Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2018, 9:17 AM

Default Turners Policy on Real ID vs. Federal Limits Apply? Firearm purchases...

Hello, another longtime customer family here. Would like to know Turner’s Policy on Real ID’s vs Federal Limits Apply on DL identification requirements when purchasing firearms. I’ve searched and can’t find anything put out by Turners that would help me understand it’s stance on this.

Do you have an outline or summary on this you can share?

Do you accept federal limits apply DL’s for firearm purchases?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Defense View Post
Hello, another longtime customer family here. Would like to know Turner’s Policy on Real ID’s vs Federal Limits Apply on DL identification requirements when purchasing firearms. I’ve searched and can’t find anything put out by Turners that would help me understand it’s stance on this.

Do you have an outline or summary on this you can share?

Do you accept federal limits apply DL’s for firearm purchases?

Thanks.

Checking back in. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2018, 8:47 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Sorry for the delay, in most cases a federal ID is OK to use, kinda hard to determine validity on blanket statement for all IDs, but for those who simply didn't apply for the REAL ID and renewed their license after the cutoff and have that verbage on there, as long as as the other legal residency requirements are met you SHOULD be fine. Just head in and speak with an associate and they'll get you squared away.

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill | Temecula
| Torrance | Victorville | West Covina | Salinas | Sacramento | Fresno | Modesto | Roseville | Stockton | Santa Clarita | Fresno |Bakersfield| West Bakersfield | Palm Desert | Tucson|

33 Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!
Old 08-15-2018, 8:08 PM

Talking

I just bought a rifle and had it shipped to a local FFL in SoCal. They ran my DL (renewed in June without the real-ID opt.) and told me that it will likely be kicked back, and no news is good news.

Well, I freaked out a bit and spent some time the next day at the DMV, appropriate documents in hand, and applied to have my license changed to the Real ID version. By the way, I told them I had JUST renewed my license and was curious the cost. The DMV clerk said he would just convert it. Cost: $0

Just to check with an establishment that I know and trust... and have purchased firearms through before, I called the Turner's near me. They told me that I should be fine if the FFL sent the information over. I was told that if a new license was renewed after Jan. 22, then it was going to have the language on it, but all they had to do was ask a few questions that might help verify that I am, in fact, a US citizen. They then would be able to send the "federal limits apply" license over, and it shouldn't be kicked back.

If this is the case, GREAT! I only have 9 more days to wait ...

If it is not the case, then I will likely need to wait for the actual license to come in the mail (figure my temp is basically worthless), then start the 10-day period all over again. But again, if that's the case, then it is what it is, and there isn't anything I can really do at this point but wait.

~knocks on wood for luck

Last edited by Klipsh; 08-16-2018 at 3:32 PM..
Old 08-24-2018, 5:08 PM

Just for confirmation: Today, I picked up my Tac A1 on the Federal Limits Apply license! She's home, safe and sound with me.
Please help our community look better by using the most correct terminology. It sounds bad when you call your paper/clay-shooter a weapon. California is already bad enough. Help to increase awareness and erase ignorance.

weap·on (wepən) noun - a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.
- a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.
Old 08-31-2018, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy View Post
Sorry for the delay, in most cases a federal ID is OK to use, kinda hard to determine validity on blanket statement for all IDs, but for those who simply didn't apply for the REAL ID and renewed their license after the cutoff and have that verbage on there, as long as as the other legal residency requirements are met you SHOULD be fine. Just head in and speak with an associate and they'll get you squared away.

Hello

I recently went to the Turners in San Marcos and asked about "selling" a firearm with an ID that was just renewed this month (August) with the Fed Limits Apply on it. I was told that all PPT's will require a Real ID weather buying or selling. I mentioned that the ID was issued after the Jan 22nd cut off and also that it should "only apply to purchasing" but she stated it was now company a policy.

ThatOneTurnersGuy, could you please confirm this either way because I believe that is completely false information.

Thank you and a great day

Matt
Old 08-31-2018, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us3 View Post
Hello

I recently went to the Turners in San Marcos and asked about "selling" a firearm with an ID that was just renewed this month (August) with the Fed Limits Apply on it. I was told that all PPT's will require a Real ID weather buying or selling. I mentioned that the ID was issued after the Jan 22nd cut off and also that it should "only apply to purchasing" but she stated it was now company a policy.

ThatOneTurnersGuy, could you please confirm this either way because I believe that is completely false information.

Matt

Tracking...
Old 09-01-2018, 7:15 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by us3 View Post
Hello

Matt
Im sorry Matt this is most definitely not company policy. Many times with all the laws and changes that take effect signals get crossed. I have spoken within the store manager at that location to make sure we are all on the same page. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

| Torrance | Victorville | West Covina | Salinas | Sacramento | Fresno | Modesto | Roseville | Stockton | Santa Clarita | Fresno |Bakersfield| West Bakersfield | Palm Desert | Tucson|

33 Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!
Old 09-01-2018, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy View Post
Im sorry Matt this is most definitely not company policy. Many times with all the laws and changes that take effect signals get crossed. I have spoken within the store manager at that location to make sure we are all on the same page. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you Chris, I appreciate the confirmation and also contacting the store so they are not giving out false info.

Have a good one

Matt
Old 09-09-2018, 7:30 AM

Im out of the country much and am dense about REAL ID. Must i have a REAL ID to buy/sell guns now? Or do I have to carry alternative docs like birth certificate, etc, all the time?
Old 09-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesV View Post
Im out of the country much and am dense about REAL ID. Must i have a REAL ID to buy/sell guns now? Or do I have to carry alternative docs like birth certificate, etc, all the time?
No you do not NEED a real id to purchase a gun it makes it a bit easier to verify residency and such but an ID with FLA is still a ok

33 Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!