Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2015, 9:23 AM

Default Shipping Ammo to Napa

Just moved into Napa recently. I was recently told by Freedom Munitions that they can only ship to an FFL in the county. And Sacramento Black Rifle's website says they will not ship to Napa County. Does anyone know why this is?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:22 AM

THIS IS FUD! Sportsman's Guide and some other jackasses all won't sell if you're in Napa County specifically. It is wrong. My research is the same as everyone else's except I have the benefit of actually being a lawyer living and working here. There is NO county law which prohibits the shipment of ammo. What happens is somewhere along the way a big online retailer gets its facts wrong and puts something up saying "no shipments", and then other shops who don't want to go out of pocket to hire their own attorney to review their sales policies simply cut and paste what they see on the web, assuming it to be fact/accurate/the law, etc. It's all BS. For those of us that know this, we don't support those businesses. The Napa County Code is online. We have no ordinances which prevent ammo shipments or anything like this. My UPS guy hates offloading my crates of Mosin ammo.
Anyway, end rant, just use the good shops. Yeah it sucks we can't get in on some of the sales from Sportsman's Guide, but eff them. They're incompetent anyway.
Old 01-22-2015, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crya79 View Post
THIS IS FUD! Sportsman's Guide and some other jackasses all won't sell if you're in Napa County specifically. It is wrong. My research is the same as everyone else's except I have the benefit of actually being a lawyer living and working here. There is NO county law which prohibits the shipment of ammo. What happens is somewhere along the way a big online retailer gets its facts wrong and puts something up saying "no shipments", and then other shops who don't want to go out of pocket to hire their own attorney to review their sales policies simply cut and paste what they see on the web, assuming it to be fact/accurate/the law, etc. It's all BS. For those of us that know this, we don't support those businesses. The Napa County Code is online. We have no ordinances which prevent ammo shipments or anything like this. My UPS guy hates offloading my crates of Mosin ammo.
Anyway, end rant, just use the good shops
. Yeah it sucks we can't get in on some of the sales from Sportsman's Guide, but eff them. They're incompetent anyway.
Maybe give him some ammo as a nice tip and he wont hate you as much,,,, I know I could use some ammo for my mosin....LOL
Old 02-06-2015, 5:33 PM

Thats a bummer because over here in Sonoma County I get freedom shipped frequently, they are very fast to process orders and havent had a single complaint from the 1000's of reloaded .223 and .40 rounds ive fired.
Heck they make 40S&W affordable at $0.23/rd.

I hope they work out their discrepancies.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:39 PM

Have had no problem with items being shipped to Napa. Except the mailman complains of the weight.
Old 02-07-2017, 6:28 PM

I know for a fact that Freedom Munitions ships to Napa. The person you called doesn't do the shipping. Order it and it will come. Ammunition Depot is also gtg.

Last edited by BB1776; 02-07-2017 at 6:36 PM..