Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-12-2016, 9:58 AM
Veteran Member

Default My lady can't be the only one that takes pride

On the drive home from the range my lady took delight in mentioning she shut up the two guys to her left.

She didn't say anything, there wasn't any direct exchange of communication between them and her either. She just brought her target in and that was enough.

Our (she and I) whole shooting regiment just sets everything up for the "oh look, the cute little Chinese lady is going to shoot a gun".

She gets her lane, I pull out the pistols, put them on the deck, I personally load her magazines. I have enough magazines so she doesn't need to reload them during the 48 round match string.

Then to compound the event specifically at that moment the gun was having trouble running. Basically, it's my "game" gun, and I brought the trigger pull WAY DOWN. So it had light strikes because I reduced the hammer spring. So she had to clear, and check every time that happened.

This of course gives the impression she has trouble shooting.

So she can hear the comments, and how they talk. They are talking about how to shoot better (not "directed" at her, but implied I presume), and how certain guns are better for certain situations, bla, bla, bla.......... mind you she's shooting a 1911 in 45ACP with a milled on the slide red dot (it's clearly her MAN's gun, well, yes it is, but we have a lot of toys, and this one happens to be mine. I digress.).

Then she brings in her target from the 25 yard line, and all the sudden the guys stop speaking with authority when in regard to how they shoot because whatever they are telling each other is irrelevant. What every shooting prowess they thought they had over her was misplaced.

When they all went into the ready room their demeanor clearly had changed. They wouldn't counter comment whenever my lady talked about shooting things.

The pride I take is I'm basically her pit crew. I reload her ammo, load her magazines. Basically the only part she actually touches is the trigger. She doesn't even need to wash her hands afterwards.

Then to cap off her evening, she was in the ready room talking with folks, and someone asked where I was. She replied, oh, he's out picking up my brass. The room went silent with envy.

It might be my own little ego trying to ride on her coat tails, but whatever those guys thought of her shooting afterwards, yea, I'm that guy she's attached to, and I'm the one handling all the equipment and making it so she's spot on.

I do however need to change the hammer spring back to a heavier one.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

�� that'll show them.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

hey, Snoopy!
it has been a long time since you've posted in here!
and I love the story: she shut them down and all she did was pull the trigger....LOL!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 01-12-2016, 11:01 AM

Old 01-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats Snoopy47! Ain't it great when you teach someone how to do something! You never know where it will lead.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Nice shootin'!
Old 01-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

So.. you are 100% positive they was talking about you and your wife? Or making an assumption? Ive actually been confronted by a couple who assumed I was talking about them at the range, (and while they were actually incompetent,) I didnt waste my time energy or effort paying attention to their shooting scores, just to their obvious lack of shooting fundamentals when it devolved into a safety issue for myself. They werent happy when I explained it to them in real talk. Nobody at a range cares how well or crappy you shoot, only that you dont shoot them by accident.

Just sayin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 01-12-2016, 12:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don't know about my ex-wife but, I know that I took pride in her shooting abilities. Just after we first started dating, she came in to visit me at my part time job at an indoor range. She had only shot once before (a week prior with me instructing). Anyway, three LEOs had come in to practice prior to their annual qualification and were blowing me off because, I just worked there and they were trained police officers (who couldn't keep all their rounds on a full sized B-27 at 25 feet). Well my new GF at the time came in and I got her set up with one of my Ruger MKIIs and 50 rounds of ammo. She went in and proceeded to shoot a silver dollar sized hole with one flyer about an inch out at the same distance. One of the female LEOs and my ex started a conversation about a professional body builder who was also shooting a few lanes down. About that time, I walked in to check on my future wife, pulled in her target, showed it to the LEO and said "not bad for her second time shooting". Then, I walked out of the range. As soon as I got back behind the counter, all three LEOs, who had been talking down to me before, came out and tried to convince me to give them lessons. I refused since, I was not a certified instructor at the time and, besides, I didn't really enjoy the condescending attitudes they had displayed prior to seeing how well my GF could shoot.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 01-12-2016, 6:28 PM

Awesome shooting! #GirlsRule lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2016, 2:22 PM

Dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2016, 6:37 PM

I get the looks and the side comments all the time at the range. And I do the same as Mrs. Snoopy. I just haul out my 1911 .45 and punch the heck out of the bullseye. I bring the target in and smile sweetly at the commenters.

Stereotypes exist, but one must remember, shooting is done primarily with the hands and the eyes. Stature, weight and miscellaneous body parts do not predict success.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 02-02-2016, 7:24 AM

I love this!

Not only because she sounds badass, but your support for her. Adorbs!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 7:45 AM
Veteran Member

OP- very cool, but don't piss her off. Ya might never see it coming...
If I had a nickel for every gender that exists...
...I'd have $0.10.
Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
--- Dan Bongino
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.
Old 02-02-2016, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Most women at the range can out shoot me. I don't mind and enjoy it.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Great story Snoop!

My youngest daughter, out shot a cop at the range..... Using HIS Garand, when she was 11! He wasn't too pleased.

She still talks about it.

Last edited by Dragunov; 02-04-2016 at 10:51 AM..
Old 03-29-2016, 6:52 PM

OP, you are a great husband. As a woman who semi-regularly hits the range to sling some lead, you definitely notice others watching you do you thing, especially at the open ranges. Most of the time when folks come to chat they're really nice about it, but it's funny as heck to see some of the men get almost competitive with you when you start shooting better than them.
Old 03-29-2016, 8:49 PM

One of my favorite stories to tell is when I brought my Dirty Harry mod 29 to the ditch bank with a group of friends. One of the girlfriends (98 lbs soaking wet) Wanted to shoot it. She shot it single handed and out shot me and all the other guys that day. The next time we went out shooting she asked if I brought that 44 thing. I handed her the gun and 100 freshly loaded rounds and said "go for it".

The power of Gun free Zones https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=hnBWa_xJz6A

In California we're called "Wacko right-wing gun toting nut jobs with an arsenal" most other states just call us People.
Old 03-30-2016, 3:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Women are really better at shooting than men. I like to watch the CCW classes for the new shooters as women instantly pick up shooting and are more precise in every aspect of shooting. Shooting sports empowers the women. It is really good!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:23 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just my .02 although I enjoy reading posts like this -- not because I want to put men down, but because I like to see women enjoying themselves at the range.

Years ago, a local range master told me that women couldn't and shouldn't shoot a 1911. Female Calgunners know what kind of challenge that means, right? When you're told NOT to do something, you just practice and get better at it.

Well, as a Bullseye shooter, I had to learn how to not only shoot a 1911, but control it for the 50 yard and 25 yard phases with one hand. I'm sure I had my share of naysayers laughing in the background, but who cares! I wasn't bothering them and wasn't being dangerous.

To this day, it's one of my favorite guns. Even better, my husband is my advocate. He told me he has confidence in himself and doesn't care being around other men when I'm shooting. He shoots my matches and I fish his bass tournaments. Good relationships are based on good friendships.

He's my bestfriend and the 1911 was his duty weapon -- why else would I bother to date him before we got hitched???

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor