Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 02-25-2012, 5:28 PM
Calguns Addict

People were quick to jump to riflegear's defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR500 View Post
I love threads like this. People are so quick to lash out against business and jump on the bandwagon.
Old 02-25-2012, 5:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfried View Post
People were quick to jump to riflegear's defense.
The phenomenon is not confined to this specific thread. I was speaking more in the global calguns sense.
Old 02-25-2012, 5:52 PM

I went into Riflegear for the first time today and I must say, their reputation for excellent customer service is well deserved. I went there to sell two of my firearms via PPT but also ended up putting some money on an LWRC I've been eyeing for a while and buying a Vltor stripped upper. Two different people helped me, I can't remember the name of the first guy but the guy who helped me with my LWRC was Brian, both of them were friendly and knowledgable. I only wish more shops were like this...and that Riflegear would move shop down to the San Diego area . Keep up the good work Riflegear!

Oh, btw, I did do two transfers an hour apart which required me taking two numbers. Their system seems to work fine and I wasn't discriminated against. Maybe because I'm Asian?

Last edited by cwin; 02-25-2012 at 5:56 PM..
Old 02-25-2012, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crud View Post
I wonder what "really" happened when the OP went to Ammo Bros. also.
Guy probably feels victimized everywhere he goes, because people don't help him with his shortcomings like mommy did.

The fact that OP refused to explain himself, I'm led to believe that OP's MO is typical liberal smear tactic. I won't be surprised if OP is w/anti 2A group. They'll try everything out of desperation like ammo ban and even bring down local businesses. Reading between the lines, I think that's what he's trying to do. We should rally around Riflegear, I like those guys.

Mod's please delete if I'm off base.
Old 02-25-2012, 5:55 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I've never had anything but the best service there.
Old 02-25-2012, 6:05 PM

Props to Riflegear for not posting the video, that certainly shows a lot of class.

It would have pretty funny to see though.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2012, 6:12 PM
Veteran Member

Fastkevin? (Crickets)

The end.
Old 02-25-2012, 6:14 PM

im posting here to follow this thread....and to rifle gear, you guys are awesome and i couldnt be happier with the service you guys provide...hands down prob the best service ive ever received from a gun store. both you guys as well as ammo bros are awesome!

http://www.socalsubies.com/?referrerid=5243
Old 02-25-2012, 6:15 PM

So there is no video. OP must be telling the truth.

I kid, I kid!
Old 02-25-2012, 6:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
Kevin,

I'm sorry but your claims of racism are ridiculous. I reviewed the security footage and you were on your cell phone when your number was called multiple times. The salesman then went to number 15 and a few seconds later you realized you were skipped and you threw your hands up, dropped your ticket, and walked out the door without saying a word. Basically your story is BS and you didn't sack up and speak up that you were skipped. If you had spoken up, we would have immediately served you since you were next. I can post the video footage here for all to see if you like.

David (the cracker that owns the place)
*->OWNED<-*
WTB: LAPD Ithaca M37 / CHP S&W / Other PD trade ins....
Old 02-25-2012, 6:56 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

I think the OP should apologize and show what a man and military ethos is all about...

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 02-25-2012, 8:07 PM
Calguns Addict

how about 10% off for white guys ?
Old 02-25-2012, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azthig69 View Post
The fact that OP refused to explain himself, I'm led to believe that OP's MO is typical liberal smear tactic. I won't be surprised if OP is w/anti 2A group. They'll try everything out of desperation like ammo ban and even bring down local businesses. Reading between the lines, I think that's what he's trying to do. We should rally around Riflegear, I like those guys.

Mod's please delete if I'm off base.
400+ posts, I kind of doubt it.
I can't agree with OP's posting either but we've all been there, done that. Overemphasize how bad something was to get the extra attention. But still, the race card? Come on now...
Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Foundation View Post
400+ posts, I kind of doubt it.
I can't agree with OP's posting either but we've all been there, done that. Overemphasize how bad something was to get the extra attention. But still, the race card? Come on now...
Yeah, this is not an anti-gun guy, anti-social maybe, but not anti-gun. He was not talking on his cell, but he was holding it with both hands and looking down on it - texting, checking email, etc... If anyone in this entire incident is racists it is the OP. He claims he was the only white guy in the entire store, yet the video shows at least two-three white customers other than himself in the store and two of our sales associates working in the showroom were white. His immediate reaction to missing his number being called was not that he wasn't paying attention, or that the store was loud and busy, but that we are racists and intentionally skipped him. Yet he is the one that stormed out of the store without telling anyone that he was skipped and immediately gets on our forum and makes slanderous and wild accusations based purely on race. This entire incident is ridiculous and I think his failure to return to try to back up any of his claims, or retract them and apologize, should speak volumes as to the validity of anything he said.

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by shark92651; 02-26-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:47 AM

What we have racists on a gun board?

The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:10 AM

So if I go into your store and pull a number, and I start playing a little Angrybirds, or Fruit Ninja on my phone to pass the time until I am called, your reps will see me and assume Im on the phone and just skip me?

Not that I would do this, cause usually when I am there at riflegear I am drooling all over the guns on the wall and checking out the accecories

Last edited by gl0ckc0ma; 02-26-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We do not know what number anybody is holding in their hands. We call out the next number 2 - 3 times and if nobody steps forward, we go to the next number. It is the customer's responsibility to step forward or otherwise identify themselves when their number is called. We often have several people looking at us as we call a number and that is not the time to be subtle or assume we know what number is in your hand just because we made eye contact with you - just step forward to the counter or speak up. It's not that complicated

www.riflegear.com
Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, this is not an anti-gun guy, anti-social maybe, but not anti-gun. He was not talking on his cell, but he was holding it with both hands and looking down on it - texting, checking email, etc... If anyone in this entire incident is racists it is the OP. He claims he was the only white guy in the entire store, yet the video shows at least two-three white customers other than himself in the store and two of our sales associates working in the showroom were white. His immediate reaction to missing his number being called was not that he wasn't paying attention, or that the store was loud and busy, but that we are racists and intentionally skipped him. Yet he is the one that stormed out of the store without telling anyone that he was skipped and immediately gets on our forum and makes slanderous and wild accusations based purely on race. This entire incident is ridiculous and I think his failure to return to try to back up any of his claims, or retract them and apologize, should speak volumes as to the validity of anything he said.
Looking at his posts, the OP spends 90% of his time buying and selling. If one were to be interested in contacting him, I'd suggest posting something in the For Sale forum.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-26-2012, 1:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The OP is insane.. I'm as "white" as can be and I get nothing but stellar service when I go to Riflegear..

The "racism" rant is as blithering when it comes from a white as it is when it's feigned by a black, hispanic or whatever.

I think some people leave the house with the intention of becoming offended.. sell-fulfilling prophecy. Or maybe just drama queens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
Old 02-26-2012, 1:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshoer View Post
Hey fast Kevin,Met you once to buy that POS Springfield GI.When you pulled up like a Maniac i asked if you were a cop because you had the Balls to park in a Handicapped parking space and you shugged it off.I didnt like you because you were White like me.I didnt like you cause i thought you were and AHole.
lol.. worth quoting..

I see the OP ran away from this thread with his skirt between his knees.. that's pretty telling about what really went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7122 View Post
i am speaking on behalf of the OP (he is my cousin twice removed) and he says to post it up.
Not sure if serious... lol

If you are then tell the OP to sack up and post back in the thread.. or hide.. his choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

Last edited by Steve1968LS2; 02-26-2012 at 1:37 PM..
Old 02-26-2012, 1:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
lol.. worth quoting..

I see the OP ran away from this thread with his skirt between his knees.. that's pretty telling about what really went down.

Not sure if serious... lol

If you are then tell the OP to sack up and post back in the thread.. or hide.. his choice.
no, not serious. lol

i saw the "cousin twice removed," from a movie once.
it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
PSN name= entwie_dumayla
"I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."
***looking to buy in great condition yugo sks***
Old 02-26-2012, 3:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I'm half Asian, would I get good service or bad?

OP, just PM Kes and ask him to delete your account and then start a new one under a different name.
Half-bad, at a guess. But, on the brighter side, it'll be half-good, too

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
Old 02-26-2012, 3:53 PM

So he never came back to refute/defend himself?
Weak sauce.

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-26-2012, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

I'm sorry but your claims of racism are ridiculous. I reviewed the security footage and you were on your cell phone when your number was called multiple times. The salesman then went to number 15 and a few seconds later you realized you were skipped and you threw your hands up, dropped your ticket, and walked out the door without saying a word. Basically your story is BS and you didn't sack up and speak up that you were skipped. If you had spoken up, we would have immediately served you since you were next. I can post the video footage here for all to see if you like.

David,

This post is so full of win.

In a week when I pick up my special order rifle you have secured an additional AR parts purchase from me, and this is the reason (no joke).

I would also like to extend a public "thank you" to Brian and John who helped me order the rifle. Their customer service was excellent, they returned calls promptly, and they were both superbly helpful with any questions I had while placing the order.

Agreeing with everyone else in this thread, the charges of racism are completely unfounded.

