Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2018, 9:01 PM

Default Stop the Bleed, Bleeding Control Class

Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign and a call to action. Stop the Bleed is intended to cultivate grassroots efforts that encourage bystanders to become trained, equipped and empowered to help in a bleeding emergency before professional help arrives. Stop the Bleed partners with local instructors, to offer a no cost bleeding control class.

I've seen some people on social media post that they have taken the hour and a half class and they seemed pretty happy with it. I figured for the price of free, I'd check one out. I've been checking for the last couple months and there hasn't been any locally, until now. The UC Davis Department of Surgery is hosting classes in Sacramento. They have 6 classes scheduled, one a month, starting next month. Each class is limited to 20 participants and starts at 7:00 PM. The instructor listed for the class is David Shatz M.D.. A quick internet search shows that he is a trauma surgeon. His bio on UC Davis says he is a nationally recognized expert in disaster response, having worked and taught within the federal search and rescue system for over fifteen years.

The dates are,

05/01/18
06/27/18
07/12/18
08/15/18
09/13/18
10/04/18

The classes are being held at,

UC Davis Medical Center Facilities Services and Support Building (FSSB)
4800 2nd Avenue
Sacramento CA 95662

Here is the link to register for one of the UC Davis classes.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stop-th...ts-44860149916

And this is the Stop the Bleed page that you can also use to look for other classes, or to sign up if the direct link I posted doesn't work.

https://www.bleedingcontrol.org

Last edited by FZJ Cruiser; 04-22-2018 at 12:30 AM..
Old 04-19-2018, 9:12 PM

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2018, 9:21 PM

You're very welcome.
Old 04-21-2018, 1:06 AM

This is a great find, thank you!

Does anyone else have recommendations for pre hospital trauma related training in the Sacramento area? I know of a couple but the dates that are being held for them don't work out.
Old 05-01-2018, 1:36 AM

Thank you OP! I was just doing a search on CGN for First Aid/Trauma classes and came across this.

If anyone else can recommend a trauma aid class (including gunshot and other trauma) beyond the basic First Aid/CPR/AED training, please let me know.

A good med kit is of little use without training, and it is something I wanted to add in addition to firearms training classes.
Old 05-01-2018, 4:57 AM

Thanks, the class down here is on June 8 and I'll be going!