Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 02-24-2012, 1:19 PM

Default Riflegear Hate Whitey/[prior] Military?

I'm the type that purposely buys from the local guys first, to support my local business(es). Up 'til now I shopped at Ammo Bros(until their 'smith' ruined my upper attempting to install a piston kit, then 'only' charged me $200 for his 'time'), and today I decided to hit up Riflegear.
I entered the store(which is at most 8 feet from the counter to the door), grabbed a number, and waited. When it was time for my number to come up, a dude behind the counter looked at me and I showed him my tag(14). He then looked away from me, and at a female, who showed him her number, which was the one after mine(15). He then proceeded to point at her and click the number display THROUGH 14, and stopped at 15. I know what you're thinking, and you could be right, but she wasn't even 5' tall, and EASILY two-bills(200lbs). Maybe that was his type...but in any event, I then looked at him and asked in an outside voice, "what happened to 14'? Everyone looked at me, but nobody said anything.
Here's the facts:
I was the ONLY white person in the store. EVERYONE behind the counter was asian. And I noticed a few minutes ago I'm wearing a t-shirt with a particular U.S. Army unit crest on it.
I had been in the store standing quietly in the same location for the previous 20-minutes.
The Counter-person looked right at me and saw my number 14, then chose to help the next person(who like everyone else in the store, wasn't white, and wasn't wearing any military-related clothing), AFTER clicking the number sign TWICE to get through MY number, and land on the next person's.
For whatever reason, dude CHOSE NOT to help ME. Whether that was his decision alone, or that of the store itself, I don't know. The only thing I can say is that there was NO mistake made on his part. He saw me plain as day, and purposely helped someone else.
The ONLY differences between me and the other customers was the color of my skin, and the emblem on my shirt.
There WASN'T a booger sticking out of my nose, nor am I oozing puss or any other vile bodily fluid that would make one not want to come within 100 yards of me. I know because I checked..
I know the local asian communites around here aren't big flag wavers(U.S. anyway), and this store IS in a city with a huge asian population, but refusing service to a 'customer' because he's white and/or [prior] military? That's just stupid...my money is just as green as everyone else.
In any event, I know I'm not gonna even consider doing business with this store again. If it's one thing we're not short of around here, it's gun stores.

Last edited by fastkevin; 02-24-2012 at 1:22 PM..
Old 02-24-2012, 1:34 PM
Veteran Member

Riflegear is typically known for their exemplary customer service, this seems totally odd...

So did you get helped or not?
What happened after you asked about #14?
Old 02-24-2012, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

I'm a big white guy and I get great service from whoever is behind the counter.

Not saying it didn't happen but that is out of character from my experiences with them.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-24-2012, 1:38 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, what happened after you pointed out the MISTAKE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRazz View Post
I don't wish to be known as a set of tits behind a gun.
Old 02-28-2012, 3:24 PM

So what are you trying to say OP? that the Asian guys AT RIFLEGEAR are discriminating a WHITE BOY? that will be impossible! maybe you are forgetting that Asians are minorities in the US!

Last edited by Speedpower; 02-28-2012 at 4:46 PM..
Old 02-28-2012, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedpower View Post
So what are you trying to say OP? that the Asian guys AT RIFLEGEAR are discriminating a WHITE BOY? that will be impossible! maybe you are forgetting that Asians are minorities in the US!
You don't have to be Caucasian to be a racist. Let's be sure to get that straight... that's got to be one of the worst things some of you guys have to deal with. There's a lot of borderline racist things us minorities can get away with that you Caucasians would get crucified for.
Old 02-28-2012, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Foundation View Post
You don't have to be Caucasian to be a racist. Let's be sure to get that straight... that's got to be one of the worst things some of you guys have to deal with. There's a lot of borderline racist things us minorities can get away with that you Caucasians would get crucified for.
How sure are you that I'm a Caucasian? you think you're smart?
Old 02-28-2012, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedpower View Post
How sure are you that I'm a Caucasian? you think you're smart?
heh heh...
My minority is supposed to be smart

Actually, that was meant as a general statement, not specifically for you

...whitey

see what I mean?
Old 03-26-2015, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Foundation View Post
Maybe prejudice but not racist.

Also I kinda want to see that video but understand RG's decesion not to.
Old 03-27-2015, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampcrip View Post
Maybe prejudice but not racist.

Also I kinda want to see that video but understand RG's decesion not to.
Everybody is prejudice to some degree. Thats normal. But I also believe minorities are much more racist than most Americans realize.
Old 02-24-2012, 1:44 PM

Wow someone pulled out the race card.

I was just there two days ago to pick up my AR and 10 days prior. The majority of the people there, on my first visit were white and on my second visit were a mix of everything. I even saw 2 guys in Army ACU's(1 was a "non-flag waving" asian guy) falling in line and getting service just like the rest of us. IMO, I don't think the color of your skin nor your military background was the contributing factor of you being ignored by the employee. Maybe he didn't like how you looked. J/K Much respect to you for your service, but please don't make assumptions based on one visit. And please don't assume the local asians there are anti-American or what-not, that's just plain ignorance on your part.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-24-2012, 1:45 PM
Cantankerous old coot
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have always been treated well in their store. I have never felt any type of attitude and I am as white, round, bald, middle aged kind of guy as you could find. This totally odd.
Old 02-24-2012, 1:45 PM

Wow, that sucks to hear! The service their is pretty damn awesome to say the least.
Whatever the reason, that's pretty tasteless and inexcusable on their behalf. I highly doubt it has anything to do with race. I say call next time and get their name before heading down there. That way you can just ask for the person you spoke to on the phone.
Old 02-24-2012, 1:47 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Kevin,

I'm sorry but your claims of racism are ridiculous. I reviewed the security footage and you were on your cell phone when your number was called multiple times. The salesman then went to number 15 and a few seconds later you realized you were skipped and you threw your hands up, dropped your ticket, and walked out the door without saying a word. Basically your story is BS and you didn't sack up and speak up that you were skipped. If you had spoken up, we would have immediately served you since you were next. I can post the video footage here for all to see if you like.