Andrew (cracker patron)
Old 02-26-2012, 7:10 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

There needs to be an icon or member tag for pwning someone so completely in a forum that the other person quits the Internet.
Old 02-26-2012, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
There needs to be an icon or member tag for pwning someone so completely in a forum that the other person quits the Internet.
AAAahhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-27-2012, 5:52 AM

For playing the racism card, you must continue to do this for all eternity!

Old 02-27-2012, 1:51 PM

Quote:
We do not know what number anybody is holding in their hands. We call out the next number 2 - 3 times and if nobody steps forward, we go to the next number. It is the customer's responsibility to step forward or otherwise identify themselves when their number is called. We often have several people looking at us as we call a number and that is not the time to be subtle or assume we know what number is in your hand just because we made eye contact with you - just step forward to the counter or speak up. It's not that complicated
Old 02-27-2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

Old 02-27-2012, 2:04 PM

Mann did the OP fall off the earth or what??
Old 02-27-2012, 2:21 PM
Calguns Addict

whew.....my sides hurt now. thanks for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 02-27-2012, 2:26 PM

The OP has got to be full of it. Was there a little over 3 hours ago doing a DROS on a New Frontier lower. Guy behind the counter (asian) was nothing but nice and helpful to me (white devil). I can honestly say with zero reservation that I got the BEST customer service I have ever gotten at a gun shop at RifleGear. I hate the fact that they are a 90 minute drive from where I live, but between their website, and just waiting and buying a lot of stuff at once, I think they are pretty much going to be my go-to shop from now on.

"Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.
Old 02-27-2012, 2:54 PM

Riflegear rocks. There's so many different things to look at while waiting for your number. Anyone from SoCal would have been to Turners at least once and experience the 1-2 hour wait times. OP may have been one of those "try hards"getting ready of for MW3. Got his butt kicked by asians online and got pissed when he went to riflegear and realized he might get his butt kicked again(I kid I kid) +1 Riflegear service always rocks and cool to news on AR like me.

Last edited by xoutxkastx; 02-28-2012 at 7:32 AM..
Old 02-27-2012, 6:21 PM

I went to RifleGear for the first time today, it wasn't to busy and had a few questions to ask concerning AR's. Great service, questions answered and now I'm sure I'll be doing business there! Might have to get a AK too! I may never go to Turner's again. My redskin behind was not a issue.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Calguns Addict

great thread...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 PM

Man how did I miss this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Calguns Addict

I've seen a lot of crap threads on Calguns, but this thread is the worst to date.

Rifle Gear racist????

That is totally crazy, totally just messed up beyond description....how could anyone even think or say such a thing. In todays world in SoCal there is really no line drawn between Asians, Hispanics, Whites, or blacks, at least not in my experiance in the gun world. Maybe in street gangs. but at Rifle Gear????? What about all the guys there who are white, black, and hispanic?

Why is this thread even still open? Kes would have killed this one a long long time ago. it serves no purpose but to inflame racial tensions.

And rifle gear is certainly not anti military, just the opposite.

Kill this thread, this is an ugliness that shouldn't see the light of day.

bubbapug1 - a wasp riflegear client since early 2008

Last edited by bubbapug1; 02-27-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 7:57 AM

I was floored reading this too. If the OP knew anything about RG he would realize just how ridiculous his statements were.

This Caucasian Veteran of 2 wars and 2 branches of service, fully supports RG and all of its stellar staff.
Old 02-28-2012, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
I've seen a lot of crap threads on Calguns, but this thread is the worst to date.

Rifle Gear racist????

That is totally crazy, totally just messed up beyond description....how could anyone even think or say such a thing. In todays world in SoCal there is really no line drawn between Asians, Hispanics, Whites, or blacks, at least not in my experiance in the gun world. Maybe in street gangs. but at Rifle Gear????? What about all the guys there who are white, black, and hispanic?

Why is this thread even still open? Kes would have killed this one a long long time ago. it serves no purpose but to inflame racial tensions.

And rifle gear is certainly not anti military, just the opposite.

Kill this thread, this is an ugliness that shouldn't see the light of day.

bubbapug1 - a wasp riflegear client since early 2008
This is Rifle Gear's own sub forum, I suspect if they had just killed this, the OP would be over in OT roasting Rifle Gear for deleting his post and we would not know the whole story.
I commend Dave for keeping this open and not posting the video

The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Last edited by greybeard; 02-28-2012 at 1:11 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 11:54 AM

I am former US Army, 11B20 25th Infantry (Light), Brian who helped me was former Army himself, great guy and great advice. I think Riflegear rocks...