Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 07-03-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by Garyson1311; 11-13-2014 at 11:09 AM..
Old 07-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Give me a buzz after 3pm. 760 912-2344

Jordan
Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Better start shopping for belts and holsters!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 5:09 PM
retired Goon

Unless it's changed under the new Sheriff; once you get sent off to get live scanned, you are good-to-go.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 07-03-2013, 7:37 PM

You are in, as long as you can hit a humanoid target at 5 yards. I even witnessed some that couldn't and still passed.Think guys with airweight 357s. Gut guns at best.
Old 07-05-2013, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyson1311 View Post
Trapper, I didnt call ya because I wasnt off work until 6 and I didnt see a response about calling you then so I didnt wanna disturb in case you were busy. I would still like to chat with ya
Sure! I was helped tremendously by fellow CGers so I'll spread the wealth as well. Anytime!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

How long did it take you until you got interviewed since you called for appointment?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperP2005 View Post
Sure! I was helped tremendously by fellow CGers so I'll spread the wealth as well. Anytime!

half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..

Old 07-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Actually it was kind of a funny thing.

I called at the end of may (I believe it could of been the beginning of June) to schedule my appointment and I was slotted for a mid November interview. At that point, I figured I had time to relax and kind of tried not to think about how long i'd have to wait until the interview. Then out of the blue, around june 15th or so I got a call from Det. Logan and she asked me if I was interested in moving my interview up! I said "Heck yes!" and then I got slotted for July 2nd. She actually wanted to do it a week earler than July 2 but I was going to be out of town (It was very hard saying no to her). I don't know what the shakeup was that caused me to get bumped up so far but I was happy.

During my interview I kind of mentioned that I was grateful to be moved up so far in hopes of having some light shed as to what happened and she just said "Yeah, you got bumped up a long way." and didnt offer any more insight.
That's very interesting. That's a huge bump. Maybe a really good cause? or a business owner?
Old 08-21-2013, 4:13 AM

My boss's boss had quite a snit when they got the employment verification form. Wanted to put all sorts of stuff in my personnel file stating that I understand our company's "weapons in the workplace" policies. Mind you, we all get that annual review and it goes in to ALL of our files, but he wanted "special documentation". Ultimately I told him if that is what he needs to do then great, it had just better be exactly the same as anybody else who works for our company who has a CCW and that I knew of several throughout the company and that I would compare before going to HR over it. Ultimately our HR department told him to knock it off, it was none of his business and he let it go. The "G-word" makes otherwise rational people go a bit nuts. I wish the Sheriff's Dept. would disclose this type of information. They could have just labelled as "part of a background investigation" and been just fine and not freaked anybody out.

But you are as good as gold as long as everything comes back clean.
Old 08-21-2013, 7:44 AM

My employment verification was sent back yesterday.
Old 08-22-2013, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpljbone View Post
Anyone who is unemployed / a full time student go through this process? If so how did you handle it and how did they handle the application?
I'm no longer a student, nor unemployed, but I did ask those questions during my application process so far.

Scenario 1: If you live at home with your parent(s) (for free), then you won't have a rental agreement or homeowner deed to present for your paperwork. In this case, they ask you to bring in a typed + notarized statement from one of your parents, essentially stating that you live with them full-time.

Scenario 2: If you're a student and don't have a job, they would likely send a 'college verification letter', or something to that effect to your campus administrators in lieu of the employment verification.

Scenario 3: If you're a student and have a job, they send the employment verification letter to your employer. Additionally, if living on-campus (i.e dorm rooms or apartments), this will affect your residency if outside of SBCO.

I would urge you to read through the threads on CalCCW.com, in addition to the LTC Forum here on CalGuns. I've been using both to educate myself along the way and have found them to be immensely helpful.

Source(s) of information: Joyce from SBCOSD Employee Services & Detective Logan.

Good luck!

Last edited by Foxmaster05; 08-22-2013 at 8:12 AM.. Reason: Added additional info
Old 08-23-2013, 5:04 AM

Great job on getting through the process in SBCO.

Does it strike anyone as completely ridiculous that this process exists to the extent it does?

My Butte County CCW was almost treated as shall issue and took about a month to get form application to receipt.

All this investigation, talking to neighbors (the last people I want knowing I have and carry a weapon) months of waiting, interviews is complete BS.

Back to SBCO...my advice, once you have your CCW, is carry all the time. Everyday, everywhere (legal) and encourage EVERYONE you known to apply for their CCW.

Lastly, and again great job!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpljbone View Post
Anyone who is unemployed / a full time student go through this process? If so how did you handle it and how did they handle the application?
Unemployed/self employed, kinda the same thing

I don't have a real job, just do special projects for many different company's/people. In my interview they asked about my employment, which turned into a longish conversation about what I do for money. No boss/HR to talk to. My application & permit say self employed.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Got a text from my neighbor yesterday.. Sbco investigator went to her house and paid her a visit! I guess that's a good thing
Quote:
My employer received the verification letter today.. I actually saw the letter and didnt know they diclose to your employer that you are applying for a CCW.. I didnt care that much but I did get some scrutiny like some people saying "So your planning on bringing a gun to work?". It made for kind of an interesting conversation to say the least. I understand its part of the process but im not sure I like my work knowing that I applied. Oh well, I guess that means they are moving along with the process
I hope you get your permit but this is something with SB County that I just don't agree with. You aren't applying for an LEO position or a security clearance, so what is up with all these personal interviews? And I can't say about you, but most people have at least one neighbor who is a complete *******. And they send a notice to your work? Why does your work need to know anything about your CCW permit unless it is a condition of employment? Their whole process is bull**** when it comes to the "background" investigation. It is just another tactic to get people to not apply.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Banned

sb5265 Does it strike anyone as completely ridiculous that this process exists to the extent it does?

It just got worse. My buddy went to have a gun inspected for renewal (he has been in the system for a long time) and they said he has to fill out the entire application again from scratch, as though he was never in the system, except for the letters of reference. He also said there is a big sign in front of employee servieces that says DOJ has changed the CCW rules. They also told him that 'Personal Protection' is no longer good cause. In addition, they no longer want to inspect the weapon, but just run it thru the DOJ.

Last edited by HighLander51; 08-28-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 09-15-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLander51 View Post
sb5265 Does it strike anyone as completely ridiculous that this process exists to the extent it does?

It just got worse. My buddy went to have a gun inspected for renewal (he has been in the system for a long time) and they said he has to fill out the entire application again from scratch, as though he was never in the system, except for the letters of reference. He also said there is a big sign in front of employee servieces that says DOJ has changed the CCW rules. They also told him that 'Personal Protection' is no longer good cause. In addition, they no longer want to inspect the weapon, but just run it thru the DOJ.

When I went through my renewal class last month, they said they want you to explain what personal protection means to you and not just write those two words. They aren't going to deny you based on your good cause, Dep. Hendrix said that even using "The world is a dangerous place full of dangerous people looking for victims" would be acceptable. Or half joking she said "I have to travel through Victorville" would be acceptable.

Yes, they want any gun that is on a CCW to be "registered" to you. I think it's BS, the whole process is way overblown and leads to the massive delays.