David (the cracker that owns the place)

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by shark92651; 02-24-2012 at 2:31 PM..
Old 02-24-2012, 1:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
Kevin,

I'm sorry but your claims of racism are ridiculous. I reviewed the security footage and you were on your cell phone when your number was called multiple times. The salesman then went to number 15 and a few seconds later you realized you were skipped and you threw your hands up, dropped your ticket, and walked out the door without saying a word. Basically your story is BS and you didn't sack up and speak up that you were skipped. If you had spoken up, we would have immediately served you since you were next. I can post the video footage here for all to see if you like.
pwned!
Quote:
Old 02-24-2012, 1:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
.... I can post the video footage here for all to see if you like.

OP gotz OWNED.

Old 02-24-2012, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

Old 02-29-2012, 6:30 PM
AFreePeopleOughtToBeArmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.t.singh View Post
You just made this white guy p*** his pants!
Old 02-24-2012, 2:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I can post the video footage here for all to see if you like.
Well that was quick and definitive....
Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

OP should be ban. dumb-*** complainer lol. ban ban ban
Old 02-25-2012, 1:27 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Kevin,

End the competition. Post of the year.
Old 02-25-2012, 6:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Kevin,

*->OWNED<-*
WTB: LAPD Ithaca M37 / CHP S&W / Other PD trade ins....
Old 02-26-2012, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

David,

This post is so full of win.

In a week when I pick up my special order rifle you have secured an additional AR parts purchase from me, and this is the reason (no joke).

I would also like to extend a public "thank you" to Brian and John who helped me order the rifle. Their customer service was excellent, they returned calls promptly, and they were both superbly helpful with any questions I had while placing the order.

Agreeing with everyone else in this thread, the charges of racism are completely unfounded.

Andrew (cracker patron)
Old 02-27-2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

Old 03-01-2012, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Kevin,

Owned.

BTW, I have Purchased 3 handguns outright and done several more transfers at Riflegear and I have found the staff to be courteous, friendly and, best of all, knowledgeable esp when it comes to the legality of things. It is a top notch store.

Oh, yeah, and I am a big white guy who usually wears old US Navy unit tshirts.
Old 03-02-2012, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

Last edited by SarcoBlaster; 03-02-2012 at 8:28 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 9:42 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Kevin,

HA HA HA LOL- love the fact that we can review the video and see your b.s. claims. Riflegear was/and has always been very respectfull and nice to all their customers everytime Ive been in
Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Kevin,

WOW.....

that b-smack was so hard even elvis felt it..............

Old 03-25-2012, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Kevin,
This is the funniest thing I've read in a while.

David, +1 for Riflegear being fast, friendly and professional each time I've dealt with them. I've never met you but I've made a number of purchases from your site. I'm going to make it a point to stop in the store next time I am in your neck of the woods if that is ok.

Given the theme of this thread I feel I must point out that I'm 1/2 black and 1/2 white.... ya know.. so you'll know it's me when I get there. LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 4:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kevin,

your my faveorite cracker.
Old 05-15-2012, 9:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kevin,

AWESOME . com

LOL!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Kevin,

I don't post on forums much anymore, but I gotta say, after reading this response I'm happy I chose Rifle Gear as the place to order an FN SCAR 17S from last week.
Old 01-25-2013, 8:02 AM

Smile RifleGear

Quote:
Kevin,

FAIL!

I have been there many times and every sales person there has been professional and EXTREMELY helpful!

I just wish they would get more part in stock SOON...!
Old 05-17-2014, 6:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Wait, you're white!? I feel cheated. I thought for sure you were azn.
Old 06-19-2015, 2:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Kevin,

That was damn beautiful. Kudos
Old 02-24-2012, 1:50 PM
Calguns Supreme Overlord

Wow.. are you claiming that there is a gun shop that hates WHITE vets?! Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D
Old 02-24-2012, 1:51 PM
Veteran Member

Tall clean cut military looking white guy here...I've had zero problems there. I've only deal with two people, and they were both Asian. Both were stand up, knowledgeable, non-FUD kind of guys.

I felt welcomed once I was helped. There were several people ahead of me and I felt they were treated the same (even those who asked really lame questions)

No, I don't work there, just my experience.
Old 02-24-2012, 1:59 PM
Veteran Member

I think I'll go over and do some shopping on Riflegear's website now. I hear they really like big white guys!
Quote:
Old 02-24-2012, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

You know, it's not my intention to embarrass someone over something like this but this is the second time recently that someone has claimed we have a discriminatory policy when it comes to serving customers with our number system. In both cases it was a situation where someone missed their number being called and rather than walking forward and speaking up, they walk out and then trash us on the internet. This passive aggressive response isn't befitting a man, white, Asian, military, or otherwise - and we have all of the above working here.

www.riflegear.com
Old 02-24-2012, 2:13 PM
Veteran Member

I hear ya. Keep up the good work.