Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-20-2019, 8:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryMan92 View Post
Received a call today from Jenny clarifying the standard is this:

If you have a restraining order you may receive a CCW and once the restraining order is over your CCW will be revoked, otherwise, all threats (without a restraining order) are considered broadly self-defense.
Ahern may be getting b---- slapped soon.... SCOTUS wants to take a close look at Rogers before deciding whether to hear it next year.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post22687424

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 02-20-2019 at 8:50 AM..
Old 05-23-2019, 11:55 AM

Default Alameda County: Is Homelessness A Good Cause?

I just read that the homeless population has spiked 40% in Alameda county. Here in Fremont there have been numerous attacks on people in malls. One lady was attacked and hit on the head with a pipe so they could steal her purse. Another person was held at gunpoint at an ATM. Home invasion robberies and home breakins. There's no doubt that crime is on the uptick.

Any chance I can use the homeless arguement for GC and have a shot (don't laugh) at getting a CCW in Alameda county?

Finally if I were to apply and my CCW application was denied because they didn't agree with my reason, could the denial harm me in any way?
Old 05-26-2019, 7:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
I just read that the homeless population has spiked 40% in Alameda county. Here in Fremont there have been numerous attacks on people in malls. One lady was attacked and hit on the head with a pipe so they could steal her purse. Another person was held at gunpoint at an ATM. Home invasion robberies and home breakins. There's no doubt that crime is on the uptick.

Any chance I can use the homeless arguement for GC and have a shot (don't laugh) at getting a CCW in Alameda county?
Not currently. Did you read over Sheriff Ahern's Good Cause requirement? https://www.alamedacountysheriff.org/admin_ia_ccw.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
Finally if I were to apply and my CCW application was denied because they didn't agree with my reason, could the denial harm me in any way?
A denial for insufficient GC won't harm you in the future. If/when you reapply later, they'll just compare your future GC against their future GC standard.

FWIW SCOTUS will probably take at least one 2nd A case next fall. Some here (me included) think the odds are good they'll make a decision that will liberalize CCW issuance in CA before 2020 July 01.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif