Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2015, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpizzay View Post
It's because we're cheap and will never pay retail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's definitely true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2015, 6:37 PM
Calguns Addict

The Navy took me to Taiwan, Japan, China, the PI and Thailand. Subic Bay, PI. was our home port while in the western Pacific.

Met a lot of nice people while in my travels. This was in 62' thru 63'.

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Last edited by GMG; 04-24-2015 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-04-2015, 7:41 AM

I'm Sri Lankan and have fire arms.... Does that count haha
Old 06-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Good thread.

I am not asian. My best friend has a background that is vietnamese. He is a pro-gun as you can get. HE served in the military in the last war in the sandbox and loves the USA and Guns. what a buddy.
Old 06-04-2015, 1:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I look japanese when drinking too much,,,

Love the firearm. Sober!
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 06-04-2015, 1:47 PM
Veteran Member

First gen Asian American. Dad, Gramps, and Uncles fought along side the US during VN. When the US/Allies pulled out of the war, commies came down to slaughter all of the "traitors". My people were advised to flee to Thailand and they would be given refugee status so here we are in the US. There's more to the story, but this is the short, PC version. My people aren't even on the US Census and we're listed as "Other Asian" in DES.

Dad had a 20g Remington; still owns it. He wants me to buy him a pistol. After I told him that I'd teach him proper mechanics and safety, he said, "Dat take too long. . ." I bought him a knife instead.

Nowadays, my parents take my words as law. What I explain to them, they accept and try to pass onto others who are uneducated about the happenings of the world. I'd say that I'm properly assimilating them into the American culture. They both are US citizens and make comments about illegal immigrants all the time. lol

Now, how many of you know other Asian gun owners that make the rest of us responsible owners look bad. You know, the mall ninja Asians that only add to the stereotypes. These are the lemmings that are the equivalent to "gun hipsters". Granted, "gun hipsters" fall into all races and are all fools, but not many Asians develop their own personalities and tend to follow the crowd.

EDIT: Watch "Fresh Off the Boat". . . Pretty much first gen AA's growing up in the 90's.

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom

Last edited by code_blue; 06-05-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-05-2015, 10:35 AM

Going to sound funny, but I think asians make some really good americans. A buddy of mine from vietnam originally told me that after you live in a communist country you appreciate freedom. His dad fought with our side in the vietnam war but could not get out. he saved his orders to prove his status when they got out of dodge. They have lived the american dream. All kids have degrees and good jobs.

Also asians bring good food, pretty woman and such.
Old 06-05-2015, 1:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was born here, but parents came from Taiwan. I actually know a lot of asians who are firearms owners. My dad is pro gun, mom is not an Anti per se, but definitely isn't pro either. Wife is from China and is pro gun, though she isn't into shooting herself.
Old 06-05-2015, 1:21 PM

First generation Filipino-American. My Dad owned a S&W .38spl and took me to the range when I was in high school. My mom is indifferent. My wife is also 1st gen Filipino-American and when I first purchased a handgun for home defense she was a little hesitant (we have 3 young children). I now have a full safe of firearms and she's accepted it and is actually comforted they're here.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:38 AM

Born in Taiwan but came here when I was 3 months old. My grandma made my dad promise three things; don't do opium (my parents are old), don't be a gangster, and don't "run guns." So growing up my dad was about as anti guns as you could be...despite voting Republican for 60 years. Wouldn't even let me play Duck Hunt on the Nintendo. Bought my first pistol 5 years ago (glock 21) and due to my OCD not a day has gone by where I haven't checked onto Calguns.

A white coworker once told me "Everyone thinks that white rednecks are the gun nuts in this country...eff that its the Asians!"
Old 06-30-2015, 6:36 PM

I am a second generation Taiwanese American, born and raised here in SoCal. My family is pretty anti-gun, and my aunt lives in a gated community. My father served in the Republic Of China Army as a teenager (中華民國陸軍) and had experience firing an M1 carbine.

