Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-25-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Fung View Post
Thank you all for your insightful thoughts and advices, especially from L84CABO and caliberetta. It is clear to me now that the pistol in the OP is nothing more than what it should be- a range toy. Furthermore, it is even more clear to me now that my initial thoughts of carrying that was nothing more than a moment of passion. I had never entered nor throughly researched the custom Glock realm until I saw Jonathan’s video from Tactical-Toolbox. The moment I saw all the stuff you can do to your Glock I thought, “wow, how cool would it be to carry this and that!” But never actually thought about the practicality of the modifications. Now that passion has passed, I’m going back to my oem G19 with night sights and Inforce aplc. The discussions in this thread were eye-opening and gave me a much clearer picture of what a carry gun should be like. Thank you all again, I really appreciate your insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good thinking. I think we are all guilty of trying to add things to our gun over just simply learning how to skillfully use the gun. The excitement of Accessories (unless they are the practical sort) fades away really fast. Skills provide a lifetime of confidence.

In this day and age, the market for really cool stuff is very tempting. Don't forget, carrying a gun is extremely serious. Things can get real, really fast. Are you really prepared?

Here is a post I made from about a year ago that might help point you in the right direction:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1446634
Old 04-25-2019, 12:04 PM

I have considered getting a 2nd G19 to pimp out cause I pretty much have every pistol I want except a Gucci Glock. Then I look at the new ammo laws and ask my self how much would a reloading set up cost me...………...and the Gucci Glock fades away into the recesses of my mind...………...My 1st G19, has night sights and tons of rounds down range...………..in a 3 oclock holster that fits just fine...………

Everyone needs a Range Toy, or 15...………….but I agree with most here, minus the comment about pimp shoes, stay with the basics for carry. and everyone knows, pimp shoes go with everything!
Old 04-25-2019, 1:26 PM

I have a stock G19 with a RMR cut slide on it on my CCW, that is as fancy as it gets (and that is pretty fancy in my world). Work a range a bit with those Gucci glocks and you won't ever rely on one for life and death. But lets say you get past all the reliability issues that such modifications introduce and it is 100% reliable.. the way any lawyer will present you with something like that is going to put your life on the line (either financially or criminally) and for no added benefit.

You have to survive the shooting and the trial imho.
Old 04-25-2019, 1:30 PM

I'm glad you finally came to your senses. No, I would not carry that. Period.
Old 04-26-2019, 6:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

one thing to think of pray to god that you never have to use it but for the odds of you having to use it in a situation to protect your self you might lose that toy to the investigation after an incident has happen.

Mikes Tacticals In Tracy
07 FFL
408-406-7854
ammo/firearms/manufacturing
INQUIRYS EMAIL
CUSTOMERSERVICE@MIKES-TACTICALS.COM
FB : www.facebook.com/mikestactical
WEB:www.mikes-tacticals.com
Old 04-26-2019, 6:51 AM

Only if it came with the tacticool double picatinny rail that would mount the knife in that position. Think of the possibilities.
Old 04-26-2019, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaaka View Post
one thing to think of pray to god that you never have to use it but for the odds of you having to use it in a situation to protect your self you might lose that toy to the investigation after an incident has happen.
If I ever have to use a weapon in self defense of my life or some other innocent person, the loss of the gun, whatever its value is a CHEAP price to pay. I never let that thought dictate what weapon I carry and anyone who does hasn't really examined the reality of the potential situation OR they are carrying a gun that represents far too much of their income or net worth...
Old 04-26-2019, 2:51 PM

Really?
It looks ridiculous.
Old 04-26-2019, 3:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
No.

Difficult to conceal.

Too many ways it can snag during the draw stroke.

Perfectly appropriate for the BBQ.
Agreed.

burnedglock-e1380333481406.jpg

Old 04-26-2019, 3:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Hesekiel View Post
Let me be as polite as I can:
Are you out of your f*cking mind?

Let's assume you have more money than brains, and your Sheriff is a total wacko who loves Liberace and wears women's clothes off duty, you'd still give the D.A. prosecuting you a wonderful present when he can show the jury that you are a gun freak who should not be having access to any weapon.
Hey! The FUD Man is in town!

Old 04-26-2019, 4:10 PM
Veteran Member

Generally speaking, the more heavily modified the gun is, the less suitable it becomes as a combat/defensive gun imho. Carry guns should have as few extra doo-dads hanging off them so that they are fast, easy to operate, and have less things to malfunction.

Internal modifications are slightly different. While I have no interest in putting a competition trigger kit into my carry guns, I do carry a glock with a 3.5lb connector and 6lb trigger spring. It's a super easy modification that slightly lightens the trigger pull and improves trigger reset and doesn't effect the appearance of the gun whatsoever.

"Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:26 AM
Veteran Member

I carry my FI Mk. 2 Glock 19 with RMR and X300u all the time.

Old 04-27-2019, 5:31 AM

"Let me be as polite as I can:
Are you out of your f*cking mind?"
Old 04-27-2019, 6:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
I don’t know...that looks like an extra-crispy modification, which would open up all kinds of liability issues (Prop 65 carcinogen notices, etc.) including claims of insanity.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Fung View Post
Cool, right? But this begs the question of whether or not it’s worth it to carry such an expensive and “scary” looking firearm. (Note that scary is in quotations, which is one of the main points of this discussion).

I know the essential modifications that should be done to an EDC weapon are the internals. But there are legal advices from professionals to avoid such modifications because the prosecutor can use this against you, and I do plan to leave all that stock because of possible legal repercussions if I ever had to use this in a self-defense situation.

Yes, I know you can carry anything you want from caliber to handgun models, within reasons. Yes, I know you should carry something that you like or is comfortable with. But would you carry something so expensive and tacti-cool knowing that your CCW will be confiscated by the police as evidence and you may or may never get it back, and something that may or may not be used against you in court?

Again, please note I’m not talking about the possible legal repercussions of internals of a CCW, but the externals. I have read from professional sources that if you had to use your CCW in a self-defense situation, no matter your CCW is bare-bone stock or modified, the prosecutor will try to find anything to pin in on you, being that with little-to-no modifications to a CCW is best so it gives the prosecutor less of an opportunity to put you in jail. What are your thoughts and feelings of carrying a customized tacti-cool CCW (fears of legal repercussions, worth it or not, cool or dumb idea, etc.)?
a. It's not a brilliant idea.

b. "Tactical" is what you do, and has little, if anything, to do with your gun.

c. Assuming a "good" shoot, why do you think you'll be prosecuted and possibly put in jail. If you are actually prosecuted and jailed, it will be because you were in a bad shoot. At that point, begin praying for an excellent attorney and the money to pay for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarosa View Post
On the plus side if you ever had to draw it odds are the bad guy would be laughing so hard he'd probably drop his own gun.
A good way to save on ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Hesekiel View Post
Let's assume you have more money than brains, and your Sheriff is a total wacko who loves Liberace and wears women's clothes off duty, you'd still give the D.A. prosecuting you a wonderful present when he can show the jury that you are a gun freak who should not be having access to any weapon.
So again, after a good shoot, why is the DA prosecuting???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
I would be ashamed to show my face if I carried something so ludicrous.
It's more than a little ghetto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedStyleOMG View Post
If you ever have to use your gun in an actual defensive situation, the prosecution will use this against you.

They will say you were not only looking to shoot someone but to kill them for fun based on how your gun looks. And it will probably work on the likely libtards that are in your jury box.
Your turn.

Why are you being prosecuted following a good shoot in "an actual defensive situation"????

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

Last edited by -hanko; 04-27-2019 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-29-2019, 2:32 PM

That rig is only appropriate for carry on Tatooine. It will be perfect at the cantina.
Old 05-01-2019, 6:14 AM

I IWB carry a G26 w/night sights and a P3AT in my front pocket. That would be a better home defense/range gun for me. I would like to have a Gucci'd up G19 just for the fun of it.

FAS1 SAFE
Old 05-01-2019, 7:07 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedStyleOMG View Post
If you ever have to use your gun in an actual defensive situation, the prosecution will use this against you.

They will say you were not only looking to shoot someone but to kill them for fun based on how your gun looks. And it will probably work on the likely libtards that are in your jury box.
Okay newbie... Show me any case that resulted in a conviction or one dollar awarded in a civil case because of what the gun looked like.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.