Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 07-11-2008, 3:19 PM

Default July 19 Clinic/Practice with Gene Rucks

Sat 19 July
0700-0815 Range Check-In
0815-0845 Firearms Safety & Range Safety Brief
0845-TBD Basic Rifle Marksmanship Fundamentals

1. Ammunition Requirements: All ammunition will be the responsibility of the shooter. The amount of ammunition that will be required for the clinic will be 120 rounds per shooter.

2. Course of Fire 19 July Saturday:

• Stage One, Standing (Blind Fire) 200 yard line 20 rounds slow-fire. Shoot one round and dry fire one round in between shots. No scoping is allowed during this stage of fire. Data books are required.

• Stage Two, Standing 20 rounds slow fire. Match proper.

• Stage Three, Sitting rapid fire drills w/mag changes. 2 rounds per mag x 2 strings.

• Stage Four, Sitting rapid fire 10 rounds per sting x 2 string.

• Stage Five, Prone rapid fire drills w/mag changes. 2 rounds per mag x 2 strings. Note: This training maybe conducted at the 200 yard vice 300.

• Stage Six, Prone rapid fire 10 rounds per sting x 2 string. Note: This training maybe conducted at the 200 yard vice 300. If time permits, we may move back to the 300 / 600 yards lines.

• Stage Seven, Prone Slow fire 20 rounds.

3. Equipment: All participants will need to bring note taking material/ individual rifle and equipment down range on both days. All shooters doing the clinic will be required to have data book. Data books are available at Creedmoor Sports (www.creedmoorsports.com).

4. Entry fee: Entry fee for the clinic/training is $5.00 for members and $10.00 for Daily Associate Members. All personnel must complete entry form and waivers of liability form before he or she may move down range.

5. Participants are encouraged to bring water and lunches. The intent of this clinic is to teach the fundamentals for highpower rifle competition shooting. Hearing protection is the responsibility of the participants.

6. Other training will be going on at the same time in a different location on the range to support the MCB, Sportsman’s Club. Water will be provided on the firing line and the pits.

7. Point of contact for the 2008 Rifle Clinic is Gene Rucks at cworucks@cox.net. Please drop Gene Rucks a courtesy email so he can properly allocate the materials needed for this evolution.

8. This Clinic/Practice is specifically geared towards “across the course” NRA Highower Rifle competition. There will be an option to opt out of the clinic and practice on your own, but the individual practice will follow the timeline of the clinic (i.e. pit changes)

Gene Rucks

Old 07-15-2008, 12:28 PM

Gene,

I am interested in attending this clinic, are there any more spots left? I sent you an email.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 AM

Yes, there will be room. Please arrive on time for squadding and ect.

Thank you for your interest!

John Hermsen
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 AM

John,

I just sent you a PM.

Corey Magers
Old 07-20-2008, 9:34 AM

Thank you, Gene, for spending the day with us to improve our shooting.
Old 07-24-2008, 9:12 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to the ones that asked me ?s, I forgot my password.
Old 07-24-2008, 9:13 PM

I enjoyed doing the clinic and I'm sure we will do another one during the year. Swingman