I hardly talk about gun rights with my family because of several arguments I have had with my parents and family. My dad once told me that since we weren't fighting the British anymore we had every obligation to give up our guns. Another time, we were watching news about the gun debate, and when I explained my side, the first things he asked were "why does anyone need an assault rifle" and "Japan and Taiwan have no gun deaths." I then brought up Switzerland and he said "They haven't had a mass shooting yet" and then he said that "there was no way you could keep guns in the house or your kids would shoot themselves." I also brought up car accidents but he said "guns are ONLY for killing" and he said I was talking like an "extremist" for simply talking about gun rights. I never brought the subject up with him since.

I also had some arguments with my mother, who said that she was angered by LaPierre's speech after Sandy Hook, and that the parents who lost their kids had "every right" to make a decision for everyone. She also said that she "hated guns" and that she "wouldn't care if black kids were shot in the slums, but would be devastated if anything happened to our family." The day after Sandy Hook happened, she signed a petition for more gun control.

After my older sister came back from Las Vegas with a t-shirt she got at the Gun Store, my parents started feeling uncomfortable and said it had "violent images." To my surprise, she did not enjoy going to the range and it did not help her get over her fear for guns; but she at least was more understanding than my folks. One day my sister and I were driving and after talking about employment opportunities in Texas she asked if "you have to own a gun there?" I then told her about how concealed carry did not correlate with violent crimes, and that by exercising that right, violent criminals would be held at bay by armed citizens while the police arrived.

Since then, I've been hiding in the pro-gun closet amidst a family of anti's, but to this day I'm still afraid to speak about this matter for fear of alienating the family. But it's good to know that there are several Asian folks on this forum who can relate.

Last edited by tngjstn; 06-30-2015 at 6:39 PM..
Old 07-02-2015, 9:31 PM

1st American born. Folks came over from Japan around 1958-1960. Not exactly the best time but they saw a lot of potential here than in the old country. They're pacifists so naturally they're Antis.

I'm clearly the opposite. Joined the Marines in '84 and served thru Desert Storm. MOS were 0331/32 & 0341: Crew served weapons like the M252 & M29 81 mm mortars, the M2HB .50 cal, Mk.19 Mod 3 40 mm and the M60 7.62 mm series machineguns. After coming home from Boot Camp, folks really couldn't say I shouldn't own any civilian firearms since I was trained by the government to use restricted weapon systems. Even cross-trained with anti-tank weapons and explosives.

Funny thing, the events that happened in 1992 and 1994 changed my parents view on the 2A. Not completely but they became more tolerant after the LA Riots and Northridge Quake. Both times they were happy I was protecting the homestead with my toys. Taught my dad how to use my .22 and he seems content with that. Mom, still won't touch one but at least she's not giving me the "Mom Glare" over it.

When they saw how powerless the LAPD, LASD, CHP and National Guard were and hearing "You're on your own.", they realized LA isn't like Japan at all. They realized that they couldn't count on a "civil" society staying civil during a major crisis.

Nowadays, as they're enjoying their retirement, they're thinking about moving out of LA due to things like rising cost of living and rising crime rates. One place they're considering is Texas.

Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT

Last edited by jigenax; 07-02-2015 at 9:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2015, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenax View Post
1st American born. Folks came over from Japan around 1958-1960. Not exactly the best time but they saw a lot of potential here than in the old country. They're pacifists so naturally they're Antis.

I'm clearly the opposite. Joined the Marines in '84 and served thru Desert Storm. MOS were 0331/32 & 0341: Crew served weapons like the M252 & M29 81 mm mortars, the M2HB .50 cal, Mk.19 Mod 3 40 mm and the M60 7.62 mm series machineguns. After coming home from Boot Camp, folks really couldn't say I shouldn't own any civilian firearms since I was trained by the government to use restricted weapon systems. Even cross-trained with anti-tank weapons and explosives.

Funny thing, the events that happened in 1992 and 1994 changed my parents view on the 2A. Not completely but they became more tolerant after the LA Riots and Northridge Quake. Both times they were happy I was protecting the homestead with my toys. Taught my dad how to use my .22 and he seems content with that. Mom, still won't touch one but at least she's not giving me the "Mom Glare" over it.

