Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 PM

Default Amazed

I don't know where to put this. I am astonished at the amount of people get pissed off at Obama and politicians for using shooting to ban guns, but they are using the threat of bans to price gouge. Selling a basic ak for 1500+ selling mags for 20+ what is the difference. One uses death to further political gains and we have cal gunners using senseless shooting to price gouge for financial gain. Before I am bashed I am not at all for one second defending, supporting or giving admiration for Obama.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

You're comparing apples to oranges.. It's a free market, you don't have to buy. However you will have to comply, one is voluntary one is not.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM

I guess I just expected more from fellow cal gunners.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
I guess I just expected more from fellow cal gunners.
I know what you mean, it feels like your part of a special community of enthusiasts and then you realize its not what ou think.

I also understand vmwerks point of free market.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:26 PM

A free market is one thing. Calguns is supposed to be a group of like minded people with common interests. The weasels who are gouging do not belong on this site, yet Kestryl defends them and bans those who dare speak against their gouging.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Yup. Lame.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:52 PM

It is good to ban the people that try to point out an injustice and protect new members who may be less informed because they are only trolling and breaking forum rules ...... Not serious of course
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
A free market is one thing. Calguns is supposed to be a group of like minded people with common interests. The weasels who are gouging do not belong on this site, yet Kestryl defends them and bans those who dare speak against their gouging.
It seems he only blocks people from the market place who thread crap. There's still a thread going on by people who are complaining, just like the OP. Maybe the OP should be using that no?

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 AM

I'm assuming I'm op? Not sure what it stands for. I think there is a difference from thread crapping and pointing out the gouging going on. If someone is selling a ruger 22/45 for $1400 it shouldn't be considered thread crapping to say its only worth 300 or so depending...... It is not a negative statement against seller just pointing out reality. Now if they were bashing the seller I could see a problem. Unfortunately most new buyers don't know what a true price is. Idk I guess I just care to much about people I should have the common response of "screw everyone put money in my pocket"
Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 AM
In Memoriam

I feel that people should be free to ask any price they want, and their thread should not be hijacked by people complaining about the price. But I also think that others should be allowed to start threads where they can comment on prices and express their opinions about price gouging etc., but those threads should not be in the "for sale" forum. Maybe a sticky thread on the marketplace forum that warns people about the importance of comparison shopping and other buying tips might be appropriate.

As far as posting
Quote:
someone is selling a ruger 22/45 for $1400 it shouldn't be considered thread crapping to say its only worth 300 or so depending...... It is not a negative statement against seller just pointing out reality.
my question would be "who determines what the reality price is?" I'd say the only way to determine the reality price is what someone pays for it. Stating that it is any other amount is just one's opinion.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 AM

I guess I should just keep my fingers quiet and watch people get taken advantage of by a cal gunners excited to screw someone whoops I mean charge a fair market value in a free market. Remember the people who are buying at these prices tend to be new to the firearm community and the only thing they will remember is how they got screwed by a 2nd amendment supporter. Are we trying to teach people or trying to make as much money from people that may not know better? I know the argument people can research prices and such, but they are scared and unsure. We as cal gunners should be teaching and helping instead of taking triple the money we should for something.
Old 12-27-2012, 8:26 AM

I think thread crapping based on price should be allowed. Personal attacks to the seller shouldnt be allowed but posting price comparisons, links to other similar products with a lower price etc should be ok. Thats true enthusiast behavior, always looking out for the fellow enthusiast. If you have the right to ask $Xxxxx.xx for your product then you shouldnt be affraid of other products like yours selling for a lower price elsewhere. You should be confident in your price and the value of your item.......... or you should reprice it according to competition. This being an enthusiasts community it should be geared toward the interests of the users and it seems the interests are best served in a competitive market not a protected market.
Old 12-27-2012, 9:19 AM
Veteran Member

You are not paying more for the gun. You are paying for the convenience of not having to wait for it.

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson

Last edited by Quinc; 12-27-2012 at 9:27 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 8:03 PM

I might be wrong on this, but I think it's called capitolism. The only ones not complaining are the ones who are prepared.
Old 12-29-2012, 5:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Ask yourself this Mark. Please, this is not meant to offend, only offer another opinion and stir up some critical thinking.

I saw a 60's muscle car I wanted a while back. It was over priced because it was rare. I didn't choose to buy it. This is a 40+ year-old car mind you...

High-end black guns are about to be very, very valuable. Because they are about to be come hard to obtain. How much is a SCAR worth to someone? How about an LMT piston AR? When they might be unavailable in 45 days, how is that different that selling a rare vehicle?

I just don't see people getting mad at car collectors...

When it comes down to it, guns are a commodity. Property to be owned, purchased, & sold. Frenzied markets come and go.

Good luck all... - DAW
Old 12-29-2012, 5:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Ask yourself this Mark. Please, this is not meant to offend, only offer another opinion and stir up some critical thinking.

I saw a 60's muscle car I wanted a while back. It was over priced because it was rare. I didn't choose to buy it. This is a 40+ year-old car mind you...

High-end black guns are about to be very, very valuable. Because they are about to be come hard to obtain. How much is a SCAR worth to someone? How about an LMT piston AR? When they might be unavailable in 45 days, how is that different that selling a rare vehicle?

I just don't see people getting mad at car collectors...

When it comes down to it, guns are a commodity. Property to be owned, purchased, & sold. Frenzied markets come and go.

Good luck all... - DAW
Old 12-29-2012, 5:49 PM
Internet 'Tough Guy'

You're easily amazed. I'm guessing you're a youngster.