Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-18-2017, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekcan View Post
Attached below.
Thanks

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 11-24-2017, 4:26 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a list of handguns I can put on my CCW. I have a Glock 43 and wanted to know if I can put that on it.
Old 11-24-2017, 4:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK2213 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a list of handguns I can put on my CCW. I have a Glock 43 and wanted to know if I can put that on it.
There's no list.

You can put any gun that is registered to you that is not listed as a single shot pistol and is chambered in a caliber between .25 and .45

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 11-28-2017, 7:09 PM

Ok, my interview is Friday, Dec 1. Today I got the form notarized & picked up the money orders. Just wanted to verify - the address for the interview is 655 East Third Street, San Bernardino - correct?

Been through the list on the web site a dozen times, I think I got everything. Everyone tells me, above all else, be completely honest - that works for me, don't know any other way to be.

Any last other minute advice to help tame the butterflies?

Last edited by WheelGunMagic; 11-28-2017 at 7:12 PM..
Old 11-28-2017, 7:15 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

655 Third is the place.

Exit I-10 at Waterman (North), Third is a block north of Rialto.

Limited parking in front of the building, no problem if your interview is early, but there is plenty of parking in the fenced lot on Third & Ida.

Do not bring your gun(s) with you, they will be inspected at the range when you qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-28-2017, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelGunMagic View Post
Ok, my interview is Friday, Dec 1. Today I got the form notarized & picked up the money orders. Just wanted to verify - the address for the interview is 655 East Third Street, San Bernardino - correct?

Been through the list on the web site a dozen times, I think I got everything. Everyone tells me, above all else, be completely honest - that works for me, don't know any other way to be.

Any last other minute advice to help tame the butterflies?
Don't be nervous. I was nervous at first to thinking I'd be sitting in an office interviewing with someone which you don't. Their going to call you up after you finish filling out a packet of questions (get there at least 15 mins early). They called me and someone else up at the same time. Their going to go down the list and ask you for all your paperwork while they make copies (make sure to have your papers in order), then their going to fingerprint you, then they'll go over your good cause that you filled out when you originally submitted the app online, and that's pretty much it. Didn't really ask any questions besides those things and took about 15 mins once I was called up. If you only put personal protection as your good cause their going to want you to elaborate a little.
Old 11-28-2017, 8:34 PM

Thanks to both of you! Great detail - knowing what to expect helps a lot!

I can see why they wouldn't want you to bring your guns. Do you go thro a metal detector at the door? Was planning to remove the knife, pepper spray & flash light from my purse - just in case.

I read in a couple of the previous posts that they tend to question female applicants more - any one with experience or comments on that?
Old 11-28-2017, 9:12 PM

I didn't have to go through a metal detector. Couldn't answer on them questioning females more, as I am male and so was the other person that they were interviewing with me, like I said they had both of us come up at the same time and give our paperwork then switch out doing fingerprints. I can't imagine them questioning a female more though both detectives were really laid back and seemed cool. As you see alot in this thread, they want you to get your permit, their not looking for stupid reasons to not issue you one. As I said when your done you'll probably think to yourself, that was it?
Old 11-29-2017, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! Great detail - knowing what to expect helps a lot!

I can see why they wouldn't want you to bring your guns. Do you go thro a metal detector at the door? Was planning to remove the knife, pepper spray & flash light from my purse - just in case.

I read in a couple of the previous posts that they tend to question female applicants more - any one with experience or comments on that?
No metal detectors at the doors. You get buzzed into a 'secure' room.
Personally I would clean out the purse but that is up to you.
The do NOT ask anymore of a woman than they do a man.

You didn't mention married or single....do not forget your marriage license if you are married.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 11-29-2017, 1:02 PM

what's the phone number to call? I need to ask them a question about my appointment.
Old 11-29-2017, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_toaster View Post
what's the phone number to call? I need to ask them a question about my appointment.
Should be on your paperwork.
link

― Mark Twain
Old 11-29-2017, 1:20 PM

ugh! I looked at that before I posted an just went right over it....

thanx!
Old 11-29-2017, 5:43 PM

Had my interview last week. Extremely uneventful. More of a review of all of your papaerwork, fingerprints and a picture. Not even any questions except... got all your paperwork? Only issue was my fingers are apparently scared to the point they have a problem on the LiveScan, but since in knew the person giving me the LiveScan, he got me through. Don’t sweat it. If you have all of your paperwork, you can be in and out in 15minites.
Old 11-29-2017, 7:05 PM

Thanks everyone for your support, suggestions & encouragement! The detail you provided helped a lot to calm my nerves.

I've really relied on this thread - without it, I doubt I could have worked up the courage to apply. Thanks to everyone who contributes - you're a huge help to those of us who are just now going through the process or are thinking of doing so!
Old 11-30-2017, 2:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your support, suggestions & encouragement! The detail you provided helped a lot to calm my nerves.

I've really relied on this thread - without it, I doubt I could have worked up the courage to apply. Thanks to everyone who contributes - you're a huge help to those of us who are just now going through the process or are thinking of doing so!
That is truly an odd thing for a grown adult to say. You make it sound as if you are getting advice on how to ask a hot girl out on a date. You are applying for a ccw. Not asking a supermodel out on a date lol!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 11-30-2017, 5:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
That is truly an odd thing for a grown adult to say. You make it sound as if you are getting advice on how to ask a hot girl out on a date. You are applying for a ccw. Not asking a supermodel out on a date lol!
He was nervous! I will take that supermodel advice though

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 1:12 PM

Big Jake - I'm a 60+ single woman who's been shooting for 15 years. For several years I wanted the means to legally protect myself - I have the skills, but lacked the self-confidence to pursue my CCW.

The information provided on this thread has helped me immensely. A number of regular contributors generously take the time to keep the thread going by answering questions and by providing both information and encouragement. They don't need to do this - they already have their CCWs - but they take the time to help those of us just now going through the process.

My post was to simply acknowledge the help I received from these contributors. I find it unfortunate & somewhat sad that your world view of proper CCW attitude & behavior does not include thanking those folks that helped you.

So again, a big thank you to all the regular contributors to this thread!
Old 11-30-2017, 1:23 PM
Veteran Member

It has been about 6 weeks since I did the range day. They said we would be notified in 3-4 weeks to come pick up our permit.

Has anyone else recently done the range day for a new permit, and how long did it take to get the call?

Maybe the holiday slowed the process or they are busier than in the past few months.....hopefully everything is on track for my permit.
Old 11-30-2017, 1:41 PM

When I did my range a few months back it was a week or two. I got the call in less than a week.

It may be a bit longer now with the holidays and vacations.

It wouldn’t hurt to give Sarah or the department a call especially since they told you 3-4 weeks and it’s been 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGT80 View Post
It has been about 6 weeks since I did the range day. They said we would be notified in 3-4 weeks to come pick up our permit.

Has anyone else recently done the range day for a new permit, and how long did it take to get the call?

Maybe the holiday slowed the process or they are busier than in the past few months.....hopefully everything is on track for my permit.
You should have heard from them by now.
I suggest you give them a call or drop by if you are in the area and have your money orders ready.
There have been occasions that phone numbers aren't correct on the call list.

― Mark Twain
Old 11-30-2017, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Big Jake - I'm a 60+ single woman who's been shooting for 15 years. For several years I wanted the means to legally protect myself - I have the skills, but lacked the self-confidence to pursue my CCW.

The information provided on this thread has helped me immensely. A number of regular contributors generously take the time to keep the thread going by answering questions and by providing both information and encouragement. They don't need to do this - they already have their CCWs - but they take the time to help those of us just now going through the process.

My post was to simply acknowledge the help I received from these contributors. I find it unfortunate & somewhat sad that your world view of proper CCW attitude & behavior does not include thanking those folks that helped you.

Ignore him!
Congrats from one woman to another.

― Mark Twain
Old 11-30-2017, 2:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
You should have heard from them by now.
I suggest you give them a call or drop by if you are in the area and have your money orders ready.
There have been occasions that phone numbers aren't correct on the call list.
That and some cell phones don't always work the way they should.

I can't tell you how many times I've called people I have voicemail only to get a message saying that the user of this number has a voicemail that is not set up.

Quote:

Old 11-30-2017, 2:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

You're welcome.

You'll do fine. Have fun and relax. Believe it or not but all of the deputies that work this division really are happy to do it and want to help you get your permit.

Quote:

Old 11-30-2017, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
That and some cell phones don't always work the way they should.

I can't tell you how many times I've called people I have voicemail only to get a message saying that the user of this number has a voicemail that is not set up.

Polite way to call block you......Just kidding!!!!!

― Mark Twain
Old 12-01-2017, 7:35 AM

Quote:

I wonder if I'll get in trouble if I say that it sounds like big jake has a little wee wee.....

Good on you! Good on you for getting your CCW and good on you for saying thank you to all those who helped you!
Old 12-01-2017, 7:57 PM

Quote:
I wonder if I'll get in trouble if I say that it sounds like big jake has a little wee wee.....

Good on you! Good on you for getting your CCW and good on you for saying thank you to all those who helped you!
Wow, Pink Toaster - not gonna touch that line, but thanks for the support!

Had my interview - the folks who said it was more of a paperwork review than an interview were right. Didn't really ask any questions that weren't directly related to the paperwork. They took my money orders, so I guess I just wait now.

The investigator said the range dates are running 2 - 6 months out.
Old 12-02-2017, 7:59 AM

I am waiting for my background to clear after my interview. Anyone recently get a call for a range day after your interview to give us an idea of the wait time for the range day call? Thanks.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:00 PM

I had my interview on 9/1 got my call for range date about 2 weeks ago for 12/16 and I know mine was delayed due to employment verification. I saw some people posting that they had their interview towards the end of September and they had their range date call already for 12/9 or 12/16
Old 12-02-2017, 3:48 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrlsteg View Post
I had my interview on 9/1 got my call for range date about 2 weeks ago for 12/16 and I know mine was delayed due to employment verification. I saw some people posting that they had their interview towards the end of September and they had their range date call already for 12/9 or 12/16
They're really clearing the backlog.
I interviewed August of 2015 and got my call Dec 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 12-02-2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, Pink Toaster - not gonna touch that line, but thanks for the support!

Had my interview - the folks who said it was more of a paperwork review than an interview were right. Didn't really ask any questions that weren't directly related to the paperwork. They took my money orders, so I guess I just wait now.

The investigator said the range dates are running 2 - 6 months out.
Now, now girls play nice......... You don't want to hurt the 'boys' feelings!

― Mark Twain

Last edited by 38Special; 12-03-2017 at 3:00 AM..
Old 12-02-2017, 8:26 PM

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."
Roy Batty
Old 12-06-2017, 4:15 PM

Can one list and carry a FNH 5.7 on permit.
Thank you
Old 12-06-2017, 4:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cola View Post
Thank you
No. 22lr, 5.7mm and anything over .45 caliber are not permitted.

Quote:

Old 12-06-2017, 4:35 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Thank you
No.

Calibers smaller than .25 is not approved.
5.7x28mm is not approved.
Calibers greater than .45 is not approved.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 12-06-2017, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
No. 22lr, 5.7mm and anything over .45 caliber are not permitted.

thank you
Old 12-06-2017, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
No.

Calibers smaller than .25 is not approved.
5.7x28mm is not approved.
Calibers greater than .45 is not approved.
thank you
Old 12-06-2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you
SBSD link

― Mark Twain
Old 12-08-2017, 6:10 AM

UPDATE: Interview 11-3-2017, Phone call stating background passed 12-7-2017, Range date 12-16-2017!
Old 12-08-2017, 7:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptek View Post
UPDATE: Interview 11-3-2017, Phone call stating background passed 12-7-2017, Range date 12-16-2017!
Nice! Looks like things are moving along nicely.

Quote:

Old 12-08-2017, 8:39 AM

Yea, I was shocked how quickly the background was completed (34 days) and availability of the range day was a plus.