When they saw how powerless the LAPD, LASD, CHP and National Guard were and hearing "You're on your own.", they realized LA isn't like Japan at all. They realized that they couldn't count on a "civil" society staying civil during a major crisis.

Nowadays, as they're enjoying their retirement, they're thinking about moving out of LA due to things like rising cost of living and rising crime rates. One place they're considering is Texas.
Why cant we get more immigrants like your parents? They came here legally had a patriot for a child and finally got it about guns.

Lots of people's tunes change when something like that happens. many white liberals near baltimore MD had their opinions shift on guns after the recent riots.

Last edited by the-right-way; 07-06-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOne View Post
I'm Sri Lankan and have fire arms.... Does that count haha

I thought I'd be the only one of Sri Lankan descent here...lol

My mom and dad moved here in the mid/late 70's, got married, and I was born in the 80's and raised here in the San Frenando Valley. Back in the 80's my folks lived in a shady part of town, so my dad bought a Mossberg 500, luckily he never had to use it and it never left the box (including loaded or shot) until I was old enough and broke it in at the range with some of my buddies. Since then the gun has been mine. I wasn't really into guns until a buddy of mine took me to the range and he let me try some of his various guns, since then I've been hooked. I recently pickled up a 10/22 which I got carried away with mods, and now I'm looking to do the same with the Mossberg...lol

My mom never liked the shotgun being in the house, which is why I'm sure my dad gave it to me. My dad is indifferent, he bought the Mossberg because he had a valid reason, he doesn't see why I want to continue to buy more guns, so I wont tell him when I do, haha

Last edited by Wookie384; 07-06-2015 at 11:44 AM..
Old 07-06-2015, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie384 View Post
I thought I'd be the only one of Sri Lankan descent here...lol

My mom and dad moved here in the mid/late 70's, got married, and I was born in the 80's and raised here in the San Frenando Valley. Back in the 80's my folks lived in a shady part of town, so my dad bought a Mossberg 500, luckily he never had to use it and it never left the box (including loaded or shot) until I was old enough and broke it in at the range with some of my buddies. Since then the gun has been mine. I wasn't really into guns until a buddy of mine took me to the range and he let me try some of his various guns, since then I've been hooked. I recently pickled up a 10/22 which I got carried away with mods, and now I'm looking to do the same with the Mossberg...lol

My mom never liked the shotgun being in the house, which is why I'm sure my dad gave it to me. My dad is indifferent, he bought the Mossberg because he had a valid reason, he doesn't see why I want to continue to buy more guns, so I wont tell him when I do, haha
Sri Lanka?

I know that is really close to india, but its not part of india right? Is it cultural similar or not even close?
Old 07-06-2015, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-right-way View Post
Sri Lanka?

I know that is really close to india, but its not part of india right? Is it cultural similar or not even close?
Sri Lanka is the teardrop shaped island south of India, so yeah, different countries. Food, language, climate, culture and in most cases religion is different than most of India, the very most southern part of India is close, but still different, The only way we're similar to India is that we look the same but even then, we're darker...lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited by Wookie384; 07-06-2015 at 5:32 PM..
Old 07-08-2015, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie384 View Post
Sri Lanka is the teardrop shaped island south of India, so yeah, different countries. Food, language, climate, culture and in most cases religion is different than most of India, the very most southern part of India is close, but still different, The only way we're similar to India is that we look the same but even then, we're darker...lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thanks.

So more like France and Germany than germany and austria.
Old 07-08-2015, 8:50 PM

Filipino. Almost all other Filipinos i know my age are into guns. And most of our fathers have had guns as well. Most of them being retired military. I think it's pretty safe to say all our moms hate em.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by mr_postman; 07-08-2015 at 8:52 PM.. Reason: Miss spell
Old 07-08-2015, 8:50 PM

Dbl post

Last edited by mr_postman; 07-08-2015 at 8:52 PM.. Reason: Dbl post
Old 07-09-2015, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_postman View Post
Filipino. Almost all other Filipinos i know my age are into guns. And most of our fathers have had guns as well. Most of them being retired military. I think it's pretty safe to say all our moms hate em.

