Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 7:53 AM

Default I'm listening.....

Had this video pop up in my youtube...

http://youtu.be/TEgfFKeQxi8">http://youtu.be/TEgfFKeQxi8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I'm interested in learning more...

Calguns, school me on high quality airsoft rigs as a training tool. Are the ar- platform airsoft guns compatible with real life ar- pattern furniture? Fwiw, i shoot an ar15 and glock 19 these days, so I'd want to rig up any airsoft guns to be representative to my real guns

Edit: can't seem to figure out how to embed video, here's the link https://youtu.be/TEgfFKeQxi8
Old 09-18-2018, 7:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Had this video pop up in my youtube...

http://youtu.be/TEgfFKeQxi8">http://youtu.be/TEgfFKeQxi8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I'm interested in learning more...

Calguns, school me on high quality airsoft rigs as a training tool. Are the ar- platform airsoft guns compatible with real life ar- pattern furniture? Fwiw, i shoot an ar15 and glock 19 these days, so I'd want to rig up any airsoft guns to be representative to my real guns
fixed it for you

Old 09-19-2018, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Just wondering - Anyone ever get shot in the balls?
(accidentally of course)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 09-19-2018, 9:30 AM

I went with paintball instead. The tiberius t15 is awesome, I also have a few tipmann tmc but I gave them away to friends to get them into mag fed.

I personally feels it’s great practice for mag changes, using a dump pouch, and basic tactics. It’s easy to see where you can go wrong in a fire fight, just don’t take it too seriously and remember to have fun. Don’t be that creepy guy at the field talking about practicing with your AR for real life.

My only wish is they made a 50 cal mag fed that would fit 30 rounds in a magazine.

I also use a riser and red dot, and first strike rounds. Pretty solid groups out to 90 feet, like head sized easily. This adds to the realism as I did not enjoy the erratic nature of the Paintball. That’s probably a feather in the air soft cap so to speak. They are more accurate which aids in training.
Old 09-19-2018, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolymanx View Post
Don’t be that creepy guy at the field talking about practicing with your AR for real life
But that's EXACTLY what I'd be getting into it for!

Obviously it's not a real gunfight; i have alot of difficulty believing it's a complete waste of time and absent any training value.
Old 09-19-2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
Just wondering - Anyone ever get shot in the balls?
(accidentally of course)
Yes, but its not as bad as getting point blank in the throat.
Old 09-19-2018, 8:57 PM

Yeah I still train for it with exactly that reasoning. I just don’t say it which was my point.

I think they can be useful tools to develop skills. I shoot idpa and while that can be a useful skill set there is nothing like engaging multiple targets and practicing tactics like Paintball. The trick is playing with good people that challenge you.

In idpa I always though tactical reloads were lame and pointless. Then I won a match by using the 5 rounds in a mag I had left and kept in my pocket instead of stuffing in my grab bag. Learning to count ammo and reload before rushing, all worthwhile things. They are hard lessons too when you make foolish mistakes like leaving your shoulder out an inch too much or lagging while sighting down the rifle.