Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 01-03-2015, 5:14 PM

Default blah blah blah

,...,,,,,..,.gdggdhjbxbnvcjnm cxfhbbvxdgkbvcguijb bhjgcddgh

Last edited by ShuttleDriver26; 07-18-2015 at 2:22 AM..
Old 01-03-2015, 5:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I never understood why people spend money there!

Just go to Rahagies and have fun
Old 01-03-2015, 6:59 PM

Default i was there today;JAN3rd;

IDPA match,all bays were taken except one open bay for the public
Old 01-03-2015, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller51 View Post
It's soo bad the idiots running the place should self terminate,called again was told all ranges were open including the 50yard range waste my time driving down get there and all bays are 10yards max for rifles and theres only 4 stations open because 6 leos are using the rest of the range they will tell you anything to get you down which I don't understand
Why drive all of the way to Prado, from Monrovia, when you have Burro just a few miles away?

Last edited by retired; 01-04-2015 at 3:02 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 8:23 PM

Quote:
I try to take my daughter there to mess around with her 22 , she's in Ontario so easier to drive 4 miles to prado supposedly, either way they should have told the truth over the phone. And no matter what they shouldn't hold meets on the weekends when General public is most likely to show up. Thought the owner said a year ago he opened one range at the end just for that leaving the 50yard and 25yard for general public guess he's a liar also. End advice never go there , liars and bums are all they are. Already wrote bad reviews on a ton of sites for these boneheads my daughter called the old white guy who runs around in the cart a numbskull
That really sucks. Especially since your daughter was there too.
Old 01-03-2015, 9:49 PM

Burro or rauhagies
Old 01-04-2015, 6:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
It's soo bad the idiots running the place should self terminate,called again was told all ranges were open including the 50yard range waste my time driving down get there and all bays are 10yards max for rifles and theres only 4 stations open because 6 leos are using the rest of the range they will tell you anything to get you down which I don't understand these mf'ers
What stopped you from also calling or going to rahauges ??

I mean you come on here complaining about one place....when another that would have been a better choice is literally right down the street.

You failed to do any research....you need to live with your choices instead of complaining about Prado.
Which by the way hosts a pretty good IDPA match....

Old 01-04-2015, 1:22 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Again I guess I have to reply . At prado the 50yard is set up for 22rifles only so you don't have to worry about some idiot newbies with semi auto or full auto center fire rifles trying to look cool , been to rahaugas
And last time I went by myself a boneheaded kid had a jam and pointed his rifle in my direction I'm not going to take that chance with my kid.

Let the lord separate the fallen, for my rifle will not know who thy is corrupt.
Maybe the kid had the same feelings as in your signature...

All jokes aside, I'd been upset too if I called an establishment and asked about certain available bays or whatever....and show up, to be bait n switched essentially. Could have said over the phone, by the way we have officers training and have reserved more than half the range for the day.?.?.?

Old 01-04-2015, 1:54 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
I guess gun safety isn't top priority to you, I'm kinda understanding why we need more gun laws in California maybe a 3 round max capacity magazine law is what we need if people think its funny to mishandle firearms in a unsafe manner and people who joke about it, and lately at the ranges I've been to the RO's are just as bad.
Actually I feel the complete opposite....here's a post from just yesterday from another thread. I was just suggesting from your own signature that the kid felt the same way.

This was said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrider View Post
Was out there Friday morning.

Why on earth do people insist on shooting knowing full well that there are huge rocks directly behind their targets?

I was parked next to a few guys and we were shooting with clear space into the hillside when two vehicles pulled up and set their targets (plastic bottles) on top of the large rocks/boulders.

Both myself and my neighbors brought it to their attention and told them that they were going to have ricochets. The suggestion to employ common sense didn't seem to impress them at all and they started shooting anyway.

After the second audible ricochet within ten minutes I decided to pack up and head out.

Gonna have to go deeper in next time to avoid some of these types.
Then I said this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by purer00r View Post
As soon as the first ricochet happened you shouldve stopped them, politely explained to them that this is exactly what both of you were talking about. And if they continue in their carless discharging of firearms....walk over in front of their vehicles and start writing down plate numbers. I'm sure that will get their attention. Then explain again politely that they are carelessly shooting into rocks that could harm people over the hill. And explain that if anyone gets hurt you wanna make sure you have information for the proper authorities if needed...packing up your stuff did nothing but reinforce that what he was doing was fine and you were just being a crybaby. Trust me you did more harm by leaving, IMO... Its our job to reinforce good shooting habits, anywhere....blm, indoor range...everyone on and off the firing line is a range officer!! please don't take my comment as negative, but as a voice that's encouraging you to be stricter. We dealing with peoples lives...what good would driving deeper do when the ricochets are coming over the top of you from another hill?
I care trust me! So what did you tell the kid??

Old 01-04-2015, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Prods only gets my $$ for 5 stand.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 01-04-2015, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

I think 35 is better, no wait....45, no wait...55.