Can you confirm something i was told? Might have to ask a relative depending on your age. i was told when marcos basically declared dictatorship the first thing he did was give people like three days to turn in guns or die.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:46 PM

I'll ask my mom

Old 07-09-2015, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Can you confirm something i was told? Might have to ask a relative depending on your age. i was told when marcos basically declared dictatorship the first thing he did was give people like three days to turn in guns or die.
Yes, he declared martial law and confiscated firearms.

Now you have to be 21, pass, background check, pass the training courses, and have a clear mental history. However I think the mental history includes your family.

Old 07-09-2015, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngjstn View Post
I am a second generation Taiwanese American, born and raised here in SoCal. My family is pretty anti-gun, and my aunt lives in a gated community. My father served in the Republic Of China Army as a teenager (中華民國陸軍) and had experience firing an M1 carbine.

I hardly talk about gun rights with my family because of several arguments I have had with my parents and family. My dad once told me that since we weren't fighting the British anymore we had every obligation to give up our guns. Another time, we were watching news about the gun debate, and when I explained my side, the first things he asked were "why does anyone need an assault rifle" and "Japan and Taiwan have no gun deaths." I then brought up Switzerland and he said "They haven't had a mass shooting yet" and then he said that "there was no way you could keep guns in the house or your kids would shoot themselves." I also brought up car accidents but he said "guns are ONLY for killing" and he said I was talking like an "extremist" for simply talking about gun rights. I never brought the subject up with him since.

I also had some arguments with my mother, who said that she was angered by LaPierre's speech after Sandy Hook, and that the parents who lost their kids had "every right" to make a decision for everyone. She also said that she "hated guns" and that she "wouldn't care if black kids were shot in the slums, but would be devastated if anything happened to our family." The day after Sandy Hook happened, she signed a petition for more gun control.

After my older sister came back from Las Vegas with a t-shirt she got at the Gun Store, my parents started feeling uncomfortable and said it had "violent images." To my surprise, she did not enjoy going to the range and it did not help her get over her fear for guns; but she at least was more understanding than my folks. One day my sister and I were driving and after talking about employment opportunities in Texas she asked if "you have to own a gun there?" I then told her about how concealed carry did not correlate with violent crimes, and that by exercising that right, violent criminals would be held at bay by armed citizens while the police arrived.

Since then, I've been hiding in the pro-gun closet amidst a family of anti's, but to this day I'm still afraid to speak about this matter for fear of alienating the family. But it's good to know that there are several Asian folks on this forum who can relate.
Oh man... this post gave me chills. We are living the exact same life brother, not just the identical arguments from mom and dad, but the rich aunt, the ban on clothes with "violent images" (I'm guessing skulls are off limits too right?) and we're even from the same area (I grew up in Walnut lol). My extended family is very anti-gun... though weirdly my grandma on my mom's side is completely cool with it. I guess having survived WWII puts a different spin on things.

I personally think our parents' generation, especially coming out of Taiwan, were force fed a very authoritarian education. Taiwan in the 50's and 60's was no democracy, it was military autocracy. Self defense was probably not encouraged, as self defense is the gateway drug to revolution and rebellion. Don't act, trust the cops, trust the leaders, trust the party etc. It's no surprise that they have the idea that guns are for "cops, soldiers, or gangsters only"; that is what they were taught by a government seeking to pacify and control them. Even my dad aknowedges this, and he's hard core "Blue" as they call it in Taiwan.

I bought my first gun in college and moved home at 24. Man you should have seen my dad's face when he saw my Romy-G AK, I swear a crack pipe would have been better. From 24 to moving out at 26 was a total ban on all firearm related activities. Now that I live alone (well, with gf and cat) my 2A rights have been restored and the rentals and I agree to disagree. Doesn't help that my sister is a bleeding heart liberal.

Last edited by Rhyyke; 07-09-2015 at 2:59 PM..
Old 07-09-2015, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
EDIT: Watch "Fresh Off the Boat". . . Pretty much first gen AA's growing up in the 90's.

I like Randal Park but the way they portray the dad is total fiction. My dad and the dads of all my Taiwanese-American friends were nowhere near that fun. If your dad hit you only with his bare hands, you were a spoiled brat in my opinion. It's all about the belts, random wood sticks from Home Depot, yard sticks etc. Nobody felt abused or hurt because everyone we knew was getting the same.
Old 07-09-2015, 3:13 PM

umm, where are the hot asian chicks holding guns?
Old 07-09-2015, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steponmytoes View Post
umm, where are the hot asian chicks holding guns?
Every morning I wake up and this is the first question on my mind.
Old 07-10-2015, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_postman View Post
Yes, he declared martial law and confiscated firearms.

Now you have to be 21, pass, background check, pass the training courses, and have a clear mental history. However I think the mental history includes your family.

Thanks

Anyone fillipinio who is anti-gun you might want to make sure they know that. I do everything I can to tell blacks about how gun laws originally were designed to disarm them.
Old 07-10-2015, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks

Anyone fillipinio who is anti-gun you might want to make sure they know that. I do everything I can to tell blacks about how gun laws originally were designed to disarm them.
I once read an article called "The Secret History of Gun Control" detailing how the original intention of gun control laws were designed to disarm groups such as the Black Panthers, similar to how the War on Drugs was designed to suppress the hippie movement. Told the story to a girl in a bar (flower power, works at an mj dispensary type) and blew her mind. In turn she blew... my...

...mind with her intelligent response?
Old 07-11-2015, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
I once read an article called "The Secret History of Gun Control" detailing how the original intention of gun control laws were designed to disarm groups such as the Black Panthers, similar to how the War on Drugs was designed to suppress the hippie movement. Told the story to a girl in a bar (flower power, works at an mj dispensary type) and blew her mind. In turn she blew... my...

...mind with her intelligent response?
Hell most people dont realize Dr. King was denied a pistol carry license. he wanted to protect his family from the klan. I tell people all the time they need to learn history and not assume everyone pro gun is a racist and even if they are is someone not safer having a gun themselves? Hell hitler disarmed the jews as soon as he could. Armed Jews and no holocaust.
Old 07-17-2015, 6:30 PM

Born in Ilocos Norte, Philippines, and raised in San Fran at the age of 8, my grandfather was a Sargeant in the US Army, a POW by the Japanese in WW2, and a proud Filipino-American.

I love guns, my rights, and i think im just plain addicted to this crap!
Old 07-20-2015, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Growing up in the Philippines, I would look forward to summers at my grandmother's chicken farm where my cousins would share their Red Ryders so we could hunt the birds that were constantly eating the mash. My dad was very protective of me while growing up and would not purchase a gun nor allow me to own something he considered "dangerous" even if my mom's brothers all owned firearms and purchased BB guns for their kids.

Well, as a law professor at one of the country's universities, he was also an active and vocal member of the opposition prior to Marcos declaring Martial Law in 1972. When they started to round his friends at night up and take them to camps for "debriefing", I can still remember our family huddling together in fear an of myself thinking that Marcos would probably not have been as brazen had he not instigated civilian firearm confiscation several years earlier.

My dad thankfully survived the Marcos regime unscathed, and was ultimately rewarded with a judical appointment by his colleagues who now held high government posts. But those terrifying nights stenghtened my belief that a society needs to be able to protect itself agains a tyrant and an appreciation for the Second Amendment of my adoptive country, which I vowed to protect at my swearing-in ceremony.

