Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-17-2017, 10:32 PM

740isport, I have been following this thread for the past six years, and I can't say that I have ever seen an applicant receive a certified letter from the SJSO regarding an application for a CCW. By all means let us know what the issue is.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:03 PM

My nephew had an interview the sheriff , he was told he doesn’t need to carry a gun, was rude during the interview , and is sending him for a psych evaluation
Old 10-18-2017, 5:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy06 View Post
My nephew had an interview the sheriff , he was told he doesn’t need to carry a gun, was rude during the interview , and is sending him for a psych evaluation
That’s unusual. I wonder what caused the sheriff’s concerns.

Old 10-18-2017, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy06 View Post
I had an interview with Sheriff Moore on my first CCW application back in early 2015 concerning arrests going back 40 years. He was very nice. Explained he could go by the information that was in front of him or I could explain my record to him. Just told him the complete truth. Carried my first 2 years and was approved on my renewal in 30 days.
Old 10-19-2017, 8:42 AM

I figure Sheriff Moore is probably judging an applicant's character during an interview as much as anything. He maybe wants to see if one is a reasonable person or a "hothead". At least that was my impression during my interview.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaCluck View Post
I figure Sheriff Moore is probably judging an applicant's character during an interview as much as anything. He maybe wants to see if one is a reasonable person or a "hothead". At least that was my impression during my interview.
I used to live in Stanislaus County. It didn't happen to me, but several people I know said that they received phone calls from the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Office informing them that their application for a CCW permit had been denied. After gauging the applicant's reaction, the sheriff's representative then told them that their application had in fact been approved. They just wanted to find out if the person would react irrationally to an adverse situation before giving the final stamp of approval.

Old 10-24-2017, 7:39 AM

I downloaded the application online, filled it out, needed 2 payments. $128 livescan and $20(I think) DOJ fee. Took 40 minutes and female sheriff that interviewed me was very nice and made me feel comfortable. She said they are so backed up it takes a year to process and do not take the 16 hour until my approval has come.
Old 10-24-2017, 7:52 PM

I can appreciate that they are backed up with applications .And when you go to turn in your app or pick up your permit everybody is busy no screwing around. But would we put up with this kind of wait for a building permit or marriage liecens or Anyother Goverment required paper work. The board of sups should increase the sheriffs budget to take care of the back log
Old 10-24-2017, 8:05 PM

I don't believe they are as backed up as they seem.
When I asked a year ago how many permits they process a week the girl said they were doing 20 a week for a long time, but it had dropped back to about 10.
Yet with that lull, the 13-14 month process did not improve.

If they processed permits in a timely and efficient manner, they would have a line of applicants a mile long.
What better way to weed out lots of applicants than to have a ridiculously long wait.
That also is a great way to find out who has patience, a very good attribute for a perspective permit holder.

Last edited by Kokanee; 10-24-2017 at 8:47 PM..
Old 10-25-2017, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
When I asked a year ago how many permits they process a week the girl said they were doing 20 a week for a long time, but it had dropped back to about 10.

If they processed permits in a timely and efficient manner, they would have a line of applicants a mile long.
What better way to weed out lots of applicants than to have a ridiculously long wait.
That also is a great way to find out who has patience, a very good attribute for a perspective permit holder.
Or who gets a moving violation within the extra year wait. They may not issue if you get a ticket while waiting.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post

I just don't like waiting to exercise may 2nd amendment rights. The second amendment is the only right we have to ask permission to use .fro the purchase of a firearm to the carrying of it no other right do we have to ask permison to do
Old 11-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Picked up my renewed CCW this morning. 2 more years!

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 11-15-2017, 3:14 PM

Has anyone turned in their original app with no firearms listed? Would like to get the process started but have nothing owned that I plan to carry, would purchase something over the next few months.
Old 11-15-2017, 3:42 PM

On the day I picked up my LTC they asked if everything listed was correct. The impression I got was that I could add another gun right then if I had the papers to state that I had qualified on that gun. After turning in the original application you have months before a formal interview. Get qualified on your guns of choice before then and you should be good to go.
Old 11-15-2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGarrison View Post
Has anyone turned in their original app with no firearms listed? Would like to get the process started but have nothing owned that I plan to carry, would purchase something over the next few months.
Yes you can do that, I summitted my application, No guns needed, bought my guns afterwards, took ccw class at the 6 month mark. When I was approved I had everything done