Quote:
Maybe increasing the minimum age to poses a firearm to 25years of age would help.
Old 01-04-2015, 6:12 PM

Prado is always packed on the 1st and 3rd Saturday for IDPA. And they do host a great IDPA event. Never had an issues the times I went there on non IDPA days.
NRA/IDPA (Prado)
SA XDm 5.25 .40 SA XDm 5.25 9mm
SA XDm 3.8c .40 SA 1911 Range Officer .45
SA XD Tactical .40 SA XD SC .40
M&P SHIELD .40 M&P .45 M&P 40c G23/G35 .40
Old 01-04-2015, 7:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Maybe increasing the minimum age to poses a firearm to 25years of age would help.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-04-2015, 7:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

There is a worse range

Rancho Magnum

ahhh all the little nuances

Power going out. Flickering lights. Busted up benches. Good times.
Old 01-16-2015, 6:04 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
And no matter what they shouldn't hold meets on the weekends when General public is most likely to show up.
Dude you are so right. I mean the 60 shooters who show up for idpa or uspsa on the weekend should have to come on a tuesday morning so that the whole range is wide open for you and your daughter if you decide to show up on a weekend. If only there was another range that may have been open 10 min to the east that has a 100yd rifle range.
Yeah shut down those competitions, **** yeah. Merica!
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 01-16-2015, 6:17 PM

Driller51 -

Since you appear to be located in Fontana, why not look into a membership to West End Gun Club? You'll wonder why you ever set foot on a public range after shooting there. I've had nothing but a positive experience every time I go out there with a family member. It's one of the absolute best places to shoot in our area.
Old 01-16-2015, 6:34 PM

FYI
Prado is having an IDPA event tomorrow. It will be very busy.
NRA/IDPA (Prado)
SA XDm 5.25 .40 SA XDm 5.25 9mm
SA XDm 3.8c .40 SA 1911 Range Officer .45
SA XD Tactical .40 SA XD SC .40
M&P SHIELD .40 M&P .45 M&P 40c G23/G35 .40
Old 01-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliams View Post
Driller51 -

Since you appear to be located in Fontana, why not look into a membership to West End Gun Club? You'll wonder why you ever set foot on a public range after shooting there. I've had nothing but a positive experience every time I go out there with a family member. It's one of the absolute best places to shoot in our area.
Bad idea. Sometimes west end has competitions and parts of the range arent available on the weekend. Non starter for this dude, obviously.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 01-17-2015, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don the savage View Post
Bad idea. Sometimes west end has competitions and parts of the range arent available on the weekend. Non starter for this dude, obviously.

I will somewhat disagree with that because -

- 24/7 access with a full membership
- A calendar is posted on their website showing what matches are being held when
- Matches don't run all day anyways. Plenty of time in the afternoon/evening to get some shooting in, especially in the summer hours with more light
- Junior rimfire range that is usually available
- Main range that is always available

Plus a host of other advantages that I could go on for a while about.

It becomes an even better place to shoot if you have time on a weekday. I've lost count how many times in the last year my group have been the only people in the entire facility by about 1 or 2pm. It's very peaceful up there when you take a break from shooting and don't hear anything but the breeze.

If he only has weekends available, then he's going to deal with a crowd of some sorts no matter where he shoots. Sorry that Prado gave you bad information, but that can happen anywhere.
Old 01-17-2015, 4:16 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
It's soo bad the idiots running the place should self terminate
Quote:
End advice never go there , liars and bums are all they are. Already wrote bad reviews on a ton of sites for these boneheads my daughter called the old white guy who runs around in the cart a numbskull
Quote:
I guess gun safety isn't top priority to you, I'm kinda understanding why we need more gun laws in California maybe a 3 round max capacity magazine law is what we need if people think its funny to mishandle firearms in a unsafe manner and people who joke about it, and lately at the ranges I've been to the RO's are just as bad.
Quote:
I'm struggling to find sympathy with the OP's plight.
Old 02-08-2015, 8:51 AM

Quote:
I will somewhat disagree with that because -

- 24/7 access with a full membership
- A calendar is posted on their website showing what matches are being held when
- Matches don't run all day anyways. Plenty of time in the afternoon/evening to get some shooting in, especially in the summer hours with more light
- Junior rimfire range that is usually available
- Main range that is always available

Plus a host of other advantages that I could go on for a while about.

It becomes an even better place to shoot if you have time on a weekday. I've lost count how many times in the last year my group have been the only people in the entire facility by about 1 or 2pm. It's very peaceful up there when you take a break from shooting and don't hear anything but the breeze.

If he only has weekends available, then he's going to deal with a crowd of some sorts no matter where he shoots. Sorry that Prado gave you bad information, but that can happen anywhere.
Holy cow! Stop spilling the beans!
Old 02-10-2015, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

We are capped at 1600 members at WEGC, but you can get on the waiting list or do a partial membership (fri, sat, sun on front range only). Raahauges sucks nuts and prado wasn't even worth bothering with for rifle and pistol use. Burro didnt impress me either. West End has the most options. Our competitions are open to the public and are well run.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveTPO View Post
Holy cow! Stop spilling the beans!

Really?

Private range. Capped membership. Can't ask for any better! It's not like all of a sudden there is going to be the mass influx of full memberships. One person leaves, another takes the spot, and the number stays at 1600.
Old 02-17-2015, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilliams View Post
Driller51 -

Membership is full. Please, don't try and join

The last thing they need there is another primadonna.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteel View Post
Membership is full. Please, don't try and join

The last thing they need there is another primadonna.

After the mess this thread has become, I don't disagree.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This being only your 3rd or so STUPID comment on this tread. You might want to reconsider your hobbies. It really doesn't seem like you are cut out to be a reasonable gun owner. It looks more like you are looking for reasons and putting you and your daughter in situations simply to ask for more gun control. And by some of your comments, it also looks like you are putting zero thought towards your proposals. And are simply being hysterical.
Please reconsider your hobby choices.
Thanks for reading.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Calguns Addict

I go there and shoot Skeet and Trap but that's it. Employees are a little on the dumb side as they were about to call the police on me with my Salvo silencer even though I showed them the paperwork they didn't get it.
Old 02-17-2015, 1:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
I go there and shoot Skeet and Trap but that's it. Employees are a little on the dumb side as they were about to call the police on me with my Salvo silencer even though I showed them the paperwork they didn't get it.
I would have just pulled up a chair and watched that thing run