My wife, on the other hand, was initially anti, which I had trouble understanding, as she gew up surrounded by her dad's armed bodyguards (she was raised on the other side of the political spectrum; her father wasn't just a townmate of Marcos, they also went to law school together and were fraternity brothers). However, she seems to have warmed up to the idea of having firearms at home now that the kids are grown and seeing how responsible I am as an owner. I guess she finally realizes that being armed was one of the reasons her family was kept safe during those times..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2015, 9:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I am a Gen2 Vietnamese. My grandpa was a LtCol during the war so my dad and uncles grew up hunting, target shooting, and exposed to guns. My grandpa isn't against guns but very big on safety. He and my grandma were the ones that raised me and my cousins. We had chores around the house that consist of watering the plants. He would have us treat the hose as a firearm and would make us keep our finger off the "trigger" until ready. When I turned 18, the first thing I did was buy myself a gun while other kids my age went and got sh*tfaced. I was the first in my family to owe guns but I am definitely not the last. I've taken my dad, uncles, cousins, and friends shooting many times and they are in the process of getting their FSC. Within my group of friends, at least four have already purchased guns and are well on their way to a second and third. My wife-to-be is an ABC (American-Born Chinese) and she is very open to guns. She doesn't mind guns in our home as long as she knows they are stored safely. She has gone shooting with me many times but does not want to legally own one. She claims that she doesn't "want to be in the system." Her family (other then her siblings) does not know that I own guns. Her parents seem like they are Antis but I think it's because they don't understand it. They are only exposed to what they see in the media. I know for sure that I can get her dad to come around but her mom might take some time. Overall, I think Asians that grow up in an oppressive regime (Communism) tend to appreciate and exercise their freedom.
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS

Last edited by phdo; 07-20-2015 at 9:36 AM..
Old 07-20-2015, 5:50 PM
Veteran Member

This thread is very enlightening for a guy who knows next to nothing about the Asian American experiences. Except for having a friend who was born in a camp (in AZ.) during WWII.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

"Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."
Old 07-20-2015, 7:01 PM

1st gen american-viet. dad was a cop in vn prior to the war. brothers took me shooting when i was 15. never really thought too much about it as i was interested in girls more than guns. started going to the range off and on in my early 20s. bought my first gun in 04 and got a few more over the years. got my other brother and nephew into guns and they now own some as well. guns weren't really talked about much when i was going up, but pops loved westerns and cop shows. eastwood and bronson were his favorites.
Old 07-20-2015, 7:38 PM

First generation Vietnamese right here
I enlisted straight after high school tank crewman
After awhile I went to law school and got into second amendment litigation
I won the Hawaii handgun carry case that was heard the same day as Peruta
I rep the Ares Armor against the ATF right now along with some other Second Amendment cases
Old 07-20-2015, 8:21 PM

Born and raised in Cali, parents immigrated from the philippines. My dad was into guns then rubbed off on me
Old 07-20-2015, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

My parents owned guns before I was born and they never minded me having guns.

Grandparents are another story.
Old 08-09-2015, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
My parents owned guns before I was born and they never minded me having guns.

Grandparents are another story.
Someday, my kid will say this.
Old 08-12-2015, 9:42 PM

1st generation Vietnamese American. Dad was a lieutenant in the South Vietnamese Marine Corps and carried a .45 and M16 (I think) but says he's anti gun because of his experiences. Hopefully he'll come around but I have no plans on telling him about my sp2022 any time soon. Mom is more anti-gun then him.
Old 08-13-2015, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0n View Post
1st generation Vietnamese American. Dad was a lieutenant in the South Vietnamese Marine Corps and carried a .45 and M16 (I think) but says he's anti gun because of his experiences. Hopefully he'll come around but I have no plans on telling him about my sp2022 any time soon. Mom is more anti-gun then him.
Good to know you. Got a good buddy who was born in vietnam. His dad was in the south vietnam army and ended up coming here. He often tells me that many vietnamese like guns and are conservative because of living under communist rule.

Try this with mama and papa. Tell them america is a good country as we are all here. Guns got the brits out so we could have a good country.

I was telling my buddy tom ( than he goes by tom though) that the great thing about being american is that we steal every good thing from every other country. In about 20 years there will be hot dog pho. its americanization it happens to us all.

Come to think of it, the only thing america did on its own was fortune cookies ( not made in china) and cheese steaks.

I was told they have no memorials to the south vietnamese soldiers in vietnam. Do they have some in the states?