-13-2019, 4:25 AM

Just get the CA mk25, chromelined barrel, phosphate coated internals, and lastly the "legacy" short extractor.
You can always add a set kit later if the trigger really